Reviews for Halamshiral
SnowHelm chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Such a deeply sad chapter, but Zevran was perfect and your portrayal of Alistair was wonderful.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/13/2014
It's taken a bit for me to get to this point again, since it's been so long since I read this story. I had to go through the whole thing a second time, but I'm certainly not complaining.

This is one of my favorite Dragon Age fanfics. You do an amazing job of portraying all of the different characters, their quirks, and so forth.

Beyond that, though, Lhaine actually behaves like a proper Dalish elf! He puts the needs of others before himself, he doesn't understand a great many things about human culture- and he calls them Shemlen! It drives me insane when someone writes a Dalish Warden exactly the same as a human...

But anyways, I'm glad you're continuing this, and I eagerly await the next installment!
Orpheus Thanatos Messiah chapter 14 . 2/15/2014
Ya know what, I kinda want to see how you would've put their story if you had started from the beginning instead of at the end of the game.
mille libri chapter 14 . 1/31/2014
Yahoo! More Halamshiral! So happy to see this one. :) I was struck by the comparison of Wynne and Flemeth - very apt. And I liked the change in Alistair over the course of the second part. A very realistic depiction of his maturing, I think.
Judy chapter 14 . 1/29/2014
Excellent story!
Eva Galana chapter 14 . 1/29/2014
Ooohhh...Snap! An update! Enjoyed it very much! The scene in Kirkwall with the demon was amazing, but really enjoyed the flashback - rather like having the calvery and their scouts show up for the rescue. And, sad as it was, it also showed how much Alistair loved Lhaine - to be willing to end his pain...nicely done.
shebasdawn chapter 14 . 1/29/2014
Shebas here - that was a heart, not a 3.
*glares at ff dot net*
ShebasDawn chapter 14 . 1/29/2014
Thank you so much for the new chapter! It was stunning and moving and breathtaking!

The fight scene with the demon was very well-written - I could see all the action so clearly in my head. I cheered Lhaine's answers to the demon's offers.
And Lhaine and Zev are kick-ass fighters! :D

I was proud of Merrill for finally fighting the demon off and awww Zev 'knew who his true signore was.' 3 that!

Screw ff dot net for taking away my ability to copy and paste! There are so many passages I want to quote - so beautifully written - but I don't have the time to manually write it out. :(

Excellent way to bring up the flashback, and what a gritty, dark, and powerful flashback it was! I'm not surprised it was hard to write, but you did a magnificent job.

Now, as to the rate of new chapters coming out - I'm sorry, but I will just say it - we need new chapters at a much faster rate, Isabeau! This story is waaayyy too good to have to wait so long for another fix. Be prepared to be poked black and blue if we don't have a new chapter to read within the month! (and tell any of your other characters who may be protesting now to back off - they can have their stories written after Lhaine. He's way too awesome to wait!)
SgtGinger chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
Holy shit it's back!
Bloodsong 13T chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
thank YOU, shebasdawn, the venerable poker of writers!

now how could you sit on this chapter a whole year!? there's fights! and heroics! and there's flashbacks and pathos and more fights and escapes!
and lhaine walks the hero's walk. tell it, zevran!
and alistair contemplates the unbearable... while his past self learns and grows strong.

man, that was so good!
Melysande chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
So glad you've continued the story. And what a chapter for your return. Both defeating the demon and learning the full story of Ft. Drakon. Makes so much more sense that Alistair is 'hardened' this way. I should have reviewed last year, but I didn't realize how important reviews become until I started posting my story. So welcome back and please continue.
Mike3207 chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
Good to see you writing again. I was a bit concerned something might have happened with how bad the flu was in January.
JayColin chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
Was very happy to see an update to this story, as I've always enjoyed it. And the new chapter did not dissapoint. I imagine that the scenes at Drakon were the hardest to write, as I'm sure if I had to write such scenes, I would find it very hard, but I think you did them well. The reader in me hopes that the next chapter will be out soon, although the author in me says take all the time you need to produce a quality product. Not that I have any fear of it not being a quality product no matter how long it takes, as you're a great writer. Keep up the fantastic work.
david9999 chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
Hey, Isabeau of Greenlea.

It's funny I was going though this lovely fic of your three hours ago, and enjoyed it like always and imagine my surprise when I got the e-mail saying you had uploaded a brand you new chapter lol.

So you bet I read it and love it again, I liked how Lhaine, Zev, Fenarel were able to help Merill kill her pride demon with the other Elf's watching.

Will that mean Lhaine and the rest of his clan with Zev can now return to Ferelden ? Or will they stay and help Hawke's group out ?

I liked the way you did the flashback too that was good,
now one last question for you lol, any clue's one when we can see the 15th chapter ?

Sorry but you have gotten be hooked onto this story once more. :-)

Enjoy your week my friend,
Guest chapter 2 . 8/20/2013