Reviews for Bedtime Stories
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
This was great: little details like Claudus' scrunched-up face really made the Thundercats world feel real. You manage to really give Tygra a history, make it feel like he knows his bed and his family as well as, well, he would.

I love how you've fleshed out the mother with things like "The artist had skimped on Silvermane's muscles, making her slender and willowy, pressed lovingly against Tygrus's side like some appendage." The jab at the way females are portrayed - in Thundercats as well as in the media in general - was great, and we need more of that in fanfic. I like how the parents' rivalry mirrors what we see in the show.

This "He must be gentle, the baby was small and delicate. He must be understanding, the baby would be king. " is brilliant. The rhythm is great too.

That Snarf bit. Is wonderful.

I've been looking for good Thundercats fic and am glad I found this.
MadroxMR chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Now that was a brilliant piece of work. I loved how you gave every cat a section, even Snarf, and how it all tied together at the end. Panthro's section made me smile, Cheetara's gave a good kind of chills. But both Tygra's and Lion-o's were my favorites. I especially liked the information about Tygra's mom and how the two artist portrayed her. Lion-o and his young quest to find a technology to help. And how the two princes enjoyed two very different kinds of stories. But my absolute favorite section was the end, which not only rang true to the canon, and the characterization of each character, but made sense and was something I could whole-heartedly agree with. This was really a worthwhile contribution to the category.
Skylark Evanson chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
In all honesty, this is the first ThunderCats story I've read. And it was superb! Your simple sentences and flowing dialogue are brilliant. Grune's piece was hysterical. And the cubs' use of El Dara is so true, sadly. It's a reason to keep going. Cheetara's introspective look on it was really flawless. She would be the one to pick at it and try to sort the truth from the lie.

And since I'm a really out of tune fan who hasn't done any research or anything, is the story with Silvermane and Tygrus true? That Lion-O and Tygra are really half-brothers?

Really, this was great. Long and perfect, no grammatical mistakes, no spelling issues, just really amazing. I love it. Thank you for writing this :)

Sky
Bee chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I really enjoyed reading this. I liked the patchwork of the different perspectives and stories tying together so well, fitting each character.
Philip Gipson chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I believe this makes a very interesting bedtime story in its own way. Excellently written and in character. You should be proud. No new "ThunderCats" episodes will air till March, so that gives fanfic writers like you a chance to give us really good filler till that day comes. :-)
Luna de Papel chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Nicely done.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I've only seen a handful of Thundercats episodes from wayyy back when, and none of the new series, so I don't recognize more than the character names. But I still thoroughly enjoyed this! Indeed, stories are what keep most of us going.