Reviews for War in Tokyo
psychoticdrow chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Great story so far, I recognize where most of the characters are pulled from, but not the Billy Goats Gruff group, are they OCs or from some more obscure series that I haven't come across yet? Either way, I'm a fan of all your work that I've had the opportunity to read, keep on writing and updating.
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
I am now officially a fan of these dragons of yours. One note- the bit about the Michigan State Militia seems a little out-of-context. Are they going to be recurring characters? If not, it might be best to remove them, as they distract from the otherwise important cast. 4/5.
Rexnos chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
This story has left me intensely confused. It's not because it's poorly written or anything of the sort. It's simply because you've pulled out so many different worlds that I've completely lost it. The only ones I really recognize were Ranma and Sailor Moon. As far as I can tell, there's also a heap of extremely realistic military references. I got a kick out of the CIWS.

Anyway, even if I don't recognize the fandoms each character has come from, I'm totally getting a kick out of the story. It's doing the exact thing I like in my fan fiction; adding a huge dose of realism to an otherwise fantasy driven world. I don't know that I've ever read too many stories with that premise that have been bad. It takes a good writer to utterly shift the tone of a work. On that note, you've just done it for around ten fandoms at once. That's impressive.

In any case, it's a heck of a lot of fun so far. I'm not sure just where you're going with this craziness, but I'll be there every step of the way. I guess the Moon villains are going to be the primary baddies, and they're going to be more threatening than normal since the sailors haven't found all the deus ex machina yet? I'm game if it means Ranma and other overpowered characters in underpowered fandoms really get to open up.

Later,

Rex
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
This... Is AWESOME.

Especially Ranma's moment of AWESOME. That... Is EXACTLY how he should fight when he stops pulling his punches. Look up the Eldritch Asylum Wiki for some pretty nice, rather scientifically calculated numbers on his physical stats. In particular, the sheer power it takes to do something as "simple" as jumping a couple of floors straight up, or punch a rock into smithereens.
Vixen2 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Hmmmm interesting, dark and Kuno's delusions are going to have a field day with this. Looking forward to the next update, and thank god your planning to finish it as there's too many abandoned fics floating around my hard drive as it is. So in the next few months we can see what happens. Particularly interested since this is only the second fic I've found with the dark kingdom launching a full scale invasion. As for Kunzite having one of the generals killed so easily should really bother Beryl since as I recall at this stage it was a matter of . . .

Jaedite

Frozen in eternal crystal for failure right before he could reveal he'd discovered the Senshi's identity.

Nephrite

Spent so long as a human he started to recover his humanity and sacrified himself for Usagi's friend being killed by Kunzite for said betryal.

Meaning none of them had actually fallen to enemy action yet and the first one was killed by a "normal" human with ease. I wonder if that will affect his turning into a stone and winding up on Mamoru's desk?

Ah well we'll see I guess. I'm really curious if the non-canon deaths (Usagi's mother, Akane, ETC) are going to carry on or if this invasion will be reset with the silver crystal like Usagi did in the original series bringing the scouts back to life after they were killed by Beryl's elite guard? An where is that dragon from anyway?
bakapervert chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Interesting story.
Greydon Creed chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Has there ever been a confirmed kill on any of the Dark Generals (are they are biologicals/alive and not youma?) in canon? If not, this is going to get Beryl's attention like nothing else. And Ranma will be more than happy to meet with her, considering what happened to Akane.

Kickass story start, look forward to more.
mir chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Not bad, having so many characters does tend to muddle things though.
karthik9 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
HOT DAMN chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
"..I killed a god!"

I shat myself.

Fucking hell, Ranma is scary.
lordamnesia chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Oh, oh WOW. Seriously, freaking amazing, you have tied at least 3 major manga/anime's together, along with a handful of smaller stories, and done it SPECTACULARLY! Seriously, you got all of the insanity right, and threw in a talking DRAGON! Ranma in full rage is spectacular, the inner Senshi are like they are supposed to be (for all their experience, nobody they have known has permanently died, good has always won, and they are 14 year old girls who just want to go on dates with cute guys and pass junior high), and that dragon is freaking awesome (I don't know if it is something you came up with, or you stole it from somewhere). I cannot wait for Ranma to get into the thick of things, especially meet up with the other powerhouses, the Senshi. Full complement of Nerima Wrecking crew, Arm Slaves, and the Senshi with a WAR DRAGON! Beryl is going to shit herself.

On another note, the speech Ranma game the Dark General? Gave me freaking shivers! So awesome!
K0tar chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
absolutely wonderful. one of the best stories i've read on here. considering i've been reading a bunch of sub standard fics recently though... but yeah i absolutely love this. you wrote this like you actually cared about how people would read this.

i did kind of wonder why barel (excuse me if i write her name incorrectly) wouldn't have sent in all of her forces earlier. something about energy constraints or some such nonsense. and the idea of bullets actually working is nice. most fics the bullets either just pass through them or it takes something like a point blank shot from a tank to take them out. really nice touch with Ranma popping that guys head off. absolutely loved that part, i was giddy with excitement. hope you get another chapter out soon. don't rush though, the level of work you put into this makes the wait worth it.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
very very good work
warslick chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I have to sat that this has the start of becoming one of my favorite stories. So far I have to say that this seems very believable in how the characters would respond to the situation at hand. Having the Youma be able to be damaged by sheer firepower from normal weapons is something I have not seen but is how I think it should be.

I can not wait to see where you take this stories in future chapters and how Ranma and Usagi will deal with what has happened.
Faoron chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Okay. Other than an indubitable "wow" the only thing I really have to say to fully state my thoughts is "more, please".
67 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »