Reviews for Snippets
faraways chapter 40 . 6/25/2013
This was amazing!

It was great to read about such an unheard of character, and I loved the dark moments and seeing more of the Death Eater life. Caradoc's story was so broken, the ending just shattered me into a thousand pieces.

Anyway, very eloquent writing - great description! Nice work!
Nessie-san chapter 40 . 1/21/2013
Wow. That's... wow. Awesome job on this. Really brilliant.
AnneNevilleReviews chapter 27 . 12/23/2012
Mauradercat-I know my review is coming WAAAAAY late on this 100 word challenge, which I had to suspend due to personal issues. However, I wanted to give you feedback!

I really like your drabble for Andromeda/Narcissa. It is quite an interesting concept to me that (if I understand you correctly) Narcissa is actually in love with Ted Tonks. No wonder she seems so stiff and unhappy in the books!

I also enjoy the glimpse you give us of Sirius (right?) as he turns the word his mother gave him into a badge of pride.

As for "Threshold," it's full of great imagery. However, I am not sure which two characters are involved in the scene.

Overall, I'd say you're doing a really good job give the characters a voice and/or creating a vivid scene. I do find I'm having trouble recognizing some of your characters. It's hard to do in 100 words or less-perhaps indicating in notes who you are writing about would help?

Anyway, now that I am reinstating the 100 word drabble challenge, I hope you'll keep participating!
Nessie-san chapter 39 . 12/20/2012
That's really sad and sweet and... just all-around sweet. So... "Uncle Charlie" would mean that she's... whose daughter? I suppose she could be Ron and Hermione's granddaughter... or anyone's granddaughter, really, with Bill and Fleur having Victoire, and Harry and Ginny having Lily, and Ron and Hermione having Rose... And I suppose Percy might have had daughters, and Charlie must've settled down sometime, and the remaining twin (I never can remember which is which... I know, *sits in corner as punishment*) might have married... I hope the remaining twin married. ANYWAY! Which line is she from? Also, this was really wonderful. Again, eloquent and sweet and sad. Beautiful job ')
Nessie-san chapter 38 . 12/20/2012
Poor Draco. I know he was severely depressed that year, and that he was scared for his life, but I never really thought about what that might mean for his emotional state, except during the bathroom scene, and then I was too worried about Harry and the book... Jesus, I've read them enough times that I should notice things like that... amazing job. This was really... well, not beautiful, because what happened was horrible, but the writing - it was so eloquent and sad - so, well, beautiful - and it made me love Draco even more. Wonderful job. Simple beautiful ')
ladyoftheknightley chapter 30 . 12/20/2012
Oh, this was adorable! I loved how you wrote Dudley's character development, and the Quidditch scene to - the action was very believably portrayed and it felt like I was there, too! Lovely fic, thanks for sharing :)
ladyoftheknightley chapter 37 . 12/19/2012
I loved this little story and insight into Minerva's mind, especially with the foreshadowing about what was going to happen in the next month. I love how you told the story from her cat form - it gave the reader an interesting perspective - and the three children Remus was helping. It would have been interesting to have seen a slightly longer version of their story, but as this is being told from Minerva's POV, it's understandable why you didn't expand on it. Overall, this was still a very enjoyable read - thanks for sharing :)
ladyoftheknightley chapter 36 . 12/15/2012
Oh wow, I loved this! I love Albus's dedication to solving the mystery - and how you made the story of the Hallows central to this fic - and how he pretended to have the Hallows as a child (especially as we know that the Cloak is in fact the real one). This was a great fic and I very much enjoyed reading it - thanks for sharing!
ladyoftheknightley chapter 33 . 12/14/2012
Oh, this managed to be hilariously funny and terribly sad at the same time - I *love* the way you've used the prompt here, and I love that it was Percy, of all people, to carry on the twins' pranking tradition. This was a truly lovely little fic - thanks for sharing!
Nessie-san chapter 37 . 12/13/2012
Very well done. I like thinking about McGonagall, especially since I read the thing on Pottermore that J.K. Rowling had about her life. It's always interesting to me, thinking about the ways her life could have been different, and thinking about the things she might've done. Awesome job -
Nessie-san chapter 36 . 12/13/2012
Lols XD Very interesting, to imagine the second Albus figuring out the secret of the Hallows, and also how his family is connected to them, and, by extension, to Voldemort's family. *shakes head* Almost prophetic, in a way. Awesome job on this snippet -
Nessie-san chapter 34 . 12/13/2012
It's interesting to think from Nagini's POV. Because of course, she would be just as complex a character as any of the humans, since Voldemort can speak Parsel Tongue, but apart from Harry's dream where he was Nagini in the fifth book, I'd never really thought about how Nagini would think about things. Awesome job -
ladyoftheknightley chapter 34 . 12/9/2012
This was a really innovative fic - I don't think I've ever read a story from Nagini's point of view before, but you told it very well and very believably (if that's even a thing I can say!) here. I liked how you wrote Nagini's thoughts on her Master, and how you tied this nicely into canon, too. Lovely little fic overall, thanks for sharing!
Books are air chapter 33 . 12/7/2012
GNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. GUNGNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHH. FFFFFEELS!
ladyoftheknightley chapter 31 . 12/7/2012
Aww, poor Severus! His denial here is really sad :( I like the way you wrote Lily and James' burgeoning relationship through his eyes, and the little references to canon. Overall this was well-written and fun to read - thanks for sharing!