Reviews for An Eve Of Their Own
RionaEire chapter 1 . 2/3
That's actually a really cute story. My only suggestion is that the girls should be older, both because the nutcracker boys are older and because in the book we know that Sara's 11th birthday is the one where she loses everything, which is rather fitting of the author, because when you turn 11 all the little has left you and you're not little anymore. Anyways I just think they should be older, plus from the book we also know that Becky is older than Sara. there are a lot of age lapses by fanfic authors in this fandom, partly because Frances Hodgeson Burnett has a couple of oopses in continuity herself, but there are a few things she's clear on, Sara's 7 when she comes to the school, 11 when her father dies. At any rate this story is quite cute, I like the little details like Sara and Becky "crunched" up to the building, clever word use things like that. I know this is an old story, so your dialogue skills have probably improved since you wrote it, their speech is too modern. But I rather see this as a story for children, and in children's stories little things like that can be overlooked..
Riona
Beriofirion chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Wow. This is perfect! It was so like the book in style, thanks for posting it here!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
aww this story is so sweet
Saphirabrightscale chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
It was so sweet and magical and written exactly in the same style as the author would.
Sarah Soprano chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Okay, that was just absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of everything I would dream about when I was little 3 My friends Shona and Juliet are starring as Sara and Becky in a musical of A Little Princess! (:
Christopher Scott chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Great oneshot, Walls! That was very sweet. I especially liked the Nutcracker paralells. I will let you know what you've won when all entries are , Christopher Scott: A Gentleman Thief