Reviews for What Would I Give for Just One of Your Smiles
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
In the matter of details, I loved when Snape mumbles "too bloody hot in here" and, when he unfastens his robe, Lupin realizes he is bare... sooooooo hot. One of my fantasies is a Snape bare under his robes.
ana.iv.5 chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
Merlin... so gloomy and nostalgic... you captured brilliantly the feeling of shock and loss of Lupin. By the way, this is a surprisingly original idea. I would never conceive the proud pure-blood aristocrata Lucius Abraxas Malfoy and the righteous trusthworthy Severus Snape sat togheter in a filthy pub, and... consuming "drugs"! (that's the idea I have that "coup poudre" can be). That's dramatic... if only Lupin could go back in time to rescue his love... what could he give for just refind his sweet, naïf Severus of their boyhood times... what could he give for just his smile...
Runaway Kid-RK chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
You really do have an excellent style of writing. Five stars, my friend.
droolsss chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
yeah...

Hazy, but also apparent atmosphere of this fic is marvellous, beautiful.

Oh, what about my Remus?
shadowycat chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
You are so good at setting a scene and mood. This was fascinating. I want to understand what was really going on between Snape and Malfoy. The balance of power there seemed different than I might have expected. I'd love to have gotten a peek into Snape's state of mind, which seemed a bit precarious to say the least. Are you going to write more with this? Since it has sat untouched for so long I would guess not, but that would be a shame. It's a very compelling beginning. A continuation would be well worth reading. I am hoping for more.
mimine chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
I have not words that can accurately describe how it felt to read this story. I can only compliment you on the little things, your excellent writing, the details of the pub and the village in general, describing so accurately Remus' pariah status, Snape's horrifying change.

I liked that the tables are turned and Snape is in control now, not Lucius. I'd very much like to see a fic from you expounding on the change of dynamic in the relationship that you hint at here. I've always had bit of a soft spot for Snape/Lucius.

Can't wait to see your stories for the Snape fuh-q-fest.

Mim

PS. Thank you so much for reviewing my fics, you made my day. Thanks esp. for the review on the lost boys, I actually have the addie to a Lost Boys fanfic archive (what sucks is that the stories there are mostly Michael/Sam -think that's the kid's name- incest stories). If you're interested mail me. I'll be writing more on the fandom, going for an all out boink. Somehow they seem just perfect for a remorseless fivesome.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
What would I not give to be with Severus now? Rhys, you're an excellent writer. I believe this is being one of your best works. Love, L.
redbirdie chapter 1 . 8/17/2002
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...
BarbaraSheridan chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
Words escape me. This was such an engrossing piece... It drew me in at once, held me tight and let me go long before I ready to have it end...
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
Another stunning effort from the pen of Rhys - or shall I say the keyboard?

The description of the Dark Wizards pub and its patrons was so engrossing, I nearly forgot that I was waiting for Snape to make an appearance.

I both want and *don't want* to know why Snape wanted the coupe poudre, and am both horrified and transfixed at Snape's transformation.

Very intriguing. Leaves me wanting more.
Dana Phearson chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
Gracious-

A well written sense of place and memory- and oh, who of us did not secretly lust after the the thin, trent reznor looking, dreadlock boy who was too damn smart for his own good. God.

Dana.

P.S.- More memory pieces, please.
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
Whoa... I love your fics, so when I found a new one, I was ecstatic... but after seeing this, I just felt so intensely sad. Both of them are so far apart now. Why did they split up in the first place... oh, wait. I know. This *is* canon partially then! So the shrieking shack incident did happen.

Gawd, I feel awful; Snape's the one in control now. Not Malfoy. But Snape, which says so much that I'm rather afraid for the two of them. I was so glad to see that only Remus saw Snape and not the other way around. It was natural and wonderful... well, in you know, a hard way. I can't wait to see more of Remus and Snape and what else happens in their future!