Reviews for The Guardian of Blackvale Wood
Luanee chapter 14 . 11/28/2013
Great story! Love how it's action packed from beginning to end, plus the loadful of dean whumpage included! Hope u write more stories !
gr8read chapter 13 . 1/29/2012
Oh my gosh! He shot Dean!
gr8read chapter 12 . 1/29/2012
Oh, great chapter. Nice cliff hanger!
ccase13 chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
I love Sam calling dibs on the next gratefull client. He'll probably just let Dean have her anyway. Between Jess and Madison, Sam probably mistrusts his effect on girls.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
Wow, that was an impressive little epic! Each time I thought you were winding it up, you threw another twist in there. I especially hadn't expected Hedda to die, but it fit. And Abby was perfect, not too needy and not too fearless. She felt real. Also enjoyed the h/c and the cool lore and the good brother characterization. My one gripe is that there were a few times I thought they were uncharacteristically sloppy, letting their guard down in ways I had a hard time buying. But it was easy to overlook in an otherwise really enjoyable story. Thank you.
Meggin Lane chapter 3 . 1/27/2012
I've just started to read this and I think it's great. I love the setting that you chose, being a New Englander, and the big bad is a great mythological beast/man/god combo, plus you have got the boys banter sounding right for the two of them. So you have set the imagery well for a believable adventure that they'd have.

I also like how you have Hedda Baldwin as the beleaguered owner of the last land parcel that the town big wig James Badham has been threatening. A good bully villian (LOL) I really can't say I blame her for unleashing Herne. But that is good from a writers stand point too. Life is made up of a lot of grey areas and people will do just about anything to protect what they love. Too bad about Mike Hawley, I see Mike and his dad being like so many under Badhams thumb, they are going to be the collateral damage by Herne's protective rage. Trouble with beast/man/gods ( unlike complex humans) is that their view is often very black and white.

You've got a good solid story plot with good solid arcs and support characters to make the whole story hold together well.

( can you tell I'm enjoying this so far?)
deangirl1 chapter 13 . 1/27/2012
So weird - the review I wrote for this chapter didn't go, so when I went to review 14, it loaded for that... So THIS is actually a review for chapter 14 and the one for 14 is for 13... hope that makes sense.

As always, you have created some wonderful characters to populate Dean and Sam's world. And also, as always, I thoroughly enjoyed the last chapter even as I was sad the story was over. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, I often think getting the balance in the last chapter right is a finely tuned artform - one that you excel at. Thanks for another wonderful story... I'm hoping that re-reading and re-posting is stirring your muse too!
deangirl1 chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
Love, love, love this story! I say that for every one, don't I? Fantastic chase scene here though - I "race" through it every time. And so satisfying to see Sam beat the crap out of Badham! Sorry to see us so close to the end...
fifimom chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
Perfect ending to a terrific story. Loved it! Thanks so much for writing and sharing.
Mzzmarie chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
This is an incredible story! Herne is an absolutely fantastic idea for a monster and I love the concept! Amazing work
Aislinn Rose chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
Aww man, this is over? Loved it! The ending was perfect.

So read you had another in the works...Please post as soon as it's good for you. Love your stories.
ccase13 chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
It's a shame Badham didn't shoot Abby instead of Dean. It would be easier to get him for attempted murder if the victim didn't have to keep runing from the police. I can't wait to read the next part, this is a very exciting chase even if the bad guy's human.
BranchSuper chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Got him! But not without cost.
fifimom chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Poor Dean! Love the update. Thank you.
Aislinn Rose chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Ugh! NOOOOOOOOOOO, please don't leave it there. *whimpers* Please.

One of these days Dean's impulses is gonna get that boy killed. Poor Abby after this she'll be more than a nurse from a small town, she'll be a war veteran of sorts.