Reviews for You're just so pretty in your pain
BlueMoonLove1999 chapter 56 . 4/25
Honestly this is really sad but I have to do this. Please, please, PLEASE continue. I thought in the beginning Shizuo would end up saving Izaya and he'd slowly get better and they'd have a good relationship... Now I realize after reading all 56 chapters that this isn't so.. And it's killing me.. I used up a good few hours reading this lol You had me glued, so kudos to you for that. It was so intriguing, the entire story. I felt like I was there, almost like it was all happening to me. I can only wonder how psychologically messed up I am now because I read the whole thing. I felt so much pain reading this, it hurt so much. Is it sad to say I almost liked the burn? I don't want him to be dead though it is a beautifully horrific ending. Do you think you could make an alternate ending as a new fic? I'm sure everyone would love it. If you're still around, I'd love to at least hear from you. What was it like writing this?
Guest chapter 56 . 7/13/2014
I love this. So much. Please don't abandon this story ;-; You wrote this so well.
Keya chapter 56 . 7/8/2014
Is this it? Thats the end?
Guest chapter 4 . 5/14/2014
Make. Them. LONGER!
Munsterbat chapter 56 . 1/11/2014
So I just briefly went through the reviews; guys it's not for real so who cares if the last chapter 'didn't make any sense'
Made sense to me since I can use my imagination, just saying.
All the love to the author who wrote this as well as for his or hers imagination and posting this for us to read; it was well-written and if I may say so; great! Really breathtaking heartbreaking and yea
Munsterbat chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Whoa wait, did Izaya die? O_o
Awesome story nonetheless! You really caught the characters :3
Izzyismycat chapter 56 . 12/23/2013
The relationship between Izaya and his various family members is so well-written, along with the timing- nothing is rushed- unusual in fanfiction. The torture scenes toward the end, though, are a little abrupt (not to mention some of the things don't make much sense)- fifteen chapters of the same torture tends to get the point across. Plus, the overall story-line seems to shift. Not sure if this is about someone overcoming their 'bad' or someone submitting to it. Anyway, it's probably very satisfying to those who do not pay much attention to these kind of details, though setting your standards for writing that little bit lower is a bit sad, especially because the beginning (between chapters 1 through 42) gave this story a lot of potential.
TitansfancyKirauser chapter 56 . 7/30/2013
Continuation?
IziHara chapter 56 . 7/13/2013
You gonna continue this?
I really hope so!
Not a Writer chapter 56 . 6/17/2013
MORE DAMNIT! I NEED MORE!
Whyntir chapter 55 . 6/5/2013
Rereading this, I realized something. The last chapter makes, like, no sense. The man is shot, yeah. and Izaya is there, yes. But Izaya is also shot. He would be taken in by the police as a survivour and witness to a murder. To assume he is the killer, even with his hand prints on a gun, is ludicrous, especially when HE WAS SHOT. It is only too obviously a set up. No police officer with mental retardation would buy that he killed the man, seeing as the gun was only fired so many times, and once in Izaya, second, the gun is either missing or had Shiki's hands on it from when he shot Izaya. Can you say fail? With the absence of a weapon, specifically the gun that was fired, they would know that someone else was there. Even if Shiki left the gun, they would know the same weapon used to kill the officer also shot Izaya. This is where the fanfiction runs into the wall at top speed. Sadly, it just splats like a cartoon. Nothing about this setup works. I don't know if you realized this and that's why the update is taking a while, or if you really didn't think about it at all. I mean, CSI basics. If you watch TV (and even I don't) you would know that they would be able to figure this stuff out. Heck, if you used the internet. They can tell what sort of gun was fired in order to make a wound, and the bullet would still be there. Even if you used a bullet that shatters on contact, the wounds would be similar and that'll give it away instantly.
Arinna Neo Conquerra chapter 56 . 6/3/2013
I don't know what to say... Well... It's too amazing till I feel speechless! Continue, please?
eccentricpanda801 chapter 56 . 5/19/2013
What a beautiful dark story! Please continue writing!
Dave Stridick chapter 56 . 5/19/2013
OH MY GOD I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS IT IS AMAZING HOLY SHIT GURL THIS IS ONE OF MY TOP THREE FICS EVER PLEEEASE UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE3 OMG I LOVE THIS
Guest chapter 56 . 5/19/2013