Reviews for Athena
Musicwolf7 chapter 19 . 2/21
Dude I got chills... Again. And I don't get chills easily. This was well worth the wait. Very well done! Short of a few minor type-os that I have already forgotten where they were (such was my captivated attention) this chapter is absolutely perfect! I found myself picturing the entire thing animated in my head. I have an idea for a drawing of Victoria leaving Johann on the dance floor, that startled, dismayed look on his face. I can't wait for an update, but I know if I do it will only continue to be outstanding! :) Your capture of each character, from your own to Marvel's is so authentic and genuine and each character is amazingly individual in their thoughts, actions, personality... It's a hard thing to do. It takes not just effort but real talent.
Blackbird71 chapter 19 . 2/16
This was worth waiting for. As always, wonderful imagery. I like Captain Leigh. He's a well-written OC. Nice insight into Johann's/Red Skull's mind. He's going to be even more dangerous now that he's embraced being a monster. I can't wait to read what happens next!
ThePhantomismyLove chapter 18 . 12/29/2014
Please write more. Save Mina and Steve.
Musicwolf7 chapter 18 . 7/29/2014
Eeeeeeeeeeee... I swear I smell an Oscar somewhere in this... You are absolutely amazing and your writing (few type-os aside ;) ) is wonderfully fluid and the imagery so vivid that I'm picturing the movie through the whole thing. I loved how you seamlessly wove the film into your story throughout this chapter and the sheer amount of... Well, everything! I feel quite happy to being doing sketches for something and someone this amazing. :) Props and I can't wait for chapter 19!
Blackbird71 chapter 18 . 7/29/2014
Thank you. That was such a good chapter. Schmidt is so amazingly smart. I can't wait for the next update.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 18 . 7/28/2014
Update immediately, please!
ThePhantomismyLove chapter 17 . 5/11/2014
please wrrite more
Fangirl chapter 17 . 3/27/2014
Gah! I love this. I finished everything that you've written in one day and I want more! Please tell me you update regularly? Like every month? Or two weeks? I'm gonna die between updates :(. Also, I love Mina. She's just so realistic and I can really envision her in the situation. I can also see that you have having fun writing Red skull.
Anodienthefair chapter 17 . 3/17/2014
This is quite the amazing piece of work! I have enjoyed reading it and will be coming back to partake of more. Please update soon for a British girl in the States!
Blackbird71 chapter 17 . 2/24/2014
I love the way you intertwined the Marvel backstory with your own. They are integrated seemlessly. Another flawless chapter to add to your wonderful collection.
Musicwolf7 chapter 17 . 2/20/2014
Well... That hit like a blast from a canon...
My dearest friend you continue to display the marks of a one day esteemed writer. Your language when writing is fluid and fits the piece marvelously and your timing is quite excellent. The few jokes broke the ice wonderfully and while the last line at first seems light and breaks some of the tension, it starts to recreate it as one thinks about it and just how deep it really is.
But there is something else. Many writers struggle to develop characters a reader can relate to, whether it is their own characters or one they are using from something else. You have managed to achieve that with all of your characters. I would not give you this example publicly normally, but I will this time.
Myself I can relate with Johann in a way that makes my skin crawl a bit. (That's not a bad thing, perhaps. Keep reading). I have come to my field later then others with virtually none of the required training and past. It really is an enormously difficult thing and a lot of people can relate to it. Between bad habits, circumstances, and my desire to approach my situation from a different one is just that much more... Well... Less. If I did not have a mentor of such a nature myself I would most likely be screwed. I'm being vague, but I'll explain more in a message.
It's enough, I hope, to say that between my life, ASD, and the desensitization provided by today very few things can succeed in rattling my cage. You have achieved that. Congratulations on a job very well done and as always I look forward to your next chapter.

Absolute best,

MW7
ZabuzasGirl chapter 17 . 2/19/2014
Update immediately, please!Update immediately, please!
Musicwolf7 chapter 16 . 11/25/2013
O.o WOW... I am speechless... Okay, no I'm not, I'm still going to type. That was AMAZING. There are some people who can write and some people who can spin words. You my friend can spin them. I love how elegant and smooth your writing is. It's gripping. I'd watch this over Captain America any day at any hour. Completely brilliant! I love how you did Red's interaction with Mina. That's something I've been missing lately in my re-writes is that initial reaction to Johann's true appearance. I think it's because on screen or in pictures it's not hard to look at but what if it was real? What if you really where looking at it? How would you feel then? You let Mina give us a look at that. Johann's piece at the beginning was brilliant too. That inner war with himself was written perfectly and nice touch with all the music. :) I love how Johann both loves what he is and yet loathes it. There's such a high contrast that Johann puts between himself and his alter ego, yet there's just enough similarity that it really is very well done. I gotta say, I'd gladly spend a day or two in Johann's quarters reading any number of those books. Your descriptions leave one to picture the scenes perfectly. I have a question. Johann was an orphan in the comics. Will you make him and his sister one? A related point to Mina? Something the Red Skull could taunt her a bit more with? Just curious. No spoilers if you don't want, but always open to bouncing ideas. Looks like the brief writer's block paid off. ; ) I really can't wait for chapter 17! (Don't feel pressured though. Never write a bunch under pressure. Bad idea). Happy writings!
Blackbird71 chapter 16 . 11/21/2013
It's funny, I was thinking about this story a few days ago, wondering when the next chapter was coming, and here it is. As always, it does not fail to disappoint.

Requiem...is that Mozart?

I loved the relationship analysis at the beginning of the chapter. Their relationship is so...perfect. It's almost like Jekyll and Hyde. And it was really well-written too.

I also liked Mina meeting Red Skull. I think he did a fair job of convincing her not to hate him, but it will require more effort in the future. Poor Johann, every time everything seems to be going alright, something happens. If only Mina shared his dreams for world domination. Then again, the story wouldn't be nearly as fun to read if that were true.

I eagerly await the next chapter.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 16 . 11/19/2013