Reviews for Stay By My Side
Ryker chapter 37 . 11/22
I want to leave a glowing review but all I can do is scream internally.
Just found this story and I would like to give you my praise. It is brilliant.
This is great
bluephoenix387 chapter 37 . 1/21
As an alternate telling to this classic arc, I love what you have done. From start to finish you captivated us with your astounding talent with words. Words that fit and fill the scenes with life instead of repeating the same structure. I love it when an author can command language to do as it should, communicate and empower a story. I love how subtle, so resounding you possessed my imagination with this work. Please keep writing stories. I would love to see an original dark gothic work of your own creation.

Completely in character, strong plotline, and believable outcomes. Bravo!
CharlieBoneFan chapter 37 . 12/12/2015
Great story!
Angel of Mystery-145 chapter 29 . 10/5/2015
Yay- they're officially married! :) Thank you for waiting for them to consummate their physical union until they were wed- and by doing so, keeping in character with who they were (especially Erik). He may have been a bit mad and vengeful at times, but he was still a gentleman who treated Christine by the standards of that time period, in respecting her reputation over his strong desire for her, no matter how temptation coaxed him to do otherwise. :) (shown in ALW's version anyway.) This was a beautiful chapter.
Angel of Mystery-145 chapter 17 . 10/4/2015
Loved this chapter and Erik's interaction with Christine as well as his fun with the naughty dancers. He's like a little boy with his mischief, yet all man too...and Ghost of course. ;-)
Angel of Mystery-145 chapter 5 . 10/4/2015
I love it so far! :) The feelings, the dialogue, the tension, all perfectly written in this reunion scene between them. Beautiful...
fac.et.spera chapter 37 . 6/2/2015
Magnificent. (Erm, I mean brava, brava, bravissima).

There's so much I love about this fic, and I seriously doubt that I'll be able to remember it all, but I'll try. I love your Christine, your mix of strength, compassion, and knowledge-I love to see an observant, intelligent Christine, especially one with enough presence of mind regarding her career! I also like that you mention that Christine does fear the Phantom aspect lf Erik; I feel that we phans too often overlook that part of him. I like that Meg had a large role in this as Christine's confidant and Henri too. And it's clear you did some research about theater life or are part of that life from the vocabulary and some of the scenarios! as for the writing, well, the execution is fantastic. There are some truly wonderful moments in here like Erik owning the opera house and the masquerade that I'm sure to revisit. My only criticism is Don Juan-I would have LOVED to see Erik take the role of Don Juan under the cloak for the premier. I suppose I'll just make that my head-canon for the finale, though. :)
AutumnWinter chapter 37 . 7/27/2014
I really loved this story. I like how you let the relationship between Erik and Christine develop in a realistic fashion & time frame. This story had me hooked, and I read it all in a single sitting. Thank you for writing something so lovely :)
R.J chapter 37 . 6/25/2014
Wonderfully lovely, my dear. Thank you.
Vincent-and-Yuffie-FOREVER chapter 14 . 5/6/2014
Chapter summary:
Hey I just killed someone,
And this is crazy,
But here's my ring,
So marry me maybe?
H chapter 36 . 1/13/2014
Wow.
Okay, I'm in the middle of writing a Phantom story (I'm not on FanFiction) and mine is NOWHERE NEAR as good as this!
I found it after seeing it several times on line and just decided to scope it out...and ended up reading the whole thing in one afternoon:)!
This felt not only true to how Erik would've acted as a person, but true to the era: out of all the Phantom FanFics I've read, yours was the most accurate for the 1800's. People spoke, acted, and lived like they were in that time perfectly in your story!
The only sadness I have is that THIS is how Erik and Christine should've lived their lives...
Such a great job! Keep up the great work! :)
H chapter 37 . 1/13/2014
Wow...
I'm in the middle of writing a POTO story now, but mine is NOWHERE near as good as this!
I've read lots of Phantom/Christine fanfictions, but this is by far THE BEST EVER!
What I run into with the other ones that I read was they were good, but not true to the era—no one really TALKED like it was the 1800's, but you did great!
In my mind, this is how it all should've been for Erik: keep up the great work:)!
Guest chapter 6 . 5/12/2013
Macavity Macavity there's no one like Macavity!