Reviews for One Last Wand
meldahlie chapter 5 . 10/18/2014
I cannot believe that this charming and erudite tale has so few reviews! It is delightful, and the amount of wizarding history you've packed in is fascinating. So, as a fellow member of both the 'chronically under-reviewed' and 'world-builders' societies ( :P ), Salve Domine!
Quaternary chapter 5 . 6/8/2012
I'd definitely like to see your take on all of the early Wizarding institutions, but I notice that this little story doesn't segue into Beaxbatons as we would know it to be. Or perhaps not as apparently as the other stories. Still a very bodacious read.
scherre chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
I have immensely enjoyed these little insights you give into ancient wizarding life. any more you might add would be gladly anticipated. Gringotts could be interesting, too.

I liked the twist of Neron being a long distant ancestor of the Malfoys.. I knew that the talk of the English Lordship was leading to something but it wasn't until you described Flavius' arrival that I exclaimed to myself 'He's a Malfoy!' Fun to have it confirmed a few lines later :)
MuggleBeene chapter 5 . 1/11/2012
Incredibly well-done and very, very fun to read. I like the fact that we're getting historical background along with the story. And as for your question at the end, yes to all of them. If I may suggest, I think the origin of the Tri-Wizard tournament would be great to read about, and with your abilities to work in magical history I can imagine a fun story. So many possibilities, andin the stories you've got political and social ideas; perhaps the tournament would be an event to show how one magical educational institution's theories and curriculum stacks up against the others?

So much packed into a small story. Please continue!
ehogsmeade chapter 5 . 1/10/2012
Excellent work, fitting believably in both the norman conquest and the Potterverse. Thoughtfully detailed - I appreciate the footnotes especially. And de Malefoy - what a stroke!
MuggleBeene chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
Oh, now this is a very fun read. I really like the addition of the wood nymphs, a mix of the classical with the "modern" magical. Please continue, as in such a short space you've got me very interested in the characters.