Reviews for Sideways
Sinceslicedbread chapter 5 . 57m
Anyone whose anyone knows the afterparty, is always soooooooooooo much better haha.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 3 . 11/26
Why oh why is Blaine Anderson feeling so sick...since the unexpected arrival of Kurt Hummel?
Answers on a postcard please (I know, how retro).
Sinceslicedbread chapter 1 . 11/24
I think I'm going to like this. A lot.
Why does your story always make me cry? I swear, the first time I read it there were mega tears, and then the second time, even the times I read just one chapter! I'm reading it again now and a tear is rolling down my face as I type. No lie. Anyway, thank you for writing such an amazing story. And I hardly ever cry at stories or movies so good job.
I'm sorry this is so late but I just read finished reading your story, and now I'm sorry I didn't read it sooner. It was so beautiful and it made me cry like 8 times. And I hardly ever cry! You are a great writer. Please never stop writing Klaine fanfics cause you are great at them.
story is progressing to fast it seams like your already half way through
I love this FanFiction You should try to turn this into a book but you know change the names and stuff. A book about a young closet teenage boy trying to find himself in a world telling him to be someone else a lot of people would related to that it might help a lot of people and your amazing writer
bookinlovinclosetnerd chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Spoiler alert to anyone reading this who hasn't read the whole story.

Ok. So I don't review often, and I probably should, considering the embarrassing amount of fanfiction I read. I guess most stories don't really affect me that much. But I'm reviewing this because it got me hooked. I read it every day instead of doing other, more important things I should have been doing. It stuck with me and made me think about it when I wasn't reading it. I've never read a Blaine coming out or popular!Blaine fic that was this realistic. The way you portrayed him and his motivations at the beginning were spot on. In school, I was always on the receiving end of bullying, but I felt like you were really getting inside the mind of a bully and exploring why a good person might do something like that. it made me think about the bullies in my life a different way. So bravo on the beginning through the middle of this.

That said, there were a lot of issues, and I honestly skimmed through the last 5 chapters or so because I just couldn't read it anymore.

First of all, there were a lot of grammar, spelling, and style issues, although I guess I've never read a fanfiction that didn't have those types of problems. If you ever want someone to edit for grammar for you, I might do it if I have the time. I hate seeing a good story suffer for poor grammar. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh.

Second, I felt like after Blaine came out you hit some writer's block, or something, because for the rest of the story they seemed to do nothing but break up for no reason and then get back together. It was worse than Finchell. Then there was Blaine professing his undying love for Kurt with increasingly saccharine declarations of devotion. Oh, and tears. Jesus, did someone who claimed not to cry easily suddenly become over-run with tears. And there was some sex to break up the monotony of break up, get back together, snivel and cry. That's what the story turned into - I can't be with you, I love you, sob sob, sex. Over and over. I just kept thinking to myself, why does the first conversation they have about Kurt going to New York end in a break up? They don't even talk about Blaine moving with him? They don't have that conversation until right before he leaves? Why would they break up before school's even over? Does summer vacation not exist in this universe? And neither one of them considers even TRYING a long distance relationship? What?

Long story short, I think it boils down to trying to create a conflict where you had run out of conflict. You probably should have just wrapped it up after Blaine came out. Or maybe they could have tried a long distance relationship for a while, and you could have explored the difficulties of that a bit before Blaine inevitably moves to New York.

Oh, there is one last thing, but this is minor in comparison to my issues with the ending. I was really disappointed in Puck. I thought he was really OOC in this. Puck is misguided, but deep down he's a good guy. I would have liked to see him come around and support Blaine in the end. And his having issues with Blaine while at the same time having a gay cousin he seems to be close to made exactly no sense. You even point that out in the story, but Puck's point of view was never really adequately explained on that point. It was this glaring plot hole to me from the moment you introduced Kenny.

Ok, that's the end of my mini-rant. I hope you can file this away under "constructive criticism." Like I said above, if I straight up thought it sucked I wouldn't have even bothered to review at all. I liked a lot of things about it.
A chapter 37 . 10/12/2014
Liked it a lot and couldn't stop myself from reading it!
I read it on "Scarves & coffee" but as I couldn't post any review in there and that I NEEDED and HAD to post one - so that you know your fanfiction is beyond amazing - here I am! (probably being really original, I know)
I just wanted to say: CONGRATS, this is probably one of the best fanfiction I read about Klaine, 'till now.
A really beautiful one.
I felt every feelings I could feel while reading it, and that's probably the first time I find the reading that much strong and even hard to handle for some CRAZY chapter.
AWESOME. Too many feelings for my little heart sometimes, but still awesome!
Never give up on writing, you're more than good at it!

CocaCola98 chapter 37 . 10/5/2014
This was the BEST Klaine fanfic story I've ever read. You're an amazing writer and I loved this story! Thank you for the awesome read, I can't wait to read the sequel :)
jp chapter 35 . 9/29/2014
Why is my chest tightening up and I'm crying here? I feel like he left me! You are a great story teller!
jp chapter 33 . 9/29/2014
Why couldn't Blaine go to NY? Hundreds of schools there...they could have gotten an apartment while Blaine figure out what he wanted to go to school for. Since Blaine does have dad's credit card and his own money...where's the problem?
jp chapter 30 . 9/29/2014
Blaines a straight A student...why not college? I cannot see Blaine not going to a good school.
jp chapter 27 . 9/29/2014
I love the way you write Blaine!
jp chapter 21 . 9/29/2014
I love this story so much. You writes so well!
1,646 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »