Reviews for Painted from Memory
A-Little-More-Magic chapter 1 . 2/24/2019
This made me cry, laugh, and cry some more, I love it.
Red chapter 1 . 5/20/2015
This is SO sweet! I've not watched Birthright, but I decided to read this anyway, as, as far as I know, I'm familiar with all the people Data has lost. I repeat, this is really sweet.
PsykoJinx chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
I love this and all your other stories. They've been keeping me up till four in the morning! I actually have a bit of a request. Could you write about Data's thinking about Yar after he has the emotion chip installed? And perhaps just pondering emotions in general? Maybe he'd need counseling from Troi? haha

I look forward to any works you do in the future, even if they're not my request :)
Rowena Zahnrei chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Marvelous.
Rhapsodystar chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Awwww! This made me cry! Not many Data stories make me cry but this one definitely did! I only just realised who's who in the picture but in the descriptions of the eyes makes it obvious. I'll keep my thoughts to myself right now but awwwwwwwwwwww!
Hawki chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
If I were to describe this oneshot in one word, it would be "flat." But before you get disheartened, this isn't entirely a criticism.

-What makes it flat in a bad way, objectively speaking, is the nature of the nouns in some cases. Data did this, Geordi did that, Data said this, etc. Some of this comes down to personal writing style, but I find that alternating between proper and common nouns (e.g. alternating "Data" and "Geordi" with "the android" and "the engineer" for instace) can introduce some variety into the fic. There's also the lack of a distinct POV in the story, and not much insight into the thought processes of the two.

-What makes it flat in a good way is how Data is portrayed. It's not a writing style I think feels that natural, and is better suited to visual media, but regardless, I think you've got a good grasp of the nature of his interaction. He interacts with Geordi in simple statements, and remembering their interaction together from the show (admittedly, only as far as the end of season 2 at this time of writing), I think it suits his character well. The nature of his art is also noteworthy. There's at least an effort to go beyond simple duplication of Yar.

So yeah. Mixed bag. But I'll concede that Data probably isn't an easy character to write for, and that at least was done well.
betazoid4 chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Very sweet and to the point. Thank you for showing how Data "feels" about Lal and Tasha. I love the Georgia O'Keefe painting of Tasha, I was blushing along with Geordi when he realized what it was. I think Data displays more emotion when he paints and when he plays his music... Anyway, I'm babbling just wanted to say nice job.
Sands12 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
I love this story so much! It's so touching and sweet. I feel teary-eyed every time I read this.
kraftykathy chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I think this is my favorite short story. I love that so many of the pictures represent Tasha. And the cat and the raven picture - that was so very sweet!
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I seriously enjoyed this oneshot. Beautiful job!
BatMonkey81 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
So good! Love that you've already leapt into the realm of late series feelings about Tasha's death. This kind of thing is exactly what I had hoped to see. You mention 'Birthright' has me seriously fancying a Data and Tasha dream sequence.
trance47 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Really good little story.