Reviews for Symphoricarpos: A Dempsey & Makepeace Story
topbird chapter 6 . 3/3
Loving this story krato. It,s great that Harry thought she had competition for dempsey's affection l think maybe you should have kept us guessing a bit longer though lol but brill story xx
NightOwl22 chapter 26 . 8/8/2013
Hello! Well, another fantastic D&M story from Krato. I really enjoy your fics (still waiting on an update for your most recent one). I have to say, this one kept me at the edge of my seat for several chapters. When Dempsey keeps asking for a doctor and Greg doesn't pay the slightest attention to his pleads, I think I literally cried: "Oh, c'mooooon!"

You did a great job with the characterizations (of D, M, Spikings, Chas...), and also with the development of the two characters that you introduced. By the end, you get to loathe Greg (and also thank him, in a way, for letting us see a more vulnerable side of Dempsey and, of course, Harry playing such a caring role. That was a plus!

Of course, the final chapters were a nice gift for romantics like myself. The little moments, the beating around the bush, the marshmallows (sensual as heck!)... Those two can be so clueless at times. What can I say, enjoyed the story thoroughly! Very well written and an excellent job with the plot, the pacing and the dialogues.

I don't know if you still read these reviews, but I wanted to thank you for writing it. I'd love to read also the unpublished chapter, if the offer is still there. I can send you my email by PM (let me know if that's okay).

On a final note, just a minor observation on the use of the word "cajones" (one of the most misused words when applied to the English language). I noticed you used it in both your stories (quite appropriately, and perfectly placed within the conversation). Just notice the spelling:

"Cojones" Balls, guts, gall... Bravery when doing something.
"Cajones" A desk drawer, bin, box, casing...

Keep up the wonderful work. It's a true pleasure reading your fics. :-)
Louise chapter 26 . 12/17/2012
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. I loved this
Thankyou for sharing- off to find more of your writing now
Fleura45 chapter 26 . 8/24/2012
What a good ending... and so glad that Dempsey didn't just go home. That would have been unbearable. Lovely to think of them all warm and cozy as the snow falls down outside. Right where they belong - together.

Looking forward to your next story, thanks for this one. :)
haveunotthought chapter 26 . 8/24/2012
Finally a chance to review, firstly to say I have been back and re read the whole story, really able to appreciate all the little details without being fearful for the future. I rather think I'll be re reading from the beginning a few tmes

The final paragraphs about the Symphoricarpos must have been burning a whole in your writers book - knowing that right from your concept and not being able to publish for months and months. Out of everything it was this that brought the greatest smile to my face on my first read.

rather like the somebody with an Italian sounding name oughta paint you
and the back reference to the squeeze

you're torturing me, not yet I aint and the use of the marshmallows was delicious and the following tasteful delight
including the banter
Are you flattering me or degrading me? Whichever is workin' for you tiger.

'Twas a great read

So best bits now - of the story - bits in other chapters - I might need to go and review anoymously one day. Of this chapter:
Harry blinked away the sting of tears. "And I couldn't bear to lose you, James."

He touched her cheek lightly with his fingertips. "Well then Houston, we have a problem 'cause I got a confession to make."

Harry awaited his next words with dread. The words 'problem' and 'confession' never sat well together.

"I've fallen for ya babe!"

There was a moment of silence whilst she tested out her translation of that statement inside her head.

"Is that like being a little bit in love?" she asked tentatively, hardly daring to hope.

Dempsey grinned. "Nah. It's like bein' a lottle bit in love – such a lottle bit that when I don't see ya, even for just one day, it feels like that whole day is a wash-out."

in fact you could guess my fav as LOTTLE bit - thats the slush in me

and the banter - always the banter

"Well, I have to admit, rude, loud and brutal has never really appealed to me before."
dinabar chapter 26 . 8/22/2012
Great end, still a combination of funny and reserved, brash and gentle, just like our beloved heroes. Great tension and resolution and still perfectly them. thanks d
Quattro Queen chapter 26 . 8/12/2012
Erm, where to start. I've had a whole week to think about this and all I can really come up with is wow, Harry is one lucky lady. I loved the way which you built up the tension (I am refering to remix here)..neither of them still sure of the others feelings (very them) and then it was Dempsey who cracked first "I’ll show you enlightenment!” I could deffo feel the sizzle and it wasn't the marshmallows :)
“So go on, Dempsey,” she challenged, “make a liar of me.” Loved this line...very in character.
The whole Sex drive/ parking ticket was excellent..wish I'd written that :)) And I really liked the fact that they took turns to be the dominant force..however full marks goes to Harry...that got him lol "happy, happy, happy" oh yes indeedy! I think we all agree with Dempsey on that one!
The whole story was a very enjoyable read. thank you!
So, what's next? Futon fumble?...you know you want to :-))
abeed chapter 26 . 8/12/2012
#26 Bloomin Brilliant! #remix WOWZER WOWZER WOWZER!
'He could barely keep his hands off her! How was he supposed to get through the rest of the night?' Love love love it! The tension & heat between them was captured perfectly, winding them both up til one of them just had to give in to it..
"You want enlightenment?" he said with a strange fury flashing hotly in his eyes. "I'll show you enlightenment!" - one of my favourite lines, ever! Was sure Harry was gonna make the first move on #herman so was mighty pleased that she made the second!
'Harry had actually quite shocked herself with her impiety and although hungry for more, she resisted the urge. Instead, she turned herself about and sat with her back against him, giving herself time to consider exactly what might be allowed to happen if they continued in the same vein.' :-))
"So go on, Dempsey," she challenged, "make a liar of me" :-))
'she willed her sex drive to go and park up in a nice quiet little cul-de-sac before she got a speeding ticket' ha ha ha, funny bugger! The lines Dempsey threw our whilst unbuttoning her pj top were pure magic! "Guess this is where I do the gentlemanly thing, huh?" "If you stop now, Dempsey, I swear I'll kill you..." Fabulous!
Love that through all the humour & teasing they talk openly & honestly about their feelings for each other & the consequences of what's about to happen before it actually happens. "Half the time I can't concentrate for thinkin' 'bout you – about wanting you and me to be 'us'!" - #sensitivehotamerican :-)
Harry traced an unsteady forefinger over his mouth. "I mean, you're not really my type at all."

