Reviews for The Truth behind the Mask
qwe chapter 22 . 4/16
I actually want an alternate ending where Sakura chose to stay with Deidara
Laylagirl111 chapter 1 . 4/15
Love it
lightorange chapter 22 . 3/27
ohhhhh! I love this story! do you plan to write a sequel? please, say yes: I would really appreciate it! in the meantime, I will read the other fanfictions you wrote :-)
saku642734 chapter 22 . 3/23
very cute story :)
Temkin Beck chapter 22 . 3/12
Uhm
Doujin-Maker chapter 22 . 3/9
I loved it very much :D Though, Ino appears in this story seriously far too bitchy..
ExilEden chapter 22 . 3/6
Even though I like both Itasaku AND Deisaku, in terms of this story, I feel like Sakura had more of a chemistry with Deidara. Their dialogue speak volumes about their similarity and personality compatibility. Before Itachi entered the picture, whenever those two spoke to each other, you can practically feel the tension of unbridled attraction those two have for each other. Both their energies just bounce off of one another naturally, without hardly any hesitance or pauses that can suggest one is not fully comfortable with the other. I don't know if it's the skill level that you write, or if you just have a really firm grasp on his character, but you wrote Deidara incredibly well - his emotions, thoughts, and behaviors are spot on to how I imagined the one from the anime/manga would act before he joined the Akatsuki. And Sakura too. I can't get over how accurately you nailed her character in this fic. She wasn't head over heels for him or his looks the second they meet, regardless if he was or wasn't a criminal yet (which is a huge pet peeve of mine), and she was level-headed (most of the time) throughout this story. Neither character behaved outside of what I would have expected them to behave, and you were able to successfully lead your readers on a plot-driven, emotion-fueled, suspenseful tale without focusing too much on the love triangle or neglecting each character's inner development.

Now for some con crit. With Itachi, his personality just seems much too subdued, and pardon me - bland- compared to Deidara's expressiveness. I mean that in terms of when he is around Sakura, that is. It's just difficult to feel any sort of attraction between Itachi and Sakura outside of that on-looker/admirer perspective. I get that Itachi as a character is very self-disciplined, reserved, and stoic, but for some reason those traits just rubbed me the wrong way when he was dealing with Sakura. He also reminded me uncannily of this other anime character from the Inuyasha series - Sesshomaru. Perhaps, if he had shown a little more assertiveness, then who knows? I DID like how you made it to be mysterious just which Uchiha Sakura was marrying at first, and some of the scenes they shared in. I think the parts where he was trying to bring her back were my favorites. Probably because its fun seeing Sakura get mad and scream at the stoic Uchiha. But even though I feel like Sakura should have ended up with Deidara instead, I understand that her desire to return back to Konoha stems from more than just her need to reconcile everything. She just wants to go home and see her friends again, after running and hiding for so long.

If only life wasn't so cruel - I bet that if Konoha was more lenient with missing nins from other villages (he wasn't an Akatsuki member yet), and if Iwa had a more flexible agreement with him, Deidara would have happily packed up his suitcase n' toothbrush and moved to Konoha to be with Sakura, lol. But alas, that is not to be.

Anyways, I highly enjoyed this story. I doubt it will ever happen, but I only wish that someday you could write a story solely around the Deisaku pairing. Just the fact that you made Deidara the third person in this means that you like Deisaku just a little, no? :)
ShinoCoolGaaraAwesome chapter 22 . 2/26
Love love LOVE this story! You did an amazing job! :D
Mirae Desciderium chapter 22 . 2/22
I like how supportive is Naruto. He is great.
I dislike Itachi. He is... No. Just no.
Deidara is sweet and I really wanted for him and Sakura to be together. So sad there is only one ending :)
Thank you for writing and sharing.
AshleySykes4eva chapter 1 . 2/18
I seriously love all your stories .
Sapphire Pen Master chapter 8 . 2/16
Oh, oops. Sounds like Itachi heard exactly all the wrong parts of the conversation there. Just go talk to her you blundering idiot. Everything becomes so much more complicated if you do the whole eavesdrop and make assumptions move.
CrazyBitchair chapter 20 . 1/22
Curse you, i don't know whether i'm rooting for Itasaku or Deisaku, can't they have some sort of threesome? xD. Hum, on a more serious note i really like the way you write, this is a very interesting story! I especially like how the bonds between Sakura and Itachi and Sakura and Deidara are evolving. (I wish i could write a more fully developped review cuz this fic deserves it but i'm not really good at this stuff so i'll just put this little review there )
Sapphire Pen Master chapter 5 . 1/12
HOLEY CRAP, HOLEY CRAP, HOLEY CRAP, HOLEY CRAP!
NARUTO!
Sapphire Pen Master chapter 2 . 1/12
Holey Crap. This is INSANE! I have read a total of three really good long fanfics on Itachi and Sakura and this is quickly shaping out to be one of the best. Loving it.
Sapphire Pen Master chapter 1 . 1/12
Jeez la wheeze, did you do that on purpose? It took me till half way through the chapter to determine which Uchiha she is going to marry and even now, call me an baka if you wish, I am not 100% sure that she is marrying Sasuke. So far you have never said she is marrying him, only implied. Either way, great job. You have most definitely spiked my interest with mystery and suspense. I could already tell that I am really going to enjoy this when I started reading it out loud to myself. For me, that means it was written really well. In such a way that it feels right while speaking it and sounds right on the ears. Thumbs up to you! I am going to keep reading now.