Reviews for In The Days of Auld Lang Syne
Antheia Gwynn chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
Ok. So. Usually I don't like writing reviews - (which seems quite mean I guess; I know reviews are regarded as inspiration to write by quite a lot of authors) mainly because I sound stupid when I write them and usually I'm just saying that I like the story which - if the story's good - a load of people have usually said before.

Anyway. Thank you. Thank you for this piece of work (and all your other Hetalia pieces about the British Isles) - I found it amazing and heart-touching at times (scratch that, pretty much all the time). I'm from the British Isles, and it makes me sad that there aren't more works involving those siblings (and you included Cornwall which completely made my day - or night 'cause it's nearly half 2 in the morning over here). Your writing is extremely well-written, and you capture the relationships between everybody really well in my (extremelyhumbleanyideasofeverwritingastoryaredest royednowIhavereadthis) opinion, and made it historically accurate (from what I can tell because history never was my strongest point) and I much prefer it when any type of story's accurate.
And yes, you also made me cry. Either take that as a compliment to your writing skills or be ashamed that you made one of your readers cry ;)

I shall leave this here then. Thank you so much for the fantastic pieces of work and although you've probably lost interest in these stories now, I am begging you on metorphorical knees - please continue the multi-chaptered fics. These are only the second lot of good British Isles pieces I've come across and I think they all deserve more recognition than they have right now. (If I ever get any of my friends into Hetalia, I will point them to here).
Thank you again.

P.S This goes to all your British Isles and Co. fanfics. I'm on my iPod, it's now 20 to three in the morning and I'm tired - mainly from reading these. Therefore, I really can't be bothered to repeat this for each one even if it does apply. Call me lazy - 'tis true. :)

P.P.S I'll probably read your other fics tomorrow but for now goodbye and goodnight (I bet you're finally glad I'm going ;) )
wilkiswilk chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This is really interesting!

It isn't often that we get to see some well-developed OC countries (I've been dying to see Portugal, and oh America/Portugal/England sounds awesome!), and yours really exceeded my expectations :) I really like this story so far, please continue it
msdgl chapter 2 . 1/28/2012
Yay! New chapter. I was really excited to see it in my inbox after classes. I have to say your writing is unique and innovate; I enjoy reading it. Gah, you make me feel bad for the countries, especially England, Wales, and Ireland. Poor nations, falling in love with people they know they shouldn't fall in love with. I'm now interested in reading a WalesMary Tudor story because we all know how that's going to end up.

Oh gee...Wales fell in love with Austria when he didn't realize it was him. Ouch. It hasn't fallen out of love with him yet.

Hong Kong. Kugel. North Ireland. Sealand. Just win. Ha. Hong Kong didn't want to be in charge, so it's up to N. Ireland!

Ok. America is a bit perspective when he wants to be doesn't see that England doesn't hate him, he's just hurt. And I like Portugal's name! It's very pretty. Oh Al. It was sad to see England go to Portugal's; it was just sad, the entire atmosphere and him turning away. You've captured the characters in a very sober mood; I like it.

I'm not good at giving a solid review, but I really do like it. And this chapter made my day! Yay!
msdgl chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Ga-ga-gasp! I happened to be traveling on my way on your profile, and I happened to see that there were some new stories up! I was all happy and stuff! Woo-hoo, New Year update!

I have to say, this story is looking promising. Canada and Prussia too? I love that Prussia came to Canada's house just to have some of his famous syrup. It's adorable in that Prussia way. Also, he's vague about his feelings towards Canada too, and Canada doesn't know how to take them. He would take them, if he knew, but the ex-nation is sending mixed messages.

**Now you are on my story alert list!*

Oh gosh, you're bringing in the micronations and other countries in the relationship upgrade thing? Having Sealand and Kugel as friends, I find his human name really cute, is just great! I think they would be great friends anyways; Peter would be the hero, and Tobias would be his lancer. I can guess who Tobias' crush might be.

Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and England. Oh gosh, they have some screwed up relationships, but I do fancy the idea of America and Portugal. How long that will last? I don't know. I do know I'm looking forward to the rest of this story!

I hope your New Years was grrrrrreat! :D