Reviews for To Catch a Killer
graystar19 chapter 6 . 12/26/2015
OK so I just started reading to catch a killer and was going to wait till I was done to review, but I love this to much! I love how everyone is older, the clever tie ins, the humor, the action, everything! I feel like I'm watching Castle, but it is so much better with the Fullmetal cast!
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
Great plot and chapter
ArtofthePlate chapter 17 . 5/23/2015
"I really do love these tiny shrimp…never know just how they'll surprise you, but you can devour them all the same." I see what you did there...
ArtofthePlate chapter 10 . 5/22/2015
You don't know how happy it makes me to find that you included characters from "Prince of the Dawn;" that game looks so interesting, but it's not even subbed! Why, Japan?

This is the first chapter I'm reviewing, but I want to say that I love the setup you had for Ed and the Ouroborous gang. I hope I'll enjoy the rest of this fic just as much!
Blue Teller chapter 24 . 4/27/2015
What a read! :D Let's review.
First, I must say I really admire your dedication to the story. The plot was very solid, characters and relationships very well developed, and the ending was VERY satisfying. To sum it up, I enjoyed it a lot.
Now, let's get to the criticism. I couldn't help but notice that some villains, their plans and motivations were very simplified. It's not necessarily a bad thing - sometimes it's good not to overcomplicate things. However, this didn't include as many twists as you would expect from a crime story like this. Don't get me wrong, there were a couple of good twists - for example Alphonse's fake kidnapping. But Bradley turned out to be... quite a pathetic mastermind, to be honest. I don't understand why he let Edward and Mustang go after they confronted him the first time. Actually, I think it was a very stupid move on their part, not to mention pointless. What exactly were they trying to gain again? A confession? Not likely. But why Bradley just let them go with no consequences? I can buy that he didn't want to kill them because that would attract unwanted attention from the police - provided that Bradley wasn't nearly as influential as he was made out to be as the head of it. Because really, after the whole Ishval thing and killing all those cups and covering it up without any problem, why couldn't he get rid of two more snooping men? Or, if he really couldn't, why didn't he - for instance - threaten Winry or Gracia, or take a hostage? Or SOMETHING. It's like he didn't have any back up plan, or anything. And why did he send Envy of all people to talk to Mustang? The person who killed his best friend and he'd been looking for for the past two years? It should have been obvious it wasn't a good idea. I don't care what Raven could have told, that move was idiotic.
With that's said, the plot wasn't horrible - it was just kind of weak at some points. I expected Ed and Roy to have a looooot more problems with taking down the higher-ups, sort of like in the manga. But oh well. Your story, your rules, I suppose.
There are a couple things left that I'd like to address.
First, Ling as the president. How should I put this... I LOVED IT! XD He's so funny and acting like a teenager and munching food off Ed and Winry just like in the anime, or how he married Lan Fan, his bodyguard - that's really sweet :) And it totally fit into the story, he wasn't just a useless character. He was just great.
Second, Mustang as a detective. I liked his new role. He didn't murder thousands of civilians, but he's still the gloom, brooding man who seeks revenge after Hughes' death. He was really well done and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't touched by the backstory of his friendship.
Three, Hohenheim. It was one thing that remained unclear. What exactly Hohenheim did to make Ed hate him? I'm quite curious, and I hope you continue that storyline in the sequel (which, by the way, I'll certainly be reading).
And the last point, Dante as the president. This itself sounds downright ominous. It all went down too smoothly. Did she let Bradley fall on purpose? What is she up to? Is she going to continue pulling strings in the shadow and lead Homunculus Corp? And, was she Hohenheim's lover in this story as well? Is that part of the problem of Ed's relationship with his father? I'm willing to bet Dante is going to be a big part of your sequel.
That's all I wanted to say. Once again, thank you very much, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your effort. In my opinion the story is pretty good and you should continue writing. :) Have a nice day!
Guest chapter 23 . 4/12/2015
I loved the story it had the tellings of a john grisham novel mixed with some james patterson I hope to see the sequel up soon maybe make it a series
waddiwasiwitch chapter 24 . 3/8/2015
Great story that I thoroughly enjoyed.
seireidoragon chapter 23 . 12/6/2014
This was an amazing story and I loved reading it!
tsukiaka chapter 23 . 10/2/2014
This is my first FMA AU and absolutely loved it! Everything fit together perfectly :D
fangirl2013 chapter 24 . 8/13/2014
I cant wait for the second story.
TheWriter222 chapter 5 . 8/8/2014
Man this story is getting me depressed. My poor Hughes, destined to be murdered no matter what universe he's in.
TheWriter222 chapter 4 . 8/8/2014
Since when does Barry have a boss? (Minus the homunculi)
Hmmm

Loving this, dude, great job. I love this for no other reason other than that it is a wonderful FMA fic
TheWriter222 chapter 2 . 8/8/2014
Aww yay Al and Mei are here! I was actual gonna ask if al would show, but I did t have to! Great job
TheWriter222 chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
Question: why didn't u put Falman in? Or is there a reason?

I like it so far. I get and NCIS feel from this. Good good. I'm usually not for murder mysteries bt since it's FMA and u r my beloved senpai I will read this so far beautiful thing. Love the lighter for mustang, works great.

-TW222
RascalKat chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Mmmm... curious indeed! Why the heck wouldn't I want to read a story like this, considering one of my possible career paths involved Forensics? :) This is great so far, I'm definitely intrigued! On to the next chapter, though XD
257 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »