Reviews for Another New Year's Eve
Of Stories and Songs chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
If you don't mind, I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that this actually happened on-screen. You have a way of writing pieces that might as well have happened, for how accurate and in-character they are.
tinyinara chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Aww, lovely :)
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
soooo glad they came to celebrate together! that's how it should be!
mam711 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Nice. I like that it's not too easy to repair the friendship, but it's doable.
WynonaRose chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Excellent. Wonderful little story. I like your solution a lot!

Do another one!
twilightmecrazii chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Loved it amazing
joy2190 chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Hoping this month's episode gets them back on track like this!
Evesgreenleaf chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Love your story and agree with your sentiment
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
This was a magnificent, extremely well-written story with believable and loveably characters and a setting that is both hopeful and realistic enough to appear possible. I adored the fact to bits and pieces how El, Peter and Neal reflected on what went down; yet, couldn't help but also realize that their lives were incomplete and less delightful without their favourite conman in the middle of things.

Plus, for all his flaws and faults, you certainly would be ill-advised to trust Neal to not loot an art gallery when the alarm-system went down for half an hour but when it counts, when you are in trouble or danger, you definitely couldn't wish for a better or more loyal friend!

And since both Peter AND Neal are "hell"-bent to repair what was broken because both of them know it's more than worth it, I don't doubt for one second that they are coming out on top of it and their friendship will be the stronger for the crises they weathered... until the next crisis that is. (I swear, these two are like a perpetuum mobile!)

Furthermore, I'm sure Neal and Mozzie's relationship will mend as well. Of course I can understand that Moz is a bit miffed and disappointed for Neal choosing his life in NY over Mozzie and the final score but I think deep down Moz realizes that it was an impossible and cruel choice to begin with. Their practically decade-long partnership and friedship is stronger than this. And we know Mozzie has a heart of gold and is one of the few persons who really cares about Neal!

Happy New Year to you too!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
What a most terrific New Year's story!

This was superbly written, well thoughtout and everything heart-warming and on its way to getting better I could hope for in the aftermath of El's kidnapping.

As bleak as Neal's turn of the year seemed at the beginning - what with even Mozzie and June being away -, Elisabeth and Peter really did a marvellous job of brightening his night then and there by showing up with a bottle of Champagne and the deep-felt wish to make things alright again between them all.

They all seem to know how mending their relationship will take time (and effort), yet their willing to get past what happened and see the silver lining on the horizon is certainly a step in the right direction.

It was such a great idea to bring up the framed, too-cute-for-words picture of Peter and Neal in their tuxedoes as the first step when the Burkes were sitting at home and thinking that someone was missing (after all, Neal has been with them for quite some time already at this point).

Plus, of course they are right stating that, beside all the bad which somehow seems to follow Neal, he did bring a LOT of good to them as well, and helped each one of them out of tight spots time and again.

Not that the same weren't true for Peter and El helping Neal more often than the former conman would care to admit.

Thank you so much for this lovely story - and have a wonderful New Year as well, Rainey!

BTW, did I ever mention how much I adore your avi picture?
govgal chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Great story. It's going to be really interesting to see how this chaos is resolved!
shrutip chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! LOVE it! I really hope something like this happens on the show!
Post U Later chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Fix The Bromance! I Agree! I Can't Wait For The Next Season On The 17th! XD
Love82 chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Such a lovely story. I too like the concept of focusing on the good instead of the bad. Starting fresh. I loved them remembering stuff from the past too.
Miss MaryAnn chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This story was very moving, filled with pathos and reconciliatiion. I really liked it, you have an awesome writing style.