Reviews for The Next Step
Nytefyre chapter 4 . 8/14/2013
It's been a long time since I read the Foundation, Robots, etc series. Your prose is very easy to read.. and the narrative did not set off any "this isn't true to Asimov" feelings. However, I wonder how much of the exposition is necessary and much truly seems to be restatement. Could it have been shorter? In the end, I think making the telling a little tighter would have increased the impact. By the end, I felt very disconnected from the beginning of the story, being so immersed in the 3-4 summarized tales. Overall, this was definitely diverting and thought provoking, which is the truest compliment I could have given to Asimov's writing, as well.

BTW, "The Edge of Tomorrow" is another Asimov story that he ties into the same universe - it explains how via time manipulation the universe came to have just Earth support intelligent life, but be seeded with so much ideal room for expansion.

Thanks for posting!
XL chapter 4 . 5/8/2013
My ten year old self loves you SO hard for this. :)
My 30-something self is too busy cheering to comment.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/27/2012
This fanfiction about Elijah Baley was OUTSTANDING work! I often forgot that I was reading fanfiction, but thought I was engrossed in an actual novel! With the exception of some spelling errors here and there, I give this piece utmost praise! Should you ever consider writing an actual Foundation related novel, you may count me among your readers.
Thank you for the great read!

Oh by the way, I never give ARE TRULY my first.
RalfPaul chapter 4 . 1/26/2012

Did you know that Assimov wrote another Bailey story.

Just a short conversation with R. Daneel Olivaw.

Still a good read.
lantana chapter 4 . 1/14/2012
Bravo! This story is truly worthy of the good doctor. Your style is in accordance with his writing, the story flows nicely, and does keep me on the edge on my chair waiting for the following chapters.
Omeganian chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Why did you change the Mirror Image case details so much?
CatBar chapter 4 . 1/13/2012
Fascinating reading! I always want to read ANYthing about Elijah, Daneel and Giskard - my favourite Asimov characters from my favourite Asimov robot novels. It's great to have such a well-analysed first-person POV and overview - which I'm hoping will inspire (and perhaps better-organize) my own written-from-the-heart but chaotic ramblings!

Hope there's more to come - a first-'person' POVs and overviews from Daneel and Giskard, maybe...?
stonegnome1 chapter 4 . 1/11/2012
I am sorry this story has not recieved more reviews.

It is an interesting format in a rate classification.

I wonder if there will be new material of if it is only a retrospective of his old cases. I hate to say I hope for a new murder but there it is.
gaschalk chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
You have probably been told of the mistake in spelling already but I will do so now. " You went to the seen of the crime" SEEN should be SCENE. I did not see too many other mistakes but you did exchange TWO with TOO or is it TO. A common mistake I see these days.

Now I was a little disappointed that you left the Harry Potter stories hanging but figured that you had reached a writer block on each one and had to start a story that did not contain HP. I do hope you will return to HP soon but understand that you can get too many chapters and realize that you have lost the path the story is taking.

Keep writing. I consider you one of the best and enjoyable writers in fanfiction.

stonegnome1 chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
An interesting piece on the philosophy and social structure of this fictional world, but what about the crime, the investigation, the solution?