Reviews for The Floors Are Falling Out From Everybody
harper83 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I loved this story! So great! I really like what you did with the time jumps. Excellent job
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Lovely story!
a2zmom chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Great story. I love that so mich of Brennan's anger is due to the fact that she's no longer in complete control. Once you let other people in so much of your life - your emotions, whether you go to work that day, even your sleep schedule - are deermined by others whom youhave no control over.

But as Brennan notes, it's a trade she's gladly made.
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Alright. I'm just going to say this now, so I can get it out of the way:

Just as TALKING about glitter didn't count as glitter (accroding to you,) alluding to sex DOES NOT COUNT as smut.

Lucky for you I loved it anyway.

First, that the date is my birthday is such a fun thing. I grinned every time I saw it.

I love the time jumping throughout the day. That was brilliant and required strict attention and provided a wonderful and unique way to see into their domestic life while knowing that it doesn't all go well from right off the bat.

Sweets and Booth made me laugh. Just because Sweets is so Sweetsie and Booth is so Boothy in his almost instant "Down boy" attitude.

And then a sick child and Brennan feels the tug that all moms feel: She wants to stay home, but there are things to be done and Claire's father IS an equal parent...but when a kid is sick they want their mom and mom wants to be there, too. And Booth can see this, so she stays.

This I loved:

"It's a variation of a strategy she's employed before; I'm a doctor. People make assumptions and then they make allowances, and this is one situation in which she never feels that pressing need to correct everyone around her in exact, linear terms. It's not a lie. She's not married to Booth but she is his medical proxy and she's every bit as entitled to his information, to him, as she would be if they were husband and wife. But she knows this system and she knows the time consuming search for legal documents and demands for identification that would stall this process. And she can't wait. She can't. She needs to see Booth, she needs to see his medical charts, and she needs to know that everything will be okay.

It's not a lie. It's the act of a woman who loves her partner fiercely."

Brilliant. I can't say anything else about it.

I love the banter about bears and I love that Booth calls Claire "pretty girl" because my husband calls our girls "gorgeous girl" and it just made me smile.

This also made me smile because I can recognize it as something that happens to me on a fairly regular basis:

"Brennan smiles, because her partner is large and her daughter is so small in comparison, and the contrast does something strange to her insides."

Here, it's so clear he's blown it and the descriptive is perfect:

"...he watches as a series of emotions flit across his partner's face. There's relief and then uncertainty and for a brief second he thinks she may cry, but that's before fury sets in. It's the last emotion he sees before she shutters herself behind a curtain of neutrality."

And she's MAD not because he's hurt. She gets that that can happen. She mad because she didn't know. She had to hear it from someone else and she didn't know what happened and she had to worry. And worry means you have no control. And control is a requirement for Brennan.

So here it is: In the now she finds it difficult to picture a sudden absence of Booth, but she doesn't require imagination in order to recall the involuntary quickening of her heart that had immediately followed the phone call from the FBI. More than six years ago her heart had raced and then frozen inside of her when she had been told he hadn't survived the bullet that he had taken in order to protect her. Today, the mere thought of him being injured had been enough to trigger an identical reaction.

"She had loved Booth then in a way she hadn't been able to recognise, and she can admit – now – that she would have never been the same had he not lived. And now they work together and they live together and they sleep, eat, shop, travel, shower, and almost-everything-in-between together; when she takes both a literal and figurative step back in these moments, she sees that somewhere along their journey it has become difficult to conclusively draw a line where one of them ends and the other begins. When she takes both a literal and figurative step back in these moments, every time she is surprised by how intertwined her life has become with his."

Powerful, powerful stuff.

Also, I'm fairly certain you are actually in your 30s married to a charm smiler who is used to getting his way, because when you write about Booth's tone to her from in front of the bathroom door I about died. My husband does that and it drives me CRAZY. He also employs the charm smile at will and there have been many a time when I have said "I don't WORK for you. Don't use that tone with me." How do you KNOW that?

I laughed when he broke into the bathroom. Is he an idiot? Has he learned nothing? That WILL NOT help. And it doesn't so he has to employ, er, other methods.

She was scared and it was preventable and that's what it boils down to. He is everything and that's scary enough. But when he doesn't recognize what these times do to her...that's worse. Because she needs some control over something she lost control over a long time ago: her heart.

And then it's back to life. The baby is still sick, and Brennan stays home and asks him so plainly to include her immediately if something goes wrong.

"Her eyes flutter open and the clouded vulnerability that meets him makes it oh-so-tempting to just crawl back into bed and hold them both."

Sometimes Booth only really gets it when he sees it. Sometimes just hearing it doesn't quite drive it home. But now he sees it and he makes sure to have his charger. "Just in case."

Thank you, Ren. This was lovely. Truly. I'm honored to have such an amazing piece written for my birthday. And with this, I call "truce"...until you attempt to cross me again. :D

*mwah*
nertooold54 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Your style for this story is perfect for the theme. A sick toddler, long hours at work, very little sleep, and a husband with a dangerous job make for a very stressful day.
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I say he's lucky she's quietly angry, and probably has his daughter's presence to thank for that. Brennan can be rather volitile. :)

I like the way her anger played out, and how the two of them handled it. It was just enough angst. Very well balanced. :)
Biba79 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This was EPIC! I couldn't stop reading.

I love how angsty it was, especially coming from you!

I loved Claire, even though she wasn't in there enough. haha! But you know me, I love all of your kids fics.

Best parts: Worried Brennan and angry Brennan!

I loved it, pure and simple! ;)
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This was really good. Thanks for sharing.
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
GAH! I love the format of this story.

INTERTWINED - YES. (I'm beginning to love that word.)

Truth - "It's not a lie. It's the act of a woman who loves her partner fiercely"

EPIC!
Noie chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This is like getting a second Christmas in two weeks, thanks to the plethora of amazing birthday fics released today! Thanks so much for doing such a great job with yours! I truly appreciate you all letting us celebrate together!
RositaLG chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Still awesome. Still wonderful. Still Epic. :)
jsboneslover chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Beautiful slice of life for B&B...realistic that once in awhile there would be a pushback from Bones...she's no different in this situation from anyone whose loved one is in the line of danger day to day.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2