Reviews for Roots Of A Legend
Josh14Raider chapter 22 . 8/13/2012
Wow! I did not expect this from Viva Pinata!. First about the chapter itself, this is wonderfully written and vividly imaginative chapter :) There is a lot of drama at the start, and as soon as Cueraça took Ameena through the portal, it sounded like a beautiful place. You must have done a bit of research for bits like cosmos etc :) Not forgetting the emotional feeling from Cueraça as he saw Ameena take off her mask :) Very nice chapter, i really enjoyed reading it :)
Epic Laughter chapter 25 . 7/15/2012
Sorry for the delay in reviewing but I've been sooooooo busy these past few days!

This epilogue is SO GREAT! Aww, Patch is so unbelievably sweet. I'm glad he's happy that Dastardos rescued Ameena and not jealous! He really is a great man. :3

Leafos' thoughts about Stardos are great too! Oh, Leafos, if only you knew...

And Ameena's mother and brother are coming to visit? How EXCITING! I can't wait to meet them!

Thank you for writing yet another AMAZING story, Eva! As usual, I can't wait for more! :3
Epic Laughter chapter 24 . 7/13/2012
WOOOOOOOW, this is...all I can say is WOW!

Just INCREDIBLE! Man, you said you were unsure about some parts, but I'm REALLY not seeing it! This flows so well, it's INTENSE, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time...AMAZING!

Seedos and Dastardos had the best scenes, I think. Seedos actually FIGHTING and talking to the plant was GREAT, and Dass saving Ameena was just too sweet! I bet Patch is going to FLIP once he hears about all this; I guess it's a good thing he didn't know, he would have worried himself SICK about Ameena!

I love how you integrated magic into the Island's culture as well since it's pretty much canon that some people can conjure/summon items out of thin air. Great work!

Intense, amazing, and SUPER COOL, this chapter is an A for sure! AHHH, looking forward to the rest of this story! I'm sure you'll wrap it up PERFECTLY!
Epic Laughter chapter 23 . 7/8/2012
Oh, Eva, you are such a TEASE, ending on a cliffhanger like that! I'm SO excited for more I can barely think straight!

Poor Ameena; she must be absolutely TERRIFIED! Dastardos' appearance surprised me; I wonder if his inability to be hurt will be helpful in this battle, unless the Gods can hurt him!

Cueraça is SUCH a dirty liar! I expected that to happen, but him promising not to hurt her and then turning her over to be EATEN by another Dark God? What an ass!

To be honest, I was hoping Dastardos and Cueraça would have a showdown. Reaper vs Reaper! This is gonna be EXCITING!
Epic Laughter chapter 22 . 7/6/2012
INCREDIBLE, as always! :D The descriptions of Neragua were so amazingly vivid that I felt like I was actually there! Ameena actually LIKING Cueraça a bit was completely unexpected, as well!

Glad to see that Ameena isn't being seduced by Neragua; I can only imagine what the Dark Gods would do in response, though, oh man!

Bart's impulsive actions at the beginning were BRILLIANT. I can totally see him getting angry like that! FANTASTIC work!

I'm excited to see what happens next! You're such a fantastic writer; you practically improve with every PARAGRAPH! :D
Epic Laughter chapter 21 . 6/29/2012
Man, the gods STILL are super interesting! Neat that Ameena's related to one of the Dark Gods as well! Oh man, I wonder what will happen now that Cueraça is heading out...nothing good, I imagine! I wonder if he'll attempt a conflict with Dastardos...I hope not, for the reaper's sake! Nothing good came out of last time Dastardos tangled with the Dark Gods!

I'm REALLY excited for more! You're really building up the suspense...I'm super impressed! :D
Epic Laughter chapter 20 . 6/25/2012
DEAR GOD THIS IS SO AWESOME! One of your best chapters yet! I'm honestly speechless and I don't know where to start! :D

Your English has improved SO MUCH, wow! I still love the relationship between Ameena and Leafos; they're such wonderful friends! Nice of Leafos to take Ameena so many places to see the Island!

Glad to see Bart again, also glad to see that he's attracted to Gretchen in your ficverse, too!

Can't wait to see how Ameena reacts to the news! OMG, AMAZING work!
Epic Laughter chapter 19 . 6/20/2012
OH MAN, you weren't kidding about this chapter being surprising!

Your ideas for the Gods are so interesting and complex...I've said it a MILLION times, but all the thought you put into the mythology is AMAZING! :D

So cool to get backstory, and it's so neat that Ameena's a descendant! That explains a WHOLE LOT!

