Reviews for A Matter of Time
Amidst Hobbits chapter 4 . 1/24
Awww. Pip so important and yet so scary! Liked your little story! :)
Mockingbird's Song chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
This was a very thoughtful exploration of something Tolkien didn't really explain.
Nikikeya chapter 4 . 8/16/2011
A very good story.

Rant: I am always wondering about the White Tree, it sounds like a Chinese Birch almost, though I've never known them to have white blossoms. I wish Tolkien had been a little clearer about the Botany described in the books. I'm not sure but I think there is a plant called Kingsfoil, but the Mallorn and the White Tree are hard to place... I suppose the truth is that just like Middle-Earth is based on Ancient Eurasia, the plants described are most likely only fake plants based on real ones...
Nikikeya chapter 2 . 8/16/2011
"In any case, I judge that the younger of these two, Peregrin Took, should remain. My heart is against his going." - Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Translation: Mum can I keep him? Pleeeeeeeeeease!

Face it Elrond, you're not fooling anyone; We all know the real reason you wont let Pip go is that you want to keep the cute Hobbit all to yourself. w
Shipwright's Trick chapter 3 . 3/25/2010
Very interesting idea. I'm thinking the pebble in the well? That would be the obvious one, I think...though there are probably others as well.

An interesting idea indeed. : )
Taryn Streambattle chapter 4 . 3/12/2009
This is great!

Why didn't I think of Pip like that before?
Rhyselle chapter 4 . 10/15/2006
I am trying to catch up on reading all of the lovely little (and large!) tales you have written over the last few years, and I do find it difficult to believe that this is one of your earliest efforts. :)

It's so nice to the Fellowship as perceived by the different characters. In a lot of fics, Merry seems to be pushed to the wayside, and it seems that people do forget his special talents and abilities, and just see him as the squire in Rohirric armour who helped weaken the Witch King of Angmar enough for Eowyn to finish off.

Thanks for giving me a new perspective on his character.
AspenJules chapter 4 . 1/31/2006
What a wonderful story! I'm reading your various stories as the whim takes me, in whatever order strikes my fancy, so it's hard to realize that this was what - only the second story you wrote?

What a wonderful scene between Elrond and Merry in Ch. 3. There's simply not enough Elrond in the book, and I always found the movie Elrond to be cold and distant and unloveable. It's delightful to spend a little bit of time with a wise, warm, loving Elrond, to see him take the time to answer the questions of a concerned Merry. I love it!

And the end was simply perfect. "Yes, Merry,... Look what we did." Beautiful.
Gwen Gamgee chapter 4 . 4/30/2005
I don't know how long ago you wrote this but thanks. I had never thought about how it might have been without Pippin. You put into words what most of us knew already, Pippin makes things happen. I now have an idea for another fanfiction I can work on, LOTR without Pip. It shall be very interesting for me to write.

THanks again,

Gwen.
bethahnee chapter 4 . 4/13/2005
"After all that, he’s still Pippin.”

So cute! Love it!

Anargil _

That's all for now, more tomorrow!
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 4 . 7/26/2004
These little intimate talks between characters are nice to read. :)

Leia
G chapter 4 . 3/15/2004
Thank you for an intriguing and thoughtful story!
You did a good job of honoring Pippin and all of the other members of the Company for what they contributed to the Quest- as was summarized in the line towards the end of "look what we did."
Dien Alcyone chapter 3 . 2/19/2004
Just wanted to thank you for reading The Crossing and reviewing it as well. :) And, the best way to thank is, of course, to read and review on our own. :D
I was looking for an Elrond story... *grins* and so this one jumped out at me. I really like Merry's concern for Pip, prompting him to come talk to Elrond; that's fantastic. Interesting and original insight into just why Pippin was allowed to go along... really quite fascinating.
Great tale, good work!
rabidsamfan chapter 4 . 2/19/2004
Ah, as I nibble through your list of stories a little at a time. Haven't found a bad one yet... I particularly liked Elrond and Merry's conversation (and your insight into how Sam spent his time preparing for the journey. I've wondered how he could possibly forget to bring a rope!)
And your take on Pippin! That's wonderful! Peregrin Took, chaos particle, the last thing Sauron would EVER expect to foil his plans! LoL!
Grav chapter 4 . 1/8/2004
This feels so short after slogging through "By Chance of Purpose"! But I loved it. Your Merry is alwyas a treat, mostly because he is properly Merry: insightful, clever, and fast on his feet. I'm a big fan of happy endings, and RotK might have the saddest happy ending ever, but I still love it.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »