Reviews for United We Stand
bountypeaches chapter 5 . 9/16/2014
Maybe he had offered choices to other people but she was the only one he actively chased.
bountypeaches chapter 21 . 9/16/2014
A great take!

I don't think Brennan has any need to be grateful to Hannah- if Brennan hadn't said no then Hannah would never have been in the picture in the first place, lol. Plus, Brennan did save her life.

Booth may have tried to convince himself he loved Hannah- I am never quite sure he did. Booth and Hannah could never have worked because Booth was never really hers. He never opened up to her emotionally. I think on some level Hannah realized Brennan's hold on him. Hannah was so quick to assume the toothbrushes were a suggestion from Brennan. I personally think Hannah realized he proposed because he wanted out. Mere weeks after telling her of Brennan's feelings, he was asking her to be someone she wasn't; someone she had already told him she never could be. How could she not piece that together? The way he shut her out, he didn't want her to be enough. She wasn't ready for the relationship to end but she knew the only person that could reach him was Brennan. I think that says something.
petuniatc chapter 21 . 6/12/2012
OK, since I just found this and you said no one reviews when you write about Hannah here's my contribution. Good one - believable - they would run into one another at some future point - possibly at a writer's conference or seminar or in an airport VIP lounge. So this works. I especailly liked the first part about stocking the kitchen with healthy food and making arrangements for Christine's care. Yes, Hannah makes Brennen uncomfortable. Hannah is attractive in a magazine cover/cheerleader/prom queen sort of way. Bones was probably an awkward child who overplans and doesn't think of herself as attractive in the same way. While she has matured into a confident and attractive adult Hannah probably brings out the awkwardness in Bones. Also the foster child who longed for family looks at Hannah and sees the woman who almost took that from her. So my point if Sweets would have a field day with this meeting!
alexindigo chapter 21 . 6/10/2012
Just read this...and I have mixed feelings. One of the reasons why I didn't like Hannah, besides the obvious of course, was that HH blatantly made her the antithesis of Brennan. She was perfect in every way, even winning Parker's heart with one conversation making Brennan look like she was right about saying no to Booth because obviously, he didn't mean what he said. The writers and Booth made Brennan seem inferior to Hannah and ngl, I get the same sorta vibe here...mkng Brennan uncomfortable and once again playing the role of 'the perfect one' implying that she saw it coming, tht she knew Booth was still hung up on Brennan and ugh, the patronizing statements.

Look, I'm never going to like Hannah and I can say with some degree of certainty that I'm probably never going to forgive Booth for the mess that was the 100th and everything that came after but stories like this that imply Brennan should somehow be grateful to Hannah? I think I can do without, especially after having her forced down my throat for nearly a year.

My two cents Shey...still enjoy reading your stories though, keep em coming. :) Will just avoid any Hannah-related ones unless it's one that involves closure and resolution and Booth grovelling. :P

As always, thanks for sharing! )
angiebc chapter 23 . 5/30/2012
Awww, poor poor poor Christine... sucks to be her. mwahahahhahahaha.
I'm sorry but she had it good and now he's no longer there and well, she lost her chance... all that confidence, all that teasing, and now? Now she's left without Michael...
I love this one, Shey... so sweet. So so so sweet..especially because I can so imagine this little girl being this way... too sure of herself, crushing on a boy who doesn't give her the time of the day, while knowing that she has her best friend/ or his fremeny by her side to talk to, to tease, to eat with...
and what happens? what happens? While she's desperately wanting to be able to hang at the pool with her friend so she can see her crush, her easy friendship with Michael is threatened by another girl... and it bothers her... and she's exasperated at the fact that he has picked to hang with her... how dare he, right Christine? ROFLMAO.
Loved this one...
Thank you, Shey... your stories always make my day.
JayBee188 chapter 23 . 5/27/2012
In this chapter, Christine is a Backpfeifengesicht. (German word, you can translate it)
angiebc chapter 22 . 5/22/2012
I feel so bad for Booth. I feel his pain. He wants to be with his family. He knows it's the best way to help Brennan... but he cannot help feeling abandoned by Bones and more than anything, guilty. He should have kept them safe, and he failed... or at least that's what he's making himself believe.

I didn't quite understand the thing about Caroline accepting a bribe... who was she bribed by? I mean, the thing about the warrant... sure, it could have been a purposed mistake, but was it a bribe? I think I need to rewatch the finale for that.

I feel good thought about the fact that he hasn't lost hope in Bones, and that he's constantly checking up on the radio to make sure they're not dead... and that he is keeping his faith that his God will protect his baby and his Bones...

loving chapter...

as for Hannah... Bing, She who must not be faced... lol. Yeah, everyone's got an opinion about her. lol

Pyrate Nyre chapter 22 . 5/18/2012
It seems like Peliant will be haunting us all summer. Good chapter I loved it.
jsboneslover chapter 22 . 5/16/2012
There is something so beautifully bittersweet about this, isn't there? Bones isn't running away to a dig, she's attached to her child and in trouble, with her missing her partner as much as he's missing her. Beautiful, but sad. Thanks for exploring this.
C-bones chapter 21 . 5/13/2012
Now this I can see on the actual show. Thank you for taking the time to think about what sounds right for the characters. Most of the fics with the same premise have a lot more nastiness and bitterness and smugness.

When Brennan told Hannah that Booth loved her, I could TOTALLY see her saying that. And I think you nailed the not-really-guilty-because-she's-so-happy but slightly-uncomfortable feeling down. And the kind of joke Hannah would make but Brennan wouldn't get.

"They had been friends once, but had not so much drifted apart as been violently flung in opposite directions. Hannah had walked out of Booth's life and devoted herself to her career...Brennan, on the other hand, had stayed, loyal to the man whose heart Hannah had bruised."

Brilliant way to put it. Instead of saying that they weren't really friends in the first place, I agree that it was moreso about Brennan's loyalty to Booth. I didn't even like Hannah, but thank you for respecting ALL the characters.
jsboneslover chapter 21 . 5/13/2012
There are a handful of takes on the "Bones or Booth meet Hannah in the future" scenario, but this one was particularly interesting. Gives both women credit for being interesting and strong, while building acknowledgement that Booth and Bones were always the force to be reckoned with!
Mary chapter 20 . 5/10/2012
I love this story, please update soon...
pampilot67 chapter 20 . 5/7/2012
I like the storiers,due more please
angiebc chapter 20 . 5/6/2012
awwww. Let me sigh happily.

I love it, Shey, love it.

I understand her wanting time alone but here he has proven that she just can't see herself without him not right now. She's used to him now.

I liked this shot a lot.

And as for the good things at work! HURRAY! :D

keep up the awesome work, Shey :)

my-completeness chapter 20 . 5/5/2012