I'm excited to see what happens with this! Oh man! :D
Epic Laughter chapter 18 . 6/15/2012
Sorry it took so long to review this FANTASTIC thing!

I LOVE the bit where Katchie woke up Ameena! Wheatley does the same thing with me all of the time! :D

Seedos is always so sad in your stories. I can't say I blame him, he has it really bad. I just want to knit him a sweater, hug him, and tell him everything will be okay. :( Poor guy!

I love the idea of Leafos being good at cooking desserts! Just seems like she would be. :3

Really sounds like a lovely party! So glad Ameena enjoyed it! :D

Glad to see Sahari showing up again! You write her very cutely, even when her role is small! I look forward to seeing you write her more! :3

Babochka giving Ameena the ring was absolutely adorable! As was Patch's response to it! Him thinking it was a ring from a guy was HILARIOUS!

You wrote Babochka super cutely too! So funny and adorable! Love how Ameena wore the ring just to make her happy.

Fannie's comment about Atsou being cute made me laugh too! She's boy crazy, that one! :P

Petula snubbing her was soooo rude, though! Glad Ameena felt bad for her. Ameena's so sweet :3

That necklace sounds lovely, too!

Love how Katchie ignored Petula too, hehe! He has a much better owner now!

A cameo from Eddie too! That made me grin so wide!

You wrote Gretchen really well, that's perfect! Looking forward to seeing what having those Mallowolves will lead to.

The last bit with Dastardos was great! Looking forward to see Ameena's reaction to that gift!

Dass has some kindness hidden deeeeeeep down inside, giving a gift to someone who is nice to his brother. What a guy. :D

Epic Laughter chapter 17 . 5/31/2012
This was BRILLIANT! A super long chapter starring my favorite VP character? What a treat!

Poor little sweetie, though. It makes me sad to see him so scared and vulnerable. I'm glad Ameena was kind to him and I hope his Shellybeans will be okay :(

Seedos not being willing to talk about his feelings is PERFECT. Really shows that the poor kid has some serious trust issues and that he's been affected by Dass getting injured. :( I wonder if he'll ever be able to forgive Patch...

Man, Jardiniero freaking out was PERFECT, too! I liked how Leafos jumped to Seedos' defense. That's sweet of her.

I like how you mentioned that Mother was...quite flirtatious! Even having Jardiniero doubting Seedos' parentage, oh man, glad you have similar ideas to me in that department! :D

Jardy not knowing Seedos' age, though...heartbreaking. He really is an awful father.

Seedos being super suspicious about Patch and Dastardos...oh man, super perfect. It's hard to get over someone stabbing your brother and then trying to revive him, to boot, I imagine!

This whole chapter was FANTASTIC. I'm looking forward to the rest, as always! ;w;
TLOSpyrogirl chapter 16 . 5/22/2012
Okay, crit time again.

Chapter 2:

The plural is 'wolves'; the singular noun is 'wolf'.

-Were they too enthiusiast to pick up any sound at all?- Enthusiastic.

Chapter 3:

-''A long, long time ago, back when ordinairy people built temples for the extra-ordinairy Gods they worshipped, there lived a Priestress called Platia.- Ordinary and extra-ordinary.

-What in the world was you going to do with a Jameleon?- Were, not was.

-if anyone ever catched her in the Sanctuary of Data, she would not only lose her postion as a Priestress, she would also be executed before the dusk of dawn...- Caught, not catched.

-What controlled her more than her fears and nerves, were the surprisement and dissappointment in the contents of the rolls...- Disappointment, and typo. And 'surprisement' isn't exactly a word. Maybe you could move the sentence around, say Platia was surprised at how disappointing the contents of the scrolls were?

-What if woever, whatever this thing was had done something horrible to the Barkbark?- Whoever.

-He'd even held a little speach, which Ameena'd found touching, in a way.- Speech.

-'I've know Daisy from when she was a young, young seed!- Known.

Chapter 5:

-Were it the masks?- Was.

Chapter 7:

-The stem was made of the most wheaterworn wood, and those windows had that eerie feel to them...- Weatherworn.

Chapter 8:

-I don't think you'd feel very comfortable aroun here again, I mean, you're new!- Typo.

-A laughable thing is, Jeimiña didn't arrive in a major village until the revolition was over!- Revolution.

