Reviews for The Maverick Prince
WolvenWarrior65 chapter 25 . 7/10
This story is absolutely amazing to me. Polaris is very easy to like and his fear of X is warrented, yet hard for others to understan. This makes it hard for him to talk much about himself and it really helps him not be a Gary-Stu. This is one of my favorite stories and I enjoyed the entire ride.
Arridu chapter 23 . 6/26
GO POLARIS! Starting the strike would have been achievement enough but that bit of him telling off Scorpio was straightup awesome...and I had a feeling something was up with that Hogan guy...welp onto next chapter.
Bryon Nightshade chapter 25 . 6/19
A confession, first: I've seen this story for some time, but never clicked it. No excuse or reason. Something about it just didn't seem to click. I don't even know what changed the other day that got me to give it a whirl. But I am glad that I eventually did, because it looks like I was just in time. I would have missed out, otherwise.

And that would have been a shame, because I've enjoyed this story a lot- I've hardly been able to put it aside over the past few days as I worked my way through it. The story works, from the gradual unfolding of past events, to the way that none of Polaris' hirings or firings feels the least contrived, to the satisfying ending. I could make out the shape of the ending earlier on, but I don't think that weakened the story; it meant that the outcome flowed naturally from the circumstances of character and setting, which is delightful.

One thing that did surprise me was the resolution of Kisa's plotline, but it was the best sort of surprise, the one which makes sense in hindsight. I also dug the Avenging Angel theming for X. I've played with the notion myself, in part because Zero is called the Red Demon and those two are a matched set in so many ways. No wonder Polaris was so scared- righteous wrath can be terrifying. And civil rights for reploids is a hobbyhorse of mine, so all the associated discussions there I found very interesting.

One minor critique: I think you could have used one more conversation here between Polaris and Delta. After Delta actually starts spreading, it also fades as a character. If it were to express some sort of satisfaction to Polaris, or gratification that he's using it- it is a virus, it's supposed to spread- it would have helped both of them achieve a little more closure. (Perhaps something that mirrors what Polaris thought earlier, when he tried to make himself non-threatening as a survival strategy. In this case, only when Polaris was able to adapt Delta into something he wanted/approved of could Delta prosper.)

Thanks for writing this story. Bravo.
rioluaura chapter 25 . 6/12
I really liked this story. I can't remember how I found it years ago, but I saw the email notices and kept coming back.
It was unique, seeing a fanfiction not based on action or romance. That gave it a very nice feel. To be honest, I would have like more action, but I think that would have ruined the story.
I don't believe I saw any typos, which is a huge plus.
The internet needs more stories like this, with coherent themes and meaning.
Enci897 chapter 25 . 6/11
I am a little sad that this is the last chapter, but this story was very fun to read. I liked that the focus was not on the main three characters X, Zero and Axl. Instead it was the Black Zero aka Polaris who first is just trying to hide and survive, but later he faces his fears and even modifies the virus. It was fun reading about the "normal" reploids lives and how are they treated in the society, try to find their places among the humans etc.

The only thing that left me a little dissapointed, that how Zero and Polaris would interact. I was really curious. We saw Axl and a tiny bit of X, but where is Zero?

I like this ending better than a dramatic ending. It would be sad if he just goes and sacrifices himself. But maybe i just grow too fond of Polaris. :)

This ending is much happier. :)

I won't mind reading a similar story like this.
farfetched4 chapter 25 . 6/10
I haven't reviewed much, but I have been following this, and I've really enjoyed it! I liked the story you built up around Polaris, and all his nuances and anxieties, I like how he worked with Delta towards the end, and I liked how he worked with the Iconaic reploids for a better workplace for them. All in all, I've really enjoyed reading it!
Enci897 chapter 22 . 6/5
So the virus unexpectedly got into the group. I am curious whether the Maveric Hunters notice the virus in the two girls. Polaris plan is working so far, but i wonder if it remain that way. If the factory bosses decide to ignore everything and destroy the reploids, they will try to defend themselfes right?

I look forward to the next chapter. It think it will be interesting.
Enci897 chapter 21 . 5/28
So Polaris virus got into one of his friends through Kisa? I wonder what come up of it. And the factory workers too. Honestly i wasn't expecting a group date at the end. :D I am curious how will work out.
the moonfox col chapter 20 . 5/22
I suspect delta may become used for part of his original purpose here...
Enci897 chapter 20 . 5/20
I feel sorry about that reploids. This types of factories can be found in real life too. Polaris is maybe thinking to change the reploids programming? I agree with that, but i am curious how will work out the "non-violent" method. I hope it doesn't turn into a riot or something like that.

I think i said this before but, this is still my favorite Megaman X story. I like unique setting and that the focus is not only the Maverick Hunters. I don't have any problem with them, but it's nice to see something different.

I will wait for the next chapter!
Enci897 chapter 19 . 5/14
This story is just getting better and better. :) I wonder if Delta really changed? Polaris changed his directions but still, its a little sudden, that he is helping Polaris, instead of trying to make him destroy and infect reploids.

I was surprised when Axl asked Polaris about joining. I am curious too, about what happened to Kay, and just what is going on in that factory.

I wonder if he is going to do that painting.

I can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder what will happen?
Enci897 chapter 18 . 5/7
Well i could thought that the mavericks are not going to give up after one failed try. Still Axl surprised me, but its makes sense, that if the base lose the communication with one of it workers they of course call the Maverick Hunters.

But that cliffhanger... Really i want to know what happens after this! :D
I hope Polaris is going to be okay.
Enci897 chapter 17 . 4/29
I thought Polaris would be doing something like building the fence or navigating. Im curious if he ever meet X or Zero on the Eurasia site. I wonder what happened to Kay. Maybe her workplace got disposed of her?

Also little thing but i noticed that the chapter number is wrong at the beginning. It says chapter 16, but this is the 17th chapter.

My day was tiring, so reading your story made me really happy! :D

As always i eagerly wait for the next chapter.
Arridu chapter 17 . 4/29
Uh huuuh, low grade company reploid reports a problem to a supervisor and suddenly dies due to something 'going wrong' this sounds highly suspicious to me, that said Polaris' method of using his art knowledge to modify tech via the virus is fascinating. Delighted to see this is being regularly updated again and look forward to more.
The Moonfox Collective chapter 16 . 4/24
Wow... a blast from the past returns so fast! I almost thought you'd given up on this thing. Haha wow...

Normal life isn't easy when you have a past like Polaris', but he does the best with what he can, and Delta is just another step in overcoming it. I like that dynamic. And now he has a chance to return to the crash site, I feel like I suspect the reason for returning but I can't put my finger on how to say it. Haha~ you have me interested all over again. Keep it up, please.