Reviews for Exodus
Shandrial chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Another good chapter. I am so enjoying Mace and Obi-Wan as a team lol. I love Mace in this. I love Obi in this. And together they're great!I love Mace's inner thoughts, so cynical hehe. And Obi's got the right touch of dry wit.
Valairy Scot chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
I let myself be persuaded, and not by Jinn. No, I let young Kenobi here sway me, turn me over to the grey twilight region known as the Jinn side of the Force, where the only rule is "break all the rules."

I need to stop this train of thought. It's negative, and unfair. It would be far more profitable to use the energy for something else. I think when we all return to the Temple, I'm going to make Qui Gon my private sparring partner for one whole month. Three hours a day. That's about how long it would take me to leave every inch of his obnoxious frame bruised and burning. He is a fantastic swordsman, after all. Almost as good as me. Blast. Now his apprentice is looking at me. I know my mental shields are impenetrable, but he likely enough felt some emotion there. Yes, son. I want to wallop your master within an inch of his life. Just accept it.

Ha ha.

You know, just once, ONCE I'd like Qui-Gon to miscalculate or be wrong and either the Council and/or Obi-Wan be correct. Surely he's not the ONLY Jedi to listen/act purely on the Force and do the altruistic thing because sometimes what seems that best option can backfire.

But Qui-Gon will see to it that the slaves ARE rescued (which is of course more than laudable, and desirable) and I'm sure there will be no lasting repercussions (other than daily sparring with Mace).
donahermurphy chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
I do wonder hat Obi-Wan would have been like as Mace's Padawan; oddly, I think they would have been good for each other. Very different, and I think Obi-Wan would have emerged a slightly different man, but I think they would have been at least as good for each other as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were.

...Trying to imagine Mace Windu's reaction to finding the Chosen One. Hey , if the Force had intended Mace to find the boy, he might have reached the quite reasonable xonxlusion that SOMEONE needed to train this kid, and it better not be a Darksider or the ay would all be in in very deep... well, you get the picture.
pronker chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Mace has this well under control and I like the sense that Obi-Wan received the secondhand vision and had the sense of self to feel /violated./ Whether they have a close bond or not, throwing unsettling visions out into the ether like that is overbearing. Also liked the allusion to Jinn's age in that he doesn't want to upset his digestion; he /is/ self-aware.
Irene Djo chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
" Three hours a day. That's about how long it would take me to leave every inch of his obnoxious frame bruised and burning. He is a fantastic swordsman, after all. Almost as good as me. Blast. Now his apprentice is looking at me. I know my mental shields are impenetrable, but he likely enough felt some emotion there. Yes, son. I want to wallop your master within an inch of his life. Just accept it."

Geri K chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Mace you can be a cranky old man when you want to be, but leave poor Obi-Wan alone don't brow beat the padawan, kick the master when you find him. I'm liking this story.

Good job.
pronker chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Quite interesting to see Mace's mind at work - he is not a Councilmember for nothing - and I bet even Qui-Gon shall learn from this mission.
Jeune Circe chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Ohhhhh damn Qui Gon! He managed to put his apprentice in a bad position with the Council even though he tried not to, did he though about it?

I have always like Master Windu, haha hard in the outside, soft in the inside, he's such a nice character, and I really like that Obi Wan and him become friends once the padawan becomes a master.

Damn Qui Gon, does he ever think the consequences of his acts? ... ok, scratch that, I know he doesn't care about the future, only the here and now, let others (cough cough Obi Wan cough) be bother with the consequences of his acts.

I don't think the council will think of taking his apprentice away, he may help keeping him in check, but then again, Obi Wan needs to be more clever than his master... such bad position, serving two masters, one will always be disappointed.

Keep it up! )
Shandrial chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
I have enjoyed this story so far! Very good. I am intrigued to see how Obi-Wan and Mace will get Qui and the slaves free. And I know Qui-Gon does what he must and all, but I hope he fully understand and regrets getting his apprentice in trouble with the Council, knowing full well Obi-Wan would argue to help him, before he let himself be taken. Forcing the Council's hand is one thing, taking advantage of your charge is another. I'm with Obi-Wan on this one, I disapprove lol.
Valairy Scot chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
I'm so laughing inside - I bet Mace secretly agrees with Obi-Wan's sentiments but he has to play the Councilor. And official inquiry - pffft - Yoda would probably congratulate Obi-Wan while whacking Qui-Gon's shins.
Irene Djo chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
"His absurdly triumphant grin makes the Feorians cringe and withdraw even further, pressing themselves into the walls and muttering in their low, mournful voices. Beobu thinks he has scored a victory against me. I hold my tongue, knowing that the sudden surge of pleasure I feel at his statement will not show on my face. After all, I am the best sabaac player I know."

My immature reaction: BAHA.

My more mature reaction: I love the whit that you throw in there. Hilarious.

" If Yoda were here, he would laugh at me. Probably rap my shins with his stick. I can hear the Master's words. "Fool me you do not, Mace Windu. A tarbu-crab you are. All hard outside, all soft inside." "

PERFECT description of Mace Windu.
donahermurphy chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
Ooh.

I wonder to what extent Qui-Gon will even feel guilty for getting Obi-Wan into such official trouble, if he does at all.
pronker chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
Ahah, a present tense story - and Mace is on the way. Good to see him out of the Council chambers and in action.
pronker chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Lovely byplay with Mace and Qui-Gon; I liked the sense of sparring via verbal means on both their parts.
LadySaxophone chapter 2 . 1/3/2012
Thank you for your update. Qui Gon's quite a clever one isn't he?
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »