Reviews for Hostage
wotumba1 chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
it sure takes some heat off that he left don alive, wouldn't want to be hunted by the fbi for murdering one of their own...

great story!
wotumba1 chapter 2 . 2/14/2012
poor don, not being able to talk parker out of doing something stupid
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
wow, intense beginning!

great first chapter!
tlh45 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Just read all four chapters...I enjoyed the story and thought it was very well written. With Parker getting away, who knows maybe there will be a sequel.
Sharon chapter 4 . 1/7/2012
I like the fact Parker got away. It makes the story that much more believeable because sometimes the bad guys do get away. The most important thing is that you didn't break Don too badly and he ended up with beer. After a day like that, he could use a six-pack. Strictly for medical reasons, of course!

I hope you post something again soon!
Cissyaliza chapter 4 . 1/7/2012
I like this end as I like all this fic (and all your fics).

You're right: it isn't to Parker's advantage to take Don with him any further and he hadn't reasons to kill him, so I think this end is just the one which goes with your story.

Thanks for that.
notsing chapter 4 . 1/6/2012
Sorry I haven't reviewed before now. Some how I missed seeing you had updated! Thanks so much for a fun story. Parker obviously is smart enough to know killing a LEO is really stupid. I'm glad Don gets to have a nice cold beer after all that! Thanks for posting!
Writer With Sprite chapter 4 . 1/6/2012
Poor Don. A great work that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Writer With Sprite chapter 3 . 1/6/2012
Poor, poor Don!
Writer With Sprite chapter 2 . 1/6/2012
Parker returned a minute later, a glass of water in his spare hand. At Don's raised eyebrow he stood back a moment. "Look, I'm not much of a fan of cops, or feds, but your being in this mess isn't your fault. You gave me the chance I needed, and a gun, so I'm good with giving you some water for your throat."

Awww how 'nice'.
Writer With Sprite chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Poor, poor, poor, mute Don.
baseballfan44 chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Oh, Parker got away. hmm. Interesting.

I'm glad he stayed true to his word and let Don go, although it seemed scary there for a moment.

Thanks so much for writing this! I hope to see more from you soon.
fighttowin1 chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Such intense suspense! Loved it! Him getting to run away into the woods as Parker 'ran away' with his vehicle was the perfect ending to their confrontation. It doesn't happen very often that Don would run away from anyone, but it was perfect in this situation.

This was left with a perfect opening for a continuation of the story should you ever choose to. ;-0 You'd have a very willing audience for it...hint hint, *wink*wink* ;-)

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story! I hope that you continue to write, as we are blessed to have you writing for Numb3rs!
fighttowin1 chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
"Will they have isolated your phone yet?"

This question seems to indicate that he is far more familiar with these types of situations than one should be, I'm curious to find out just Parker was into.

Taking the opportunity Don slid his feet into a comfortable pair of old sneakers he'd left by the door for his occasional run.

I love your attention to detail here..as he wouldn't have anything on his feet and him not knowing what was in store for him shoes could be a necessity. :-)

Also, how Parker handled the entire escape from Don's appartment, screamed of experience, he knew enough to be prepared for possible interventions from police with the elevator. He didn't have much time for thinking and planning while in Don's appartment, so he must have played through scenarios like this in his head before.

Don took a deep breath as they descended and Parker briefly backed off. He wasn't sure what they were going to find as they reached the basement. The police would naturally be expecting the elevator to stop on the ground floor but had they made any contingency plans? Would they be waiting on the floors either side or had they even pressed the call button on the ground floor to ensure the elevator did stop there? There was just no way of knowing until they got there. The increasing tension as the floor numbers counted down made him twist his wrists against the restraints around them, serving only to increase his frustration. As they reached the third floor Parker reached for him, pulling him around and taking up his position behind him again, ready to face off with any waiting police. As the lights counted down the tension increased until they stopped at "B". Don felt Parker relax slightly as the elevator car stopped.

Loved this nice little breather here, in between all the action. ;-)

My favorite line in this chapter though is: The increasing tension as the floor numbers counted down made him twist his wrists against the restraints around them, serving only to increase his frustration.

Thank you for the story! I'm sad though that it is almost over.
fighttowin1 chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
Don not being able to speak adds a very dynamic touch to the scenerio. ;-0 As frustrated as Don is not being able to talk, he is still able to communicate, and fortunately for him I think that it might actually help him here to not be able to talk..as he is less likely to antagonise Parker into being more violent with him.

I really like this line: A glass of water did not a good guy make, not with everything else he was doing.

Thank you!