Reviews for Contra Mundum
Stupid Froggy chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
This right here. It was lovely. Keep doing what you do.
FallingFireStar chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
This is truley wonderful, please, please write more!
Isolde von der Wiese chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This was so well in character and style, and so lovely 3
robyn redhead chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Oh this is wonderful! You've captured the characters perfectly.
TheWeightOfEmptiness chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This is sublime. BR is one of my favorite books and what I love so much about it is mostly the prose, the fluid, running prose and the relationship between these two men and you capture both those things perfectly! I felt as though I were reading a few pages that were ripped from the book itself. Well done and if you write any more, I will certainly read it.
AWobbuffetLover chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
I love it! It is so well written, and I can imagine Charles and Sebastian saying the exact same words in the book. I hope you can write more Brideshead Revisited fanfics soon :)
Lidell chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Absolutely beautiful. I've been rewatching the miniseries and as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of the book I'm going to devour it all over again, like I always do. Your writing is at points as sensual and evocative as Waugh's: no mean compliment yet deserved for certain snippets. The opening paragraph is gorgeous and the moment of succumbing perfectly, divinely encapsulates the 'sacred and profane.' Your understanding of the book's characterisation and conflict is flawless, and your style is honestly immaculate for this 'lost memory.' If you ever write any more Brideshead Revisited fanfic, I would jump to read it.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This is perfect - it reads like something that could have been in Brideshead; something the censors took out! Everyone is so in-character and I love love love your Sebastian (and Aloysius!) and them getting especially drunk and Sebastian's hesitation and just everything. Favoriting!