Reviews for I'll Live to See Another Day
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 1/22
I've already reviewed this in AO3, but I figured I'd do it again here, so other people know how much I liked this.

The times when the space-time continuum was wrong were absolutely heart-rending. The fact that John's last thoughts in the first one were "Please, God, let HIM live" in place of "let ME live" is very telling. And I like that Lestrade was feeling grief. I mean, I don't like that he was in pain, but it's nice that he's grown to care for John too.

I don't know what Steel's talking about; I think "Stayin' Alive" is a great song. And at the end, I love the rhythm of "The dark-eyed seeker would not grieve. The slender-boned detective would not weep. The sandy-haired doctor-soldier-protector would not suffer." And the fact that Sapphire thinks all the men, even Sherlock, are good, is also very telling.

What I'm trying to say is, good job. Very good job.
SSilverDoe chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
Well written and observed, as always.
I used to love Sapphire and Steel when I was younger and recently sat for far too long watching it on you tube. Their appearance here in Sherlock's world was unexpected but seemed to fit so naturally into this particular scene.
Really enjoyed it, thanks.
Radon65 chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
I really liked this. I am not familiar with Sapphire and Steel, so I suspected that this might be some kind of crossover, but I rather figured that they were just original characters that you came up with. Either way, they were well done - fleshed out enough that they made perfect sense and were interesting, but not overemphasised to the point that they detracted from the Sherlock characters. This was an interesting idea (I was actually thinking Time Agents from Doctor Who during it) and I liked the repetitious openings for each sequence - which were kind of heartbreaking each time everything went to hell and people died, so I, like Sapphire, was very happy when it all felt together correctly.

I liked how you described the "rightness" and the "wrongness" of the competing scenarios and the writing, the description and introspection overall was quite good. I very much enjoyed Sapphire's thoughts and perspective, and I also liked the inner thoughts she gleaned from Sherlock and John in the moments before death. I especially liked Sherlock's embrace of John before he died - and how John understood what it meant in his last seconds. This was sad and then ultimately happy, well written, and an enjoyable new spin on the scene. Very well done. I had fun.
Peekaboo42 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Again, I am aghast that your excellent stories are not enjoyed by more people. I like this story best. I've never seen Sapphire and Steele. Must check it out.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
What an idea for a crossover! You've done justice to "Sapphire and Steel" as well as to the Sherlock world and I am impressed. I can picture them investigating and then setting things to rights, which is, after all, their assignment.

Very nicely done!
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
You my friend are a guy (?) after my own heart. What a masterful blending of universes. Well done.
Riya Morut chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I'm going to have to check out Sapphire and Steel now; it sounds interesting!
ValaEnVash chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Oooh that was REALLY good. Well done! Now I'm off to check out Sapphire and Steel. THANKS!
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Very clever. I understood it even though I never heard of the other show. The initial scene of what shouldn't have happened was really touching!
Nienna Telrunya chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
In fact, I *love* Sapphire and Steel. And Sherlock. And an excellent story with both? If I weren't in the library, I'd get up and dance for joy. Maybe, a little later, I shall.
Arisprite chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Finally watched the Sherlock ep, so I'm going through to read the stuff I missed. Your's is the first, and I like it a lot. At first I was rather confused, but I got it after reading further. I really like the concepts from the other work your crossed it over with, Sapphire and Steel. It seems more and more true that Sherlock can be crossed with anything :) Great work with this! As always, I simply love your writing!

Cheers, and I hope you had a lovely holidays!

Ari
HKay chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I find the idea of a time traveling Moriarty completely horrifying! Glad everything work out for best case scenario. That means we get more episodes of Sherlock! Can't wait.
owl-eats-waffles chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Beautiful, poetic and moving... Also, you've explained Saphire and Steel really well- I'd not heard of them, but its well enough written to stand on its own... Brilliant!
The Red Fedora chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Nice piece. Very interesting
Jason Layton chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
hmmm Saphire and Steel :)

Jas xx