Reviews for Halamshiral
Bloodsong 13T chapter 6 . 7/14/2012
running around in the royal smallclothes? was this a party banter i missed? lol!

i like this version of alistair, quietly strong and confident. i haven't read much with him in that mode. and i like the intimacy and trust, and mistakes made as alistair tries to help his friend and lover.

one thing i was thinking about this story... that lhaine remains more or less a closed book. i did find that a little troublesome, that i wanted to know more about what he thought and felt. but he hasn't been a viewpoint character, really. (which i can't complain about, because i do that with my characters all the time.) in these past two chapters (5 & 6), i think i've been getting more of a feel for him. they way he was speaking about the dalish and how they could never settle down, how they'd always be attacked... that made me feel sad.

and the end of this chapter, where they bring some of his feelings out. about meeting those guys. that has got to be... yeah, just the worst feeling.

the whole... relationship quadrangle, too. that's gonna be awkward. i like awkward! :)
Bloodsong 13T chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
i'm glad i pestered you for the link to this :)

just chapter one by itself is very inviting, i can feel this history between the characters, even though the main character is not present. but at the same time, i see there are a lot of loose ends, hints, and potentials going on that need to be addressed further in the story, and i look forward to them.
your writing style is very solid and engaging. it is a pleasure to read.

i do want to make one little comment on your intro notes... 'everything *after* ostagar' is strange to a dalish elf? man, being AT ostagar, dumped alone into the middle of the human army, the army of your enemies... that really did it to freak out my dalish elf right there. :)

i wish lhaine the best of luck. but so far, i do not see how he is going to achieve his desires. though those desires might change, and he might find happiness anyway. we shall see!
mille libri chapter 11 . 5/2/2012
I am excited to see what interesting things you have in store for Marethari and Merrill and the clan, one of the most intriguing mysteries - and tragedies - of DA2. And I was both happy and sad at Lhaine's joyous homecoming and Zev's interpretation of it on Alistair's behalf.
Ventisquear chapter 11 . 4/25/2012
What a fantastic chapter. I love the way you add familiar faces to make new twists (I wonder what Bhelen wants), and I love Lhaine more and more. It makes sense that Dalish would be so proud of their culture and wisdom and would try to teach shemlens some manners. And if they're still rude, kill them.

Aldwyn IS a reasonable man and an interesting character. I can imagine between Lhaine and Zevran, it's not easy to follow king's orders. :D I hope to see more of how he tries to balance it all.

I'm curious how Lhaine's clan will react to the offer. Marethari already realized he lsot his inner peace, I wonder if she'll try to talk to him... I'm so looking forward for the next chapter!
Aritha chapter 11 . 4/20/2012
I really like the details that you've included, such as the use of dwarven bearer bonds and the extent of Bhelen's influence on surface dwarves in the Guild.
Ventisquear chapter 10 . 4/11/2012
I liked how you introduced Varric and I hope we'll see more of him. :)

But my favourite in this chapter was Zev - both when he talked about changing the fate of elves and when he joked about dagger. It was nice to see him having ideals for a change - usually he's written as a cynic. That it was him and not the Dalish who suggested doing something was a brilliant idea.

Can't wait for another chapter. :)
Ygrain33 chapter 10 . 4/9/2012
OK, let's try _again_ if the review gets through...

I really like the different PoVs, and I can't wait to see Lhaine adressing everyone in Kirkwall as his inferior! :D

Plus, Zev and Leli are an awesome pair!
gatorsnacks chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
Aww Varric has a heart of gold :3 Can't wait to see how all this is going to wrap up :)
mille libri chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
I loved the intro to Varric, seeing him through a child's eyes as a fearsome but kindly patron! And I found the conversation between Zev and Lhaine about the elves and Lhaine's responsibility, or lack thereof, toward them very interesting - they balance each other very well.
ohgodddd chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
this fic is really picking up! you're such a great writer, and I'm on the edge of my seat for the next chapter. I was wondering how the Warden's name is pronounced by the way? Anyways, please update soon! :
JayColin chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
Don't have much to say about this chapter other than it was fantastic and that I'm very anxiously awaiting Chapter 11. As I think I've already said, it's definitely one of the best DA stories I've ever read and Lhaine is a very interesting character. Don't know if I'm saying that because my favorite character I played in DA was also a Dalish elf named Rhyvan or not, but all I know is I'm definitely enjoying this story. Keep up the great work!
Ventisquear chapter 9 . 4/2/2012
You can't mess DAII continuity - you can only improve it.

Very nice idea about not hearing darskpawn at the sea. And it was nice to see Lhaine so relaxed, sleeping well.

I almost felt sorry for raiders - that's some bad luck, to run into Lhaine and Zevran. :D

Ariston seems to be interesting character, a reasonable mix of snobism and sense, as expected from a noble. That he saw his fighting skills, expensive armor and enchanted weapon - so he could assume it was not a common elf - and still felt offended about the cabin says a lot not only about him, but also about what Lhaine can expect in Kirkwall. I wonder if Ariston will help with that.
Eva Galana chapter 9 . 3/29/2012
Isa, I am enjoying this story greatly! I know there are those who don't appreciate a 'gay' Alistair, but, frankly, I envision him that way far more than straight. Dunno why, but I do.

And this is an excellent story - well written, with interesting and deep characters, and nice little twists along the way to keep it interesting.

Looking forward to more, Isa. Definitely!
mille libri chapter 9 . 3/29/2012
I liked that Lhaine is so comfortable on the ocean - it fits his personality very well. And Ariston is a nice believable mix of snooty noble and possibly decent person. I was highly amused that he thought Lhaine was a woman!
gatorsnacks chapter 9 . 3/28/2012
Man our hero must be quite beautiful to be mistaken for a lady ;)
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »