Reviews for The Commendable Institution
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
Poor Merlin!
star-eye chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
You were right in the summary, funny and angst-ridden at the same time. Poor Merlin. And Arthur really is a clotpole, isn't he?
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
*sniff* I will not cry I will not cry I will not... not... *WAILS* Merrrlinn! *muffled sobbing* poor, poor Merlin...

Emotional reaction aside, this was really good! A very original one-shot that I think I've been wanting to read for a long time. :) I loved all the details. Merlin's practical fears and doubts about another relationship, for one, not just his emotional ones (but those too, of course). And you handled the flashback very well - sometimes those are clumsy or confusing, but yours was written commendably well and therefore moved the story along nicely. I really loved this story!

Thank you so much for writing!
- Clara
8annie81 chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Arthur no :( you don't know the feels you're triggering.
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Oh. Ouch. Poor Merlin! You did amazingly well at this! Fantastic!
coloredwords chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Reading stories like this makes me wish Arthur had known about Freya before he died.
Beautiful.
MJStevie chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Awww... poor Merlin. I know Arthur is oblivious to a lot of things but surely he could have seen that Merlin was upset and well... shut up about it. I wish in the show, Merlin had spoken to Arthur about Freya because it would have been the perfect bromance moment or even better- why did she have to die?
That episode was the saddest ever, broke my heart in 45 minutes, why couldn't he producers have just let Merlin be happy?
Loved the story though, Freylin is my favourite pairing! Keep up the awesome stories! :)
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Poor Merlin indeed *sniff*
This was wonderfully sad.
TruffleHeadnolongeractive chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Wonderful writing, this was just... wonderful.
Veilwuarrah chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This topic always makes me sad :( But this was a really nice fic! Well done!
Kiki1770 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
That was a beautiful, beautiful, wrap up!
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Oh, that was heartrending. It was the humor that made the sadness so much more piercing. Nice writing!
Danterevan chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
a very good take on the situation well done

D
Xivida chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
There is little I can say to this.
... :'( 3
thomaseliot chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Only on the outside. So true. I wonder if there'll be a new Merlin love interest in S5. Or some Freya return action...anyway, good story. :)