Reviews for What Happened Last Night
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I loved how you started this. Frost on the window :) It was the calm before the storm n_n Rabastan worrying about being caught and then reading Rod's explanation: You're a Pureblood. I'm a Pureblood. Nothing wrong! Excellent! Reasoning like Lycoris :) Then his answer, reminds me at first a little of Arc, reasoning but then just like Arc and Ly they accepted it and Rab should accept this! The last sentence was awesome, made me smile. I'm loving these Rod/Rab Drabbles, why didn't I read them before!?

Much love!

C.G.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Believability: 5/5. You explained the situation extremely well, and really showed why the Lestrange brothers ended up in bed together. Quite realistic - as you mentioned, they're both pureblood, and you also showed a little of Rabastan's desire at the very end, proving that he was attracted to his brother and being drunk only enhanced it.

Characterization: 4/5. I think, for such minor characters, you portrayed Rodolphus and Rabastan very well. I think with Rodolphus, you can kind of see a little of the darkness and evil creeping in him already, in his sinister laugh at one point and his smirking amusement about the whole situation that obviously disturbs Rabastan. I can kind of see why he ended up a Death Eater. Rabastan I'm not so sure about, though...I don't see as much how Rabastan could have ended up bad, as he doesn't seem to be that bad of a person in here.

Spelling/Grammar: 5/5. I saw no mistakes whatsoever.

Enjoyment: 4/5. You did a really good job on this; it was written very well, and flowed excellently also. I think there could have been a tad more description to balance out the dialogue, but I still really liked it.

General Comments: Nice job on this, and I was so glad to see that you spelled Rodolphus right, lol...everybody gets it wrong, it seems. Anyway, as I said, it was written well, and you did a good job.

Your Score: 18/20
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
This reminded me of another Rodolphus/Rabastan you wrote. Poppies, I think it was called? Anyway, the roles seem to be reversed in this, which was nice.

I love the characterization of Rodolphus. He's just so suave, and seems to come up with all the right reasons when Rabastan questions him. The whole bit about their parents not caring because they were both Purebloods was an extremely valid point. I also liked how it was one of the first things that came up - Rabastan was almost more worried about having sex with a halfblood or muggleborn than he was worried about it with another male, or even his brother! The wizarding world seems like a strange place.

But again, I liked the ending, with Rabastan realizing that he really couldn't say no to Rodolphus and that his excuse of drunkenness didn't really matter. Very dark, but good :)
wynnebat chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Rab's a sweetheart-so adorably confused and moral and regretful and in denial. Great story!
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
You're mad! I...I..Rod..Rab...

Speechless, I'm afraid. Love the writing, especially the last couple of lines, but the subject matter left me speechless...
OCDdegrassi chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Interesting. I really like how you made Rabastan morally confused about the incest, and then Rodolphus line of "we're both purebloods." That was a pretty relavant idea in the books! I didn't see any grammar mistakes either. Good job!
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Interesting one-shot. I really liked the beginning:

"There was frost on the window.

That was the first thing Rabastan noticed of when he opened his eyes – that there was frost on the window – and he noticed it because never in his life had the window in his bedroom frosted over. It was too close to the ever-burning fire in the fireplace."

It was intriguing, and yet that sort of thought process seemed very realistic.