Reviews for Sick
TheDeductionist chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
That was amazing! I loved it :D
katherine chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
O my god im going to cry ! You need to write john making him well! Sherlock Would care if it were John who was hurt. That must count for something...:( but this story was still amazing and honest because Sherlock is uncareing in most respects but he cares too much for other people so he can't be called a something else indeed and I think you really started in on something wonderful. Ps im so impressed with the bit about john and the union jack pillow. I was like "finally someone noticed that the pillow is not johns" its cute how you said he clings to it tho awe. I really hope you make add onsto this cuz it would rock !
SentimentalDefect chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I have had this little jewel in my favorites stash for sometime now, and just now (at 12:24 am) that I hadnt written a review, and realized that I needed to. Now. This is probably my #1 favorite (definitely top 3) Sherlock fic, for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, I like that you write something completely original, that is fresh to read, and yet still completely believable.
Second, you have a fantastic grasp on the character's speech patterns and personality traits, which really adds to the richness of this already gorgeous story.
And thirdly, you have a beautiful balance of sherlock's humanity and his distance, which make us want to read more just so we can observe him for another minute or two. He is such a great character to play with, and you really do him justice in this piece!
CryptoSquirrel chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Wahhhhhh D: I must admit that in my mind, Sherlock isn't sociopathic at all, but has trained himself not to feel because no one can hurt your feelings if they're not there, right? But you make a very convincing case for how he might grow up in that way. And him remembering how very abnormal it is, and poor John longing to make Sherlock not hate or worry about himself... very bittersweet and touching.

Thanks for sharing this lovely work!
TheShadowArchitect chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
it's called Alexithymia, what you're describing in Sherlock. It's a disorder that makes it difficult to interpret emotional responses on anything more than a logical, factual level. To people who have it it can sometimes feel like they don't have emotions at all, and it can be scary because you know that looking at a mangled corpse should trigger something, even when it doesn't. As a fellow Alex, I'm glad you took the time to go over this little quirk of Sherlock's, and if you haven't yet seen "A Scandal in Belgravia" there is some great scenes that illustrate Sherlock's view on it.
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Sherlock isn't heartless. He just chooses to put his heart aside when solving crimes. Of course, putting your heart aside can lead to making it hard to empathize when you need to. So it's a catch 22. Very well written one shot. TY.
Bookwormiie chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
:( really good wish it wasn't just a oneshot!