-That was exactly what Jeimiña had aimed for, and the monkey became a grand succes... As much of a succes that even the name if the island..- Success.

Chapter 10:

-He could've sworn he saw something glinstering in the darkness ahead...- Glistening.

-''What in the world are they upto?''- Up to.

-We, the Kelele, use this place to hold important meetings and such, and of course only our most respected members are aloud here.'- Allowed. Aloud means 'out loud'.

Chapter 12:

-I immediately layed down again, noticing the God's golden mask was remarkably friendly and familiar in a way, human almost.- Laid.

Hurted isn't a word; it's just hurt.

Chapter 13:

-you was two years old, Jardineiro teached his children the arts of gardening from a very young age – Taught. And it should be 'you were'.

-You can not take down demons or even a Goddess on your own.- It's always cannot, one word.

-Oh, Seedos, please, they can look after theirselves, especially since it's just for a short while!- Themselves.

Chapter 15:

-He's sworen an oath that he'd slaughter every Young 'God', and every last follower they still have left.- Sworn.

-It is impossible for her toeven beanything like Dastardos.- To even, be anything. Typos?

-cutting of the limps of either guilty or innocent prisoners...- Limbs.

-We can't let another overthrow happen like that; in fact, I think that we should ruin the human civilazation before it is too late! Let's not take dangerous ever risks again... - Civilization. In the last sentence, your word order is wrong.

Chapter 16:

-The yellow light that was shining through the closed curtains just looked so inviting, and... save.- Typo.

-I never realized how much cooking actually can be before, but when the wheater's gloomy like this, it's definately a nice way to pass the time!- I think you're missing a 'fun' in that sentence, weather, and definitely.

In general, you used the word 'Priestress' a few times. I'm sure I'm missing something... probably some sort of pinata pun. Perhaps it was intentional. If it was, apologies; carry on. But the correct spelling is 'priestess'.

Okay, now that that's done. XD Ha! Looks like this was already published. I didn't even notice when I first looked at your profile. XD

My state is just like Pinata Island right now. Seriously, rain and darkness in MAY? I think Mother Nature woke up a little late! xD *ahem* Anyway, story's awesome, as usual. The plot is incredibly detailed and I can see you thought this all out pretty thoroughly. I'll be waiting for more, but no promises I won't procrastinate on reading it. :P
Epic Laughter chapter 16 . 5/9/2012
Hehehe, Katchie is so cute! I love how you said kittens can have days where they're hyper and days where they just sleep all day; as a proud owner of a 3 month old kitten, that is VERY true!

Bad rain in May? Ameena's noticing that things are getting strange, too...I'm always excited to see what weird thing will happen next...even if I'm sure I've told you that a million times before! :P

Oh, I hope you'll write the party! That would be fun; I always enjoy writing party settings! :D

Ameena's crush on Patch is just TOO CUTE, as always! Haha, if only she knew that the feelings were mutual! I'm sure she'll find out eventually. ;)

And yay, you used the clothing store idea! I like the last name you came up with for them, too. :D

This was an excellent chapter; Leafos and Ameena's friendship is terrific. As always, I'll be looking forward to more oh-so very much!
Epic Laughter chapter 15 . 5/3/2012
Ohhhhh my Goooood, things are getting really intense!

Interesting to see what the Old Gods think of Ameena and all of those other people. Hehe, "that superhero bitch"!

I love the descriptions for all of them, too, how one is beautiful despite how twisted her mask is. Sheer perfection! :D

I'm soooo excited to see where this goes, and what's causing Ameena to be how she is! You're really building up the suspense, I can't wait to see all of it come to fruition! :D
Epic Laughter chapter 14 . 4/28/2012
Oooooh, another strange occurrence! These just get more and more exciting; poor Bart! I can only imagine what caused this!

I wonder where he's going, why this happened...oh maaaaaaan, lots and lots of questions! FANTASTIC work! Loved him thinking back to one of his exes too, hehe!

SUPER excited for more, buddy! :D
Epic Laughter chapter 13 . 3/31/2012

Yet again, WOOOOW!

You write for both Seedos and Dastardos so brilliantly it makes my head spin! Dass especially; loved the detail of him just sitting on the sacred sarcophagus like it was nothing. Heheh!

Aww, Seedos and Dastardos' goodbye tugged at the heartstrings. Takes a lot for Dass to say "I love you" so he must really care about his baby bro!

So Seedos is involved in all of this too, hmmm? Oh my goodness, looking forward to seeing what happens next, as always!