Reviews for Athena
Fangirl chapter 17 . 3/27
Gah! I love this. I finished everything that you've written in one day and I want more! Please tell me you update regularly? Like every month? Or two weeks? I'm gonna die between updates :(. Also, I love Mina. She's just so realistic and I can really envision her in the situation. I can also see that you have having fun writing Red skull.
Anodienthefair chapter 17 . 3/17
This is quite the amazing piece of work! I have enjoyed reading it and will be coming back to partake of more. Please update soon for a British girl in the States!
Blackbird71 chapter 17 . 2/24
I love the way you intertwined the Marvel backstory with your own. They are integrated seemlessly. Another flawless chapter to add to your wonderful collection.
musicwolf7 chapter 17 . 2/20
Well... That hit like a blast from a canon...
My dearest friend you continue to display the marks of a one day esteemed writer. Your language when writing is fluid and fits the piece marvelously and your timing is quite excellent. The few jokes broke the ice wonderfully and while the last line at first seems light and breaks some of the tension, it starts to recreate it as one thinks about it and just how deep it really is.
But there is something else. Many writers struggle to develop characters a reader can relate to, whether it is their own characters or one they are using from something else. You have managed to achieve that with all of your characters. I would not give you this example publicly normally, but I will this time.
Myself I can relate with Johann in a way that makes my skin crawl a bit. (That's not a bad thing, perhaps. Keep reading). I have come to my field later then others with virtually none of the required training and past. It really is an enormously difficult thing and a lot of people can relate to it. Between bad habits, circumstances, and my desire to approach my situation from a different one is just that much more... Well... Less. If I did not have a mentor of such a nature myself I would most likely be screwed. I'm being vague, but I'll explain more in a message.
It's enough, I hope, to say that between my life, ASD, and the desensitization provided by today very few things can succeed in rattling my cage. You have achieved that. Congratulations on a job very well done and as always I look forward to your next chapter.

Absolute best,

MW7
ZabuzasGirl chapter 17 . 2/19
Update immediately, please!Update immediately, please!
musicwolf7 chapter 16 . 11/25/2013
O.o WOW... I am speechless... Okay, no I'm not, I'm still going to type. That was AMAZING. There are some people who can write and some people who can spin words. You my friend can spin them. I love how elegant and smooth your writing is. It's gripping. I'd watch this over Captain America any day at any hour. Completely brilliant! I love how you did Red's interaction with Mina. That's something I've been missing lately in my re-writes is that initial reaction to Johann's true appearance. I think it's because on screen or in pictures it's not hard to look at but what if it was real? What if you really where looking at it? How would you feel then? You let Mina give us a look at that. Johann's piece at the beginning was brilliant too. That inner war with himself was written perfectly and nice touch with all the music. :) I love how Johann both loves what he is and yet loathes it. There's such a high contrast that Johann puts between himself and his alter ego, yet there's just enough similarity that it really is very well done. I gotta say, I'd gladly spend a day or two in Johann's quarters reading any number of those books. Your descriptions leave one to picture the scenes perfectly. I have a question. Johann was an orphan in the comics. Will you make him and his sister one? A related point to Mina? Something the Red Skull could taunt her a bit more with? Just curious. No spoilers if you don't want, but always open to bouncing ideas. Looks like the brief writer's block paid off. ; ) I really can't wait for chapter 17! (Don't feel pressured though. Never write a bunch under pressure. Bad idea). Happy writings!
Blackbird71 chapter 16 . 11/21/2013
It's funny, I was thinking about this story a few days ago, wondering when the next chapter was coming, and here it is. As always, it does not fail to disappoint.

Requiem...is that Mozart?

I loved the relationship analysis at the beginning of the chapter. Their relationship is so...perfect. It's almost like Jekyll and Hyde. And it was really well-written too.

I also liked Mina meeting Red Skull. I think he did a fair job of convincing her not to hate him, but it will require more effort in the future. Poor Johann, every time everything seems to be going alright, something happens. If only Mina shared his dreams for world domination. Then again, the story wouldn't be nearly as fun to read if that were true.

I eagerly await the next chapter.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 16 . 11/19/2013
musicwolf7 chapter 15 . 7/14/2013
I have one word for you... Perfection. ;) I love this and I feel bad for both of them, actually, more for Mina, but for Johann too. I think out of any fandom Johann will always be my fav. Loves him to peices. :D I apologize for not updating my stories or sending you anymore messages but I'll get on that this evening. It was a busy couple of days.
I'm interested to see how Johann plans on getting himself out of that last one. ;) You write him perfectly, both as far as Mr. Weaving's portrayal and the comics. :D
Happy writings!
MW7
P.S. I use a LOT of adverbs... So I guess we'd both be frowned at by Mr. King. XD Maybe he'd like it though, never know. Maybe it would be the exception. _
Blackbird71 chapter 15 . 7/11/2013
Like all your chapters, this one was amazing.

I loved the explanation for why Johann hates Victoria so much, and by inference, America.

I want Mina to see Red Skull, but that would be difficult because I think she could figure out that Johann is Red Skull.

The conversation between Mina and Johann was great.

And I don't care about the adverbs. Personally, I find them helpful, because I am terrible with using context clues to guess emotions.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 15 . 7/10/2013
unusedffacount chapter 14 . 5/26/2013
Oh my goodness, this was by far my favorite chapter. It was just...wow. I loved it! Can't wait for the next update! I eagerly await it!

-Vertigo
Musicwolf7 chapter 14 . 5/23/2013
O.o ARGH! Mindblown... And nice cliffy... Looking forward to the next chapter! This is so awesome! Ever thought about turning it into a movie? I'd buy a ticket! Several times! The sound from the Tesseract makes me think of the Chaos Engine Trilogy. :D 3 it! You just keep getting better! O.o
Blackbird71 chapter 14 . 5/22/2013
This was great.

First, I love all the attention to detail. The music, the number of glasses of schnaps (I suppose he can't get drunk either, but it's not for lack of trying).

Second, the action was wonderful.

Third, I love all the times Mina describes Johann's face as a mask. The irony is brilliant.

I cannot thank you enough for writing this.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 14 . 5/21/2013