Reviews for Falling Down
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Interesting perspective - it's as if it's seen by a passerby, but still from the view of the characters. A rather somber tone - but well written.

Thank you for posting this!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Wonderful. :)
alynwa chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing!
Svetlanacat chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Illya and Napoleon are both clear sighted but I agree with Illya; Napoleon's optimism save them, and... could save the world!
LaH Carabele chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
A very intense story, both in concept and in execution.

At the same time I found it kind of sad because it reflected so much of the... Hard to find the right word. The pettiness and disfunction of mankind I guess is the best way I can put it.

I'm definitely someone who prefers Solo's view of things. That somehow, some way things will turn out in the right because people are basically good. It may not be true, but hey where this is life there is hope, right?

I applaud you for taking on such a emotionally deep and mentally disturbing subject.
RoseLight chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
A perfect weaving of sharp personalities and lyrical vocabulary. The Tower of Babel reference " be like God," describes in one simple line the historic folly of Power. Our guys were merely "inconvenienced" by an explosion; how very stiff-upper-lip of them. "Nothing to be redeemed from the turmoil..." so true and terrible. And then the portrait of Solo :" sheer will of the man not to be bowed by the negative." IK, always with the burden of digging out Truth on his own; NS, seeing Truth but with determined optimisim. This is a wonderful piece of history and political dissection, true to their voices and the era. And a stunning last line, almost a prayer.
WendieZ chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
As disheartening as the Vietnam was, I really liked this story. How hard the two of them tried to voice their own feelings and still respect their partner's. Very nice piece of writing. Understated and elegant.
MLaw chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Absolutely brilliant. Your dialogue and insights between the optimistic view of Solo and the pragmatic fatalism of Illya are strong.

So many truisms here...:The men in power want to stay in power, and whatever they believe to be true they thrust onto the populace and demand obeisance to it...He believed the good existed everywhere, somewhere. He believed his leaders and would die in service to them if asked to lend that sacrifice."

Thank you for such a brilliant piece of writing!