Reviews for The Burglar Bold and Dragon Dread
blueskydog chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Very nice!
TaurusBabe93 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
This is great! Tolkien would be proud
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I liked that! It was interesting to read someone’s (who isn’t Tolkien ;) poetry based on The Hobbit, and I thought you did well with the rhyme scheme. I loved the “faery-tale-esque” use of the terms “Dragon Dread” and “Burglar Bold.” It added a lot of charm to the piece! :D

I admire your courage to write such a long poem in rhyming verse, since it can be (well, at least for me: I’m a pretty awful poet!) a challenge to keep up a pattern for that long. That’s one of the things I admire most about Tolkien’s poetry: the way his rhyme and/or alliteration flows so naturally from one line to the next, keeping up the same template. But I digress: You did a pretty good job of that, as well. Sometimes, I thought the rhyme of two words was a bit of a stretch, what with endings and such, but for the most part your scheme was consistent.

I also thought you could have used a bit more specific imagery, rather than just telling the story, which the reader will know. However, I know that it’s just a fun poem, very lighthearted, so I think it’s okay that you just recorded the events in verse for the most part. Good work!

The Random Hummingbird chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
You have such lovely prose skills! I really wish I could make such a poem; the description is beautiful and the whole poem feels very real.
charland77 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
hey this story is awesome and you should totally continue it:)