Reviews for Five Murders Never Solved, and One Which Was
Road Lizard chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Whoa...very other-end-of-the-spectrum.

Dark and graphic and mysterious and god, I love it.

Your writing style is so lovely and refreshing, though it does make me blink...often.

And beautifully written, as always.

~Ro
Musafreen chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
...I have to say, this gives me a whole new perspective on nextgen fics. But of course, cliches are cliches for good reasons. And it's even better to find a reason which continues to make them fulfill cliche criteria.

The scenes were beautifully graphic. Not just with the gore, but also with the imagery. :) And I LOVE the entire third section (because mortal-eating-ambrosia-complications). And I've already mentioned how happy the name made me. 8D It's so good to see an Indian name which actually works /and/ is uncommon in here.

I get what you meant by having explained a lot in this fic. I only had to blink a couple of times before most of the lego blocks started forming a shape. I still don't, however, know who the Nagakawa sisters are, so help me out with the last one, please? o.O
President Snow chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
This fic.

It's like one of those stories which are sad and dark an mysterious and :O and heart-wrenching with a tinge of humour, if you can call it that (Your comparisons. I luffle them.) and at times I need to read it again to follow but really, this.

It's epic. :O

And I love your description and your style of writing is just. :O

...I kinda love you for writing this. :D

Didn't see any mistakes, so kudos to you!

~Snow.
Code Purple chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
i. I like the girl who has phases of doing things. And I'm fairly certain I know which video game she was playing, you talk about it so much. :D

ii. Matthew Jackson seems kind of cool, but I think that's the hopeless romantic inside me. Or the fact that there's a shiny knife involved. My girl scout leader doesn't even trust me with scissors.

iii. I think you're trying to make them be at CHB, right? And they're taking a test?

Sorry, I'm a confused little girl. I did get that she's a child of a minor goddess, which I love. They deserve more love.

iv. I absolutely /love/ that you called Polaris by it's proper name instead of 'the northern star'.

/Picky like that/

I also like that you killed Matt. Because I kind of wanted him to die.

v. I'm not sure who Yuri is supposed to be in this. But I do like my LEGO's. :D

Anyway, I liked it.

~Gloss
Proud to be Plug chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
You're very much a sunshine-and-butterflies kinda person, aren't you, Cendi? ;-)

Well, this is rather dark, occasionally depressing, hard to follow, and very well-written. This is one of those things where I don't actually like it that much, but I definitely think it's of a high standard. It's just, personally, I'm not into this kind of thing. Nevertheless, it is very good.

Your descriptions are excellent, my favourite part about this fic. Making vivid images with words seems to be one of your strong suits. The final part was indeed confusing, but no less creepy for it.

The part with the Jackson kid and the shocked onlooker/demigod was very good. Intense and interesting.

Overall, despite the utter non-existence of Christmas cheer in this fic, you have once again done a very good job.

-ProudtobePlug
conjure-at-your-own-risk chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Though the last segment was tad confusing. I found the entire piece to made me go all evil-villain-smile.

Leave it to the spawn of a Jackson and a Chase to cause enough chaos for any monster to sniff out. :-) I also forgot about crazy it must be to be inducted in the mythological world like that.

Nothing like a nice murder to make things interesting.
keotey1228 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
i'm sorry, i'me really confused. did you make these up, or did you find these in books or something, because if there in books or something, i want to know which book or something 'iv' is in...