Reviews for He Sleeps Under the Hill Book II
Dobraine chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
AH! So excited to finally meet Tro! or N'aethan! He is a genuinely interesting character and he was totally worth the wait. I see a few things set up already. Am excited to learn more about Tro's brothers, and will we see one in the coming chapters? Turned, perhaps? And one of the four other gholams?

There is, as usual too much to comment on, but overall, your dialogue is fun and interesting, the story arc is long, but exciting and well developed.

One thing I am very intrigued by and am interested to see how you resolve this stress. Obviously, you are pacing this book along with the events that occur in the canon. And your glimpses off screen are truly enjoyable, but as you build up the danger these middling Aes Sedai and the Shieldman face, it will become increasingly hard to do so without altering the canon. It's a neat stress, and I will read on voraciously!
Sassla chapter 5 . 4/17/2013
Very enjoyable! Looking forward to book III with Glee
Dave chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Although I will say that you took way way way to long to the point of the story, namely naythans awakening, which is why more people aren't reading this. I read the first chapters of Book 1 and gave up on it because it got to be so boring, never bothered to read the rest and skipped to Book 2.
Dave chapter 5 . 11/22/2012
I've really enjoyed this story so far, the writing is excellent and I love how it flows in tandem with the books. Please keep it up!
chibimin chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
Most delightful. I really like historical Wheel of Time events. How do you find time to write these things so well?
BloodDrunk chapter 4 . 10/4/2012
I liked it. It looks like Arachnae has a mini bowl of the winds. In the next chapter/book will rewind to show the battle from lightborns perspective? To show what happened and how they got out and what that self destruct thing was? Anyway, thanks for the distraction.
Haley1144 chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
Every time I see an update from you, I'm thrilled. I agree with the observation that your style is more "tongue-in-cheek" than Robert Jordan's, but the way you so thoroughly inhabit his world is remarkable. I do not find the romance between Naethan and Ellythia forced-quite the contrary, in fact. I was squealing and clapping at the close of this chapter, until Cohradin's rude interruption. Said reaction was quite undignified, let me tell you. In sum, this slice of the Wheel World that you've animated hits all of the notes that should be hit: It's got heart, detail, compelling characters, and a meticulous attention to the evolution of culture, technology, and linguistics from the Age of Legends to the Third Age. Bravo!
DarkBlade the Damned chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
This is a very remarkable story.

I cannot understand, given all the hard work you have put into it and its substantial length, why you have so few reviews for what is an exceptional and enjoyable work.

I thoroughly enjoyed the premise and the original characters you have introduced are all interesting and a joy to read.

I think you have captured the feel of Robert Jordans world very well, although the style with which you write it is more tounge in cheek than his own.

Only complaint is that if anything it is too long in parts. A great deal seems to happen without advancing the main plot.

That said thank you for a very enjoyable and interesting read and I look foreward to seeing more in the future.
West-Wanderer chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
It is good to see another chapter. Coladan’s new eye was well written – I wonder if he will figure out what the rangefinder is. It probably wouldn’t give him much advantage if he knew what it was, though.

I almost cried when you killed off Tevin. He was a good character.

I enjoyed seeing how the sages of the horn were getting their information –rather unique and humorous.
But Ellythia Sedai seemed out of character in this chapter, which rather spoilt the chapter for me. She’s my favorite character. Her romance with Naythan felt rather forced, except for the last scene. There needed to be a “quiet moment” like that between the two of them earlier in the chapter.

But, this is still a good chapter, if a little short of your usual ultra-ultra good writing.

Looking forward to seasick Aiel next chapter!
chibimin chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
Hello, master Gleeman, you do great honour to your name. I really like your stories, especially the historical ones. I might or might not have borrowed a thing or two from you, namely some Aes Sedai customs. In case this offends you, let me know and I'll give credit where it is due.
Arhu chapter 2 . 4/15/2012
I am Eagerly Awaiting the next chapter.
syed chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
Soon the whole Gang will be united, and have an epic battle.

Any one else think at one point out golden boy will be holding a pass all by himself against the forces of darkness.

Trollocs are only controlable as long as their fade lives. SO he will be jumping about dealing with the main mass, while the sisters circled will eliminate fades.

Wicked story, I hope the next chappie is soon.
Thorondor chapter 2 . 4/8/2012
Another grand, glorious, excellent chapter- I very much enjoyed it.

Though Jabal would probably not put a leather handle on his sword. Sailors for centuries have have used knotwork to make handles on almost everything.
West-Wanderer chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
Another good chapter. And you did an excellent job on foreshadowing. I'm wondering-what was the third item Renn found on Conaia Sedai's body? Why was that villanous Kirikil looking for a second stasis box? Guess I’ll have to wait for the next chapter!

The Riverpike/Rivershark is apparently headed for something. After all, a Sea-folk built vessel in the harbor would certanly have been remarked upon during the sedge of tar valon by the forces of the rebel tower.

One problem however- I have always assumed that Draghkar rode on a vortex created by their wings – they do not have the wing volume for true flying, by all descriptions. But this would mean they could not operate in any sort of close proximity, especially not at high altitudes. Operating with the extra weight of a villian and her conveyance, while in this proximity would probably prove impossible, without the high altitude factors thrown in.

but, my physics-student nitpicking aside, I greatly enjoyed this chapter.
madmuo chapter 1 . 3/16/2012