Reviews for A Golden Rose
Loca8892 chapter 4 . 7/24/2015
So I do realize that the story is complete but I still feel like you will of appreciate reviews every other chapter, so yeah :D
I do like what you're doing with Rose so far :P
Loca8892 chapter 3 . 7/24/2015
Haha omg I feel like I just stated what you wrote, regarding Rose and River XD
Well then I'm glad that you have put to rest my fears :)
Loca8892 chapter 2 . 7/24/2015
I do very much like this idea, however I hope that Rose doesn't completely copy River. I love Rose as Rose so we'll see. I like River's character a lot, but my OTP is Rose and the Doctor so I wasn't fond of River's connection with the Doctor...anyway rant over lol
Loca8892 chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
Well this is different to what most stories are. Can't wait to see where this goes :)
AmeliaJane14 chapter 88 . 7/19/2015
My heart literally snapped in two. I need a sequel even though you aren't writing one! Argggggghhhgahahgahh!
AmeliaJane14 chapter 13 . 6/17/2015
That was a very suave enterence for ten!
TheMorriganWritesAgain chapter 88 . 6/11/2015
This was awesome! Completely fantastic! Thank you so much for writing this! Beyond fabulous! I loved reading it!
CC
Priya-chan chapter 88 . 6/1/2015
Oh. My. God. This fic was totally epic. I love the fresh red characterizations. I love how everyone behaved in a believable manner at all times. I love all the links and relationships. I especially loved all the angst and how the characters worked through it.

There were many points at which I cried - too many to name actually. But the one point which caught me out of the blue and made me sob like a baby was Eleven's last line. I kept rereading it because something about it captured my attention. Then it occurred to me. Eleven called her his Rose. He finally called her his. I felt that that was a huge and beautifully subtle sign of character development, and in all respects was a lovely note to go out on. It was the beginning and the ending.

Congratulations on a highly successful fic. It is memorable.
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 29 . 5/24/2015
i can't wait to read the rest of this!
Whofan14 chapter 19 . 5/23/2015
I would never have guessed that you hated this episode. You managed to right your version of events almost perfectly with the episode, better than previously in fact.
Whofan14 chapter 6 . 5/23/2015
No Adam? Thank GOD. I hated that guy.
FaeLii chapter 88 . 5/14/2015
Woah. I find myself needin to revise my last review from somewhere around chapter 38ish. The fist half was rather abrupt cannon plot wise, and made it hard to read, but the complexity you put into this (and how you kept up with the Rose and River timelines boggles my mind) was phenomenal. Awesome. Wouldn't mind a few follow up stories just to see Rose getting settled in, nothing huge, maybe just a few interconnected one shots and the wedding. :D gonna go check for those in the morning, maybe I'll be lucky and you'll have written them already. :)
FaeLii chapter 26 . 5/12/2015
I really like this story but a few things about it bug me a bit and before I head further I felt the need to drop a note just to get it out of my system. First of all, while I can tell from the chapter count that this is going to span quite a few series', the amount of abbreviating you do to each episode makes them a bit underwhelming. It's like if I were to try to tell the story of the three little pigs by saying "A wolf wanted to eat these three little pigs. He blew down the first pigs house, who ran to the next pigs house. He blew down that pigs house and..." Etc... All the main story points are there and it is technically accurate, but it's just not quite the version I want to hear, even if my mom has read me the story twenty times already.

I do realize that fully extending every single episode would make for a horribly long story (although I read 100,000 words in about one night so... XD ) but I feel the episodes which contain major cannon story elements (series finale episodes, many of the two part episodes or episodes where major character development occurs) could be stretched out a good deal while those that are less important in both cannon and your story might be shortened quite a bit. Fear Her wasn't really a well received episode, as well as some others.

I appreciate your story line a LOT, but the way it is presented kind of leaves me just skimming through to catch what you have changed and waiting for the big reveal of Rose's mystery.

And... I feel like this review has been one big long bash which was not my intent at all. I guess the long and short of what I was getting at was maybe don't feel compelled to stick to the one episodeone chapter formula. I would probably even be good with this being broken into multiple stories, maybe one or two seasons in length, if it evened out the plot to match the character development.

I swear... I do love this story... Even if I can't help but be rude and not ginger...
GalaxyVeined chapter 24 . 5/4/2015
Sorry, not sorry for references made. So, one, your writing isn't linear, like your Rose and Doctor? And, two, the way you are writing is episodic, like that of "To Kill A Mockingbird" or "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"?
eternalLove59 chapter 42 . 4/27/2015
Brilliant! God your writing is amazing. I'm going to take a little break here before I start reading the Titanic episode and then the Donna chapters. Looking forward to those :)
1,653 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »