Reviews for Nadsat New Year
darlin-deveroux chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
First, I need to explain.

When I was about ten years old I was in my living room alone, looking for my copy of Fox and the Hound and preparing to snuggle up to a Disney classic. As I was looking around our tapes I stumbled across the most curious movie box with this guy wearing makeup, can you imagine? Naturally, I put it in, and what followed was the most intense cinematic adventure I've ever been on. I was traumatized, horrified, my mind completely blown, ACO probably the reason why I am who I am today.

Fast forward eleven years and it's one of my most obsessed over movies and books, and being able to find fanfiction, actual fanfiction that's well written and planned is phenomenal in my book. I am utterly in love with what you did with the characters, the setting and mood you created just complete perfection. Your writing is nothing short of beautiful and I'm madly in love with what you're able to do with these characters and how well you know them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Amazing one shot, amazing everything!
letitbexo chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
First: "Git 'Er Done Kudos to LetItBeXO who provided the first complete romance story and kept everyone in character. Bravo to you!"

I'm blushing! Thank you so much for this, TWB. I don't think I would have stayed as long in this website if it weren't for you, Dan Sickles, and other lovely friends I've made on here.

For the story: This is an amazing preface of BB and his crew way before the original canon that is A Clockwork Orange, and it also seems to be a great way to start off your other BB fic. I like that you show BB and his friends' more HUMAN side to them, with their much enthusiasm and excitement over the holidays like the average person. They're more than monsters- They're just guys who wanted to be safe and warm but life's circumstances wouldn't let them. It's gut-wrenching, I tells ya.

Love it. Love the details, the way you kept everyone in character (BB especially), and how it all beautifully connects to the ACO canon/your other BB fiction so nicely.

Hope you have a great 2012 too!

- letitbexo
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Thank you so much for the mention at the end! You rule!

This was a great story, with the atmosphere of New Year and the droogs having each other even when they have not much else. I always wonder how much poverty there really is in this world because on the one hand Alex says in the book that crime runs rampant everywhere, but on the other hand the state is supposed to guarantee full employment. In fact Alex says it's a law that everyone "not a child nor with child nor ill" must work!

Some interesting questions for the New Year!
PandaLove01 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
:3 I love seeing billy and his droops in different situations :o
Nova Sinfonia chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Yay, a New Year story too! I liked the unusual scene... despite the poverty and gang wars, there's cute details like the DIY hot chocolate and the droogs building a two-headed snowman (instead of fighting over who gets to give it, well, other sorts of balls!) And then there's the decision to track down Alex, which leads to the later story. Also, the references to real-world events are interesting.

Thanks for the shout-out! :) I don't think I'll actually write about Bollywood films, since I don't know much about them, but I Always Appreciate Alliteration!
gildedbutterfly16 chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Great holiday story ACO styled! I wish the best for you (and Billyboy :D ) in 2012! And thank you for the very nice note at the end :)
Pet Archer chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Well-done, Weasley!

Another nice "one-shot" with Billy-Boy - this time, on a happier note, during happier times with him, and his original Droogs!

I was cracking up over the 'obscene snowmen' of Billy's Droogs! I've built snowmen during my childhood, and pre-adolescent years. But never have I ever imagined 'obscene snowmen', until now! No doubt they'll be 'anatomically correct' to be considered 'obscene'... well, they are, since Billy mentioned Toby and Charlie bickering over making one with a proper set of yarbles. Enough said - but funny!

Again, Billy keeps things real about his Dystopian life in London - the rich getting all the conveniences; and the poor/working class like Billy continue their fight to survive.

Nice of Billy to mention about the New Year's Eve activities across the Atlantic here in the "You Es Aiee" - particularly New York City, where the 'Yankee ball' drops every year!

Meantime, he and his Droogs are out warming themselves over a burning garbage can/barrel, and making a concoction with a chocolate bar, and wine - and sharing it between themselves as they all await to see the fireworks set off as the New Year rings in.

And, of course, there's always Billy and the Droogs' plan to get back at that 'Wandere in White' - who is none other than our very own, Alex DeLarge, who got into a previous drat with them - before their second drat, which landed Billy and his Droogs in the hospital; then jail for attempting to rape Miss Lydia Walker!

Anyway, these were happier times for Billy and his five original Droogs.

Thanks, Weasley, for the shout-out, and well-wishes to us favorite ACO fanfic writers, and your 'Droogs', Weasley! Happy New Year to you, too, and yours - and your excellent writings, comments, suggestions, and your love for "A Clockwork Orange" - both works!

LONG LIVE "A CLOCKWORK ORANGE"!