A tiny smile fluttered at her lips but she kept her eyes down.

"Tell me about it! Never imagined in a million years that I'd get the hots over a snooty, condescending, ice-cold broad like you," he jibed as he leaned down to kiss her warmly.

Harry pulled him back down again and this time there was fire between them. - #puredemparry followed by #puredemparrywithmarshmallows ... ;-)

Absolutely loved it! And how perfect to end with snowberries growing at Camberwell Grove.. They're gonna be fine! :-)
HarryMakepeace chapter 26 . 8/10/2012
I had to catch up 5 chapters and I'm putting my review in one...That story was really, really great and so well written...as always :-) Hope to read another story soon.
Slyquinn chapter 21 . 8/7/2012
- She looked tired – pale. If he was on his feet he would have thought about hugging her –a big, friendly bear hug... Awwwwww

- You look like shit, Princess. You need to get some shut-eye... Hahahaha

- Harry didn't have a clue that it was she who'd pulled him through this nightmare.

His one enduring memory was of being in her arms, her heart hammering against his back and her breath warm and tingly on his scalp as she whispered things that he couldn't quite hear. He knew it was corny but she'd been the light at the end of the tunnel – he'd followed the voice because he simply couldn't stand to leave her. Adorable, love him.

How could Dempsey think she isn't feeling anything for him? And all that flirting... Poor him, impress Greg didn't kill him she could well finish him off on the hospital bed.
This is way too hot for a bed hospital scene!
Love Dempsey's humour...
'Cute' she taking him to her place...
Slyquinn chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
Dempsey is such a clown! lol
- "Behaving himself, is he?" she asked casually, bending down to put a kiss on Dempsey's cheek. lol Like she's visiting her best friend... Hahahahahaha
We can feel Dempsey's mental distress...
- No," she answered, enjoying the feel of his thumb stroking over her knuckles... Soon enough she'll be under his thumb! ;-)
- Her voice always hardened that way when there was a threat of emotion taking hold – a little defence mechanism she used, same way he used humour... Spot on!
Love how Makepeace left him to his brother on the phone, class act.
Funny chapter
Slyquinn chapter 19 . 8/7/2012
Wondering how the ice woman would take if Dempsey were to die because of 'her'...!
Loved the how ninja Makepeace! -Harry lost her cool at that point, smashing the gun against his skull.
"They're not dead, you stupid little prick…"

- Instead she bowed her head to rest her chin on the top of Dempsey's head and cradled him to her.

- She wasn't even aware of the fact that she was gently rocking him in her arms, backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards as though comforting a child.

- She needed him. If she lost him, she knew a part of her would be lost too.

Krato, you had me at 'Hello you'!
Slyquinn chapter 18 . 8/7/2012
Two words to describe this chapter: Gut wrenching!
YOUC CAN NEVER STOP WRITING KRATO, NEVER! "It's an order"
- Then, she kissed Dempsey's forehead again... AGAIN!
She so loves him and I so love you!
Slyquinn chapter 17 . 8/7/2012
- The second thing that struck her was Greg - from behind with the heavy pottery mug he'd been holding.
He was surprised how easily she went down - Oh come on Makepeace! Now she's the amateur!
- She would have murdered him, he had no doubt about that, that was what she was here for, protection for the Richmonds. - Err yeah, real psycho!

- He would make them watch! - Sick bastard... And so are you Krato! Loving though!

Greg did some long leg work in order to be where he is. Hope Makepeace cracks his knees!
Slyquinn chapter 16 . 8/7/2012
- "Bloody mind reader now, is she? Rest assured I shall be having words with Lady Tonto very soon but in the meantime..." Spikings should know better!

Thought this Greg dude was OTT... This guy is seriously demented; hits Dempsey's head then shows him the paper & stabs him with a fork! Greg is a sick man but also an amateur!

Didn't know Dempsey was a movie buff! ;-)

Yeah, you just think about that, Mister Magnum Man." lol I shouldn't be lauhing!