Reviews for Five Scenes in the Life of Elizabeth III
fiesa chapter 1 . 5/9
This is a very, very well-done, precise, detailed and character-wise perfectly accurate rendition of all the Honor Harrington Books up to volume nine, I believe, written beautifully and absolutely enjoyable!

I really liked the way you briefly summarized all the major events and, by using Elizabeth's point of view, showed much of the political, military and also human impact Honor had on the Star Kingdom of Manticore (or Empire, nowadays) and on its Queen. You have captured her very well, in my opinion, along with her patience, her famous temper, her wish for justice and her hate for both the Havenites and for injustice in general. I liked the parallels she draws between the way justice is done after the Burdette Incident on Grayson, and how she regrets that this kind of justice couldn't be given to Honor by Manticore and the Queen herself. There also was, quite visibly, the fine line which separates Elizabeth the Queen and Elizabeth the woman. I think the only thing that could have been done to make this story even more perfect would have been to let the two of them meet, but in the end this one shot is more than perfect the way it is. I liked the setup - the five scenes, well-chosen and very helpful if I ever need to remember all the content of the prior books! :) - the people you used to paint the scenes and the occurrences, the little details, the dialogues, and the way you used official reports or messages (Benjamin's, for example, or Hamish's in the last paragraph) to explain the events. Especially the two ones mentioned above were favorites of mine, because they add a personal depth to the quick, accurate summary of the events. Benjamin's tiredness after the events on Grayson and his plea to allow Grayson to have a part of Honor, too, because it needs her desperately, and Hamish's elation at Honor's return and his immediate fury when he thinks of what was done to her completed the events wonderfully.

Another thing I liked a lot was the way you included Ariel, Justin and Monroe as Elizabeth's immediate family. I like the four of them a lot.

In conclusion, this was a wonderful read, enjoyable, beautifully done and written, and very, very well told. Thank you for sharing this story of yours! If I ever should be able to read the next volume of the series, I'd read your story first. For a brief summary - and for the beauty of it.
Terrence Rogue chapter 1 . 3/31
I absolutely adored this. I loved getting to see Honor through Elizabeth's eyes and you captured the world beautifully.
moon so bright chapter 1 . 2/8
Nice.
Cateagle chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Very nice and an interesting reverse look at these events from Elizabeth Winton's perspective. As we now know, Mike is taking point against Manpower and Mesa herself while Honor deals with other threats. Manticore does seem to develop very competent officers and looks to be infecting her allies with the same traits.
alichi chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Wow.

Just decided to hunt down some other HH fic after reading Effect of Diaspora once again and found this gem straight away.

Makes me want to re-read all the books again.
WLBjork chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Well, that was very well done.

However, I do have 3 nits to pick.

1. Nimitz was not in the chamber when Honor duelled with Mueller.

2. The Republic of Haven became the People’s Republic of Haven some time before the books. The Legislaturists were replaced by Pierre's Committee of Public Safety in the mentioned time frame.

3. Brigadier Tomas Ramirez is in the Manticoran Marines. His father Commodore Jesus Ramirez of the San Martin Navy was the POW Honor rescued from Hades.

As I say though, those are minor nits.
Sweedish Chef chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
You have got to add more!1111
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
It was nice to see Elisabeth's POV on the events in the books.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Love this short-long story! Brilliant insight into what Elizabeth must have been thinking with each of these messages - particularly loved that last one. :)
George J. Smith chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Very Nice!
64teeth chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Wow! Like whoa! My first Honor fanfic and what an amazing job you have made out of it! I never read any on this series because I thought the books are already too full and too perfect to write anything worth reading which won't be retelling but this fanfic definitely proved me wrong! And I'm glad forf it:-) :-)
Navn Ukjent chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Very nice fic that show the Honor series in a different light.
Tinnock chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I was looking for something with Elizabeth's point of view of finding out honor was alive, you gave me that and so much more. Thank you
chaossaurus chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
I'm not shamed to admit I got chills reading White Haven's dispatch. I must say well done and I'll certainly be reading it again. The only thing I thought was missing was Honors Code Zulu at Basilisk. I know it was mentioned but besides that. Excellent writing.
Drew1969 chapter 1 . 12/20/2013