Reviews for Thus Spake the Lord
Amy05 chapter 6 . 3/4/2012
I'm going to review your story because even though I'm new to this place, having so few people left in the fandom makes it like a small community and I've been feeling like a very bad, bad girl - not interacting. It didn't really feel like I have something to say, because I'm interested in the more "Earthly" aspects of JoA and I tend to ignore all the supernatural stuff (the very basis of this show, yeah, I know), which is mostly the very basis of other works around. Anyway, I'm rambling. I love, love your writing. It's terribly hard to find a mature writing in the fanfic world and it seems like you've read your fair chunk of books. And I admire your inclination towards philosophy. Keep putting on paper those thoughts!
SANDEFUR chapter 6 . 2/11/2012
Reviewing chapters five and six, I like the ending as it was not a cliche catch-the-bad-guy, next assignment please type of denouement. As to the camp counselor who published Joan's case history but changed the names, I'm not sure that violates ethical standards. Don't doctors do that sort of thing all of the time in order to spread interesting, potentially helpful information to each other? As for Will's attitude, I think he is mistaking people who use religion toward unethical ends with Joan's situation, who really is getting direct instructions from God. The 'ethics' there seem simple, the disobedience of God is the very definition of sin. We can not judge by man's standards of ethics. God is not inconsistent, so an action is approved by him because it is right, and it is right because God would approve of it. In philosophy vs faith, faith wins.

SANDEFUR chapter 4 . 2/4/2012
Still liking the story, and I was glad to have an appearance by Judith. Wondering, is Judith's ghost visible by all, or just to those specially touched by God like Helen and Joan?

SANDEFUR chapter 3 . 1/25/2012
Fascinated by how many directions this story could take. It's turning into a 'Dickens' of a tale. Look forward to the next update.

SANDEFUR chapter 2 . 1/12/2012
Things are moving along with the big question is this new girl like Joan as yet unanswered. I was glad of the reminder of the time when Joan smashed Adam's sculpture and she was charged by Price with destroying another's property. In fact, Adam gave the sculpture to Joan before the art show so he had no right to sell it and Joan had every right to destroy her own property. (It always bugged me that detail was overlooked in the series.)

SANDEFUR chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Great start. I especially liked the early exchange between Joan and God:"You know how I'm doing. You're omniscent."/"I find it polite to ask." This reminds me of the earliest episodes of the series when God would tell Joan she doesn't have to explain her thought process because he is omniscent. The series writers quickly realized their mistake because that approach shut down any interaction between the two. Looking forward to the next chapter.