Reviews for The Vulnerability of Trust
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Right, so, I saw your post in the ranting thread and was like "Well, I really should review at least one" and I saw that this one had Remus/Regulus, SO REVIEWING IT NOW.

I absolutely loved the way you used the song in this. You wove in the lyrics excellently, so they never felt forced or too obvious, and it felt like it fit with the tone very nicely as well.

You said in the thread that you were proud of the way you characterized Regulus, and I think you did very well, but I feel like Remus is even better! You conveyed a sense of awkwardness with him in some of the lines that fit really well with younger!Remus in canon.

It's an excellent story, and I applaud you for writing it!

*Now uses mind control powers to make other people review it too*
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I've read a lot of Remus/people-other-than-Sirius fics. Examples include RemusxBella, RemusxSnape, RemusxHarry, the list goes on. I'm only emphasizing how hard it is reading him with someone /other/ than Sirius (let alone his brother) and I know I've read your RemReg before. The pairing is sort of like Jily... you know how I can't stand them... However, this was just some measure of beauty that is a little unfathomable to me. Just the way Regulus believes in trust, advantage, ignorance and knowledge. You painted him as a truly worthy Slytherin, and though I question Remus's taste in this sense, it was nice seeing how much the latter affected him. For that reason Regulus was so very in-character, because he's not some hardcore Death Eater (even if he wasn't during your fic), he's got a soft spot for the truth. Glad you could share that. Personally I liked Remus's lack of being able to fluently state his point. Also very like him. Nicely done.
TheGreatAndPowerfulMoz chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Remus/Regulus! I believe! I BELIEVE!

Siriusly. This has just made me a shipper.

Nice convo. You made me like Reggie(even more than I normally do) and it was really interesting.

I'm with Reg about lighting, though. Dimness is far, far superior to brightness.

You should consider writing a sequel where either Remus tells or Reggie finds out and confronts him. That'd be really dramatic and awesome. :o)
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Very pretty. Your vocabulary is astounding, I love authors like you! Reading is so much more interesting when authors use such vivid words.

Remus/Regulus... definitely not a pairing that I would even think up, or even usually read. I'm still not crazy about it, but in this fic, I believed. I also loved that this wasn't a moment of bliss, it was a quarrel. Remus's condition is a major factor in any of his relationships, and I adore the way it impacts their relationship.

You definitely nailed Regulus's character. I learned so much about him, the way he loves knowledge (as a leverage over others), how much he hates trust, his preference of dim light of all things. I love how the details aren't simple, they're more complex and lead to a deeper meaning.

A small negative - I wasn't too crazy about the last line of this, it just seemed a bit abstract compared to the detail in the rest of this.

But looking at the whole work, I found this to be wonderful. It only captures one moment in their entire relationship, but you managed to educate me, the reader, on so many different components of what it takes to make Remus/Regulus work, which it did splendidly. Great work :]
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
WOW!This was done nicely!Rally love the ay both of them seem to be so different here than their normal states!Really well done!
OCDdegrassi chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I loved this. Aside from being one of my favorite pairs, it was written very well. You described the emotions of both so well, but especially Regulus. The best line was "He doesn't trust his own opinion on that anymore, either." Very tuned into human nature, and the characters didn't seem OOC at all. The only thing that was a bit weird was the Ravenclaw saying. I understand why you put it there, but it seemed a bit random. Over all, Great job!
RoyalJamboree chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
First of all, I absolutely love Adele and especially Set Fire to the Rain so that made everything wonderful right off the bat. ;)

I really liked just about everything, my only qualms were with not knowing the story off how Regulus allowed himself to associate with Remus and also how dramatic Remus seemed to be. It seems that they love each other or at least care for each other deeply, so it seems uncharacteristic of Remus to not tell Regulus.

Although! That may be my bias, I always love a good dramatic reveal. I liked how the Slytherin in Regulus came out with vague warnings against Remus.

I also agree that Regulus miiight have been better suited to Ravenclaw.

So yeah, despite those few nitpicks, I thought everything was very well written over all. There were enough tantalizing bits of character development in the small amount of words you had that it was thouroughly enjoyable.