Reviews for The Way Things Are Supposed to Be
Wordmangler chapter 1 . 1/12
Oh this was very nice indeed. Really beautifully done. My favourite part of DLM is the relationship between George and her family, especially her sister, following her death, and this is an exquisite close to that story. I'd like to think they had just a little more contact during her life, or a little more time at the end, but really I can't fault this gem either technically or emotionally. It really is true that the number of reviews or favourites provides little indication of quality. This one deserves to be in the top ranks.
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
A touching, well written piece, thank you for sharing it with us.
catchthegoldensnitch7 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Wow, that was tearfully beautiful. Great job!
Healer chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Awww! I can't beleive you only have 2 reviews so far, you deserve more.

This was great, though a little sad. I really ejoyed it so thanks for sharing.
Lilia Rachel chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
This is an excellent Dead like me story. I love reading Reggie and George stories. I look foward to other DLM stories.
pillowdrabbler chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Nicely balanced. Most writers who play with the idea of death fall into the trap of mawkish vulnerability. Dead Like Me, at least to me, sent the message that death, though pivotal and compelling as anything one might ever experience, is inevitable, and the only chance the bereaved have at a good life would be forfeited if they choose not to move on. Moving on, needless to say, isn't the same as forgetting. But it is realizing that if the person you're holding on to is indeed looking down at you, he would not want you paralyzed over his absence.

So yeah, great job on this. You made the scene believable. The restraint, the reactions of a dying person who had some idea of how the reaper world works, Reggie's hopefulness at the end-they were all nicely matted into the story. Hope you write more. :)

P.S. Added points for writing a DLM fic not based on a ship. I mean, I know which two I want to be together, and I enjoy reading fics about them, but sometimes in the pursuit of romance, writers forget what DLM is basically about.

Though of course, if the romantic thing supplements one kick-ass death plot, then who am I to complain?

All the best.