Reviews for Living Winchester
thatkinkygirl chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Love it :)
carlacipo chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Really well done. I like the yes sir.
Ashleyder1 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Yep I think this might be my favorite and indeed I had not reviewed...I really don't know how that happened. To make it up to you, I'll try to tell you all the really wonderful things that I liked about this story...starting with the entire premise - it was so perfect!

I can absolutely see Sam trying to be the understanding and patient Dad especially given River's background. It makes sense that, with the issues he had with John, he would want to attempt to integrate River into the family as gently as possible. His permissiveness at the beginning is just what I would expect.

One of my favorite lines from the story:

"Hell, yeah. Have you met your father? Oh yeah, that's right…not really."

And of course the follow-up that sets the stage for the entire story:

"You barely live here. Sitting on your bed listening to your iPod is not living Winchester. Trust me."

Loved that initial interaction between cousins. Dean taking River to task in the kitchen was just so right and in character and I loved this part:

"Dude! Were you raised in a barn!" ..."No a commune. And a bus."

I liked the reminders that River is sullen and angsty (and even lazy) for a reason, that being he was raised that way. You did a great job of portraying the insecurity Sunshine introduced into River's life and the affect that had on him. Nice provision of motivation. Loved how Sam presented the news that River would be staying and the banter between the two. Sam was so in character, but what a dicotomy between what Sam would put up with from Jamie and what he took from his own son, but totally believable because he knew his son hadn't been raised "Winchester." I can so see Sam trying to be "fair and balanced."

River's plan was quite ingenious! Not so his back peddling when he got caught!

"And you brought your duffle with you. How very boy scout of you to be so prepared." LOL

Just wanted to cheer at this line:

"No…I know so."

Yes, meet the REAL Sam Winchester! Well, soon at least. So funny how River tried to get around him only to be exasperated. Excellent job on this scene - I could picture it so well. BUT OOOH! When he kicked Sam - yikes!

"But instead his father pulled him in closer and stood breathing deeply, in through the nose, out through the mouth like he was some kind of new age freak that his mother would have happily meditated with."

Good description there! Great how River went from "not going to put up with it..." to "Holy Mary, Jesus, Joseph, and Buddah too." Again just some exceptional descriptors through this entire scene. Oh and I really liked Sam's "Absofuckinlutely," response. Thought that Sam upping the ante for the kick was just right as was this line: "Nut bashing is for bad guys, not your family and certainly not your father."

The following comfort was perfect as well. I just loved that "I got ya, River," as well as the, "it felt like home," piece. You couldn't have ended it any better. Now he's living Winchester! This was an outstanding story. Sorry I didn't review it sooner!
gaben chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
You have a great ability to create humour and agnst . Great story humourous and moving. Rivers needs are really that simple after the turmoil of his early life. Plausible insight, fun canon characters. Again good pacey story... Loved the crack about but crunching . Great contemporary analogies too.
browneyedchic chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Ahhh, I'm read this story so many times. So good! Great job!
wandamarie chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
wow great work
bonanzabooks chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Awesome story! Great transition into River becoming part of the family.
Emelada chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
You have an amazing gift. I LOVE to see people use their God given talents, singing, teaching, writing, athletics, etc. I have 5 amazing children and pushed each to develop their gift.
memphis-heat123 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Another amazing story, I;m glad that River now has a stable home. very well written
Sierra Rose 22 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Oops I guess I forgot to review this one. Loved the title and how you used it throughout the story...great as always. I guess River is slowly "living Windchester" and I think he is quite happy now that he has a family. Another fun and enjoyable story! Love your writing!
TRUMAN'S SHELL chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
You know I feel for River. It isn't easy living Winchester. I also feel for Sam for not knowing all of those years about his son. As always, I enjoyed your story and can't wait for the next one. Happy New Year :)
ohgravitysonfire chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
this made me smile wide. i gotta say all the stuff you've written that i've read and i swear this is my favorite River story. the camaraderie with Jamie at the end & John telling them to quiet down is just so spot on and perfect! I love it to bits :D
BorealOwl chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This story made me smile. The commentary on River's part about his family was priceless. Although it does make me wonder, how do the guys stay in shape now that they are adults and always so busy...but I digress. When will Riv start to take part in the family rituals? He is going to freak when he finds out what they do.

I like that Sam has stepped it up and taken on the job of father to Riv. I am also glad that Riv has Jamie. They can commiserate together, although, Riv doesn't seem to understand that Jamie faces the same Winchester consequences that Riv faces. So, Riv has answered to John and Sam, will Dean be far behind? LOLOLOL
MissGuenever chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Another fab story! I love River and the different upbringing that he's had. I hope we hear more about the bus and the commune.
little miss mysterious chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
definitely happy i'm not a Winchester. i can hardly deal with my family. I wonder what river would be like when he is like, 17... o.O