Reviews for At Any Moment
JD Thorn chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
WOW! Happy & sad at the same time.
ChocLuvr45 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Great writing, but this is one of the most selfish and self-absorbed female protagonists I have read in awhile. Wish someone would have told Bella off and made her pull her head out of her ass.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Loved the story! Great writing! Didn't really care for Bella.
DMBSJB18 chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Wow. No words.

Actually, yes, some words.

Powerful. Amazing. I loved it. And i truly believe that a dog would do that. They are amazing creatures.
vickie l chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
hi a beautifully written short story. I'm just about to start fimmp and picked up from your profile.

I am very sorry to say I didn't enjoy the story.

It didn't make me cry, just made me furious with bella! I cannot believe her actions when edward was shot, rejecting him when he most needed her support and then making friends with someone who quite obviously did not see or want her solely as a friend.

I am always amazed at her willing acceptance of hurting edward. Both on not communicating her love for him and being unable to give up someone she has known for 6 months, who manipulates her and belittles edward. I am not surprised edward was jealous, just to say he has no reason to is not good enough. actions speak louder than words. her rejections of jacobs advances are always flirty encouragements. she is the equivilant of a boy in a playground pulling the hair of a girl he likes with her playfight with jacob when they first met. I am not surprised he was encouraged.

Your decription of the tornado was scarily accurate. and i did like the ending.

really looking forward to reading fimmp, thanks x
IndiaInk68 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
This is an awesome story and I cannot wait for the next chapter ! Guess I better restock my tissues.
romanceaholic chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
You weren't kidding about needing a tissue, too bad I didn't take you seriously before I started reading this story (o/s.) I've been sniffling all the way through it. Bella's issues with the death of her father on the job rolled to Edward. Edward isn't Charlie. Kansas City isn't Forks. Yes he had a flesh wound, but Bella made him leave when they should have bonded closer together. Bella's fears of losing another loved one to death only made them both miserable and alone. Even meeting Jake only put a smile on her face as a friend. It only caused problems with her husband. Causing him to become jealous and angry. Only because Edward still loves Bella and didn't want to lose her.

Being from the Midwest originally myself the tornado scares always sent us to the basement when we visited my grandmother in St Louis. It was the length of the house complete with most of the comforts of upstairs including all of our toys, bikes, ping pong table, refrigerator, tv, radio, etc... Lots of things to do, small high windows so no danger with glass either. I do remember a time in Glenview IL though it couldn't be determined if high winds or tornado on base housing, but trailers were turned over. The empty apartment across the hall had shingles crash through windows with glass on tile floors. The outside garages had the roofs blown off, trees pulled up by the roots, etc... Lots of damage that my sister and I and our father slept through. Our mom said down to the basement when she woke us up and dad said get ready for school. Also the bus stop on base, the roof was blown away as well. Quite a lot of damage on the outside, not in our apartment. We lived upstairs too.

Having Bella running to find Connor but being stopped by flying debris. At least she yelled to Connor to go to the bathroom and into the tub (cast iron right?). Jack what a devoted and loving animal. Had to protect his boy Connor. Cried harder and harder about that especially when Bella was dreaming about Connor telling her they needed to bury him under the tree in the fields. Just knew Jack didn't make it. Was afraid for a while that Connor wasn't going to make it and would be the final straw in permanently separating Bella and Edward with guilt and resentment. So was very glad Connor was okay in the end. Jake was a big surprise to learn he got caught in the tornado and flung from his vehicle. That he was dead too. I can understand Edward being afraid his wife was in love with Jake and that was why she wouldn't move back in with him. It would be hard to deal with a close friend being dead caused by the storm. It would be hard to deal with since she had just talked with him on the phone earlier that day. Hard to grasp that he was on his way to her house to spend time with her and Connor to being caught in the tunnel cloud in his car to be twirled to his death. Terrifying. I was glad that Bella finally admitted to Edward that he was the only man she had ever and would ever love. It put his mind at ease that she didn't love Jake and he hadn't lost her over those months of separation. Very happy that she stopped looking for a place of her own and learned that time is short, you never know when your time is up, spend the time you have wisely with the people you love as much as you can. don't waste it on stupid fears that may never happen. Enjoy the time you do have with family. I loved Connor introducing Hope to Jack and giving her a lecture of what she has to live up to and know that Jack is watching and expecting her to fill his shoes. Very special. Also the thought that Jake is in heaven playing with Jack. Together taking care of each other. Very heartfelt.
jennyap chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
what was a great story! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! THANK YOU! : )
annamorphos chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Damn it! You made me cry! ARG! Human deaths don't usually do it for me, but a dog sacrificing itself for its owner...and I'm a blubbering mess! I'll see what I can do for ya, in regards to the banner. :)
CoppertopJ chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Wow. Tissue warning definitely required. But just WOW.

Denise
motherbeatrice chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
yeah, crying here...

loved it, beautiful.

Bella needed to let go of her fear...

Glad they got together...
Angeldolphin01 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
It's so sad. *grabs tissues* I do love it though.