Reviews for What Goes Around
purpledolphin1 chapter 9 . 4/15
I am finding this so amusing
BreathingMagic chapter 24 . 3/15
This was great, I really enjoyed reading this. Your Arthur characterization was absolutely brilliant - and very, very amusing! I usually enjoy different POVs during one story and sometimes get bored when it's only, but that couldn't be further away from the truth for this story, it worked perfectly this way and kept me interested the whole way through. Merlin in my opinion was quite a bit OOC in my opinion, but not in a way that would have spoilt the fic. I'm looking forward very much to reading the sequel. :) Now I'll go and enjoy the epilogue.
BreathingMagic chapter 20 . 3/14
*sniff* Oh Merlin... Oh Arthur! And you didn't even give him those damn beautiful neckerchiefs that started it all! That would have been a lovely farewell present... :'(
BreathingMagic chapter 12 . 3/13
Brrrrrrr. This kind of foreboding always gives me the shivers... I don't want Merlin's world to end, and I don't want him gone! D':
BreathingMagic chapter 10 . 3/13
Oh my, there's so many things I love about this chapter. The idea of a drunk Merlin being very affectionate and "enjoying a good hug" is just one of them, the way that Gwaine and even the others care about him another. It's just so lovely. :) I'm also very happy that yoz decided to mention Arthur anArthur's's love for one another so openly, without fear of what the slashers will make of it - because they do love each other, it's simply the truth, very much like brothers.

P.S. That last review was mine as well, seems just that I wasn't logged in.
Aww man! I was SO loking forward to Arthur presenting his gifts "with undignified glee". Damn that would have made happy! Oh well, I guess this was to be expected, but Arthur's joy was just too contagious.
Linorien chapter 25 . 8/2/2014
This was so fun to read. I really liked both of their reaction to the reveal. Merlin absolutely should have a little bit of righteous anger at Arthur and Arthur had a lot of good deliberation going on.
And I like Merlin's reasons for leaving. Plus Merlin's dungeons cell becoming more homey than his room. I look forward to finding the sequel.
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 11 . 8/1/2014
He seems like he is slowly slipping off the slope here.
satomika chapter 25 . 7/24/2014
I love the way you wrote this!

So amusing, sarcastic, filled with humor - dry or not. It's so believable and it's so them I'm just sad that there aren't much Gwaine scenes and Merlin didn't even say Goodbye

Hau

Anyway, i also cried when arthur cried about Merlin's neckerchief that was heart touching and humbling!
Guest chapter 25 . 5/21/2014
thank u for the journy u have taken me on. u have scared and frightened me along with giving me laughter with arthurs ego and obsetions and merlins endless wit u have broke my heart with gwaine. i will be eternally greatful. :'
Lliri chapter 5 . 3/30/2014
Wow, I LOVED the way you handled that chapter.
eilonwy77 chapter 14 . 1/28/2014
This story makes me laugh so hard I cry! Awesome, hilarious!
EccentricFox chapter 25 . 12/29/2013
Honestly, I very nearly stopped reading this halfway through. The insight was nice and it was interesting to read the story from Gwen's perspective for a bit, but I don't know that it was entirely necessary. I know there is a part 2, so I can understand why there isn't so much of a resolution but it does feel as if nothing of much really happened - even though quite a fair bit did. Particular highlights were the reveal, Merlin healing Gwaine and Leon and the rest...nothing much really stands out. Maybe Arthur's visits to Merlin's cell and the final confrontation in the forest were noteworthy but the intervening parts really bogged the story down a bit. I'm very hesitant to read the next instalment, even though I'm really interested to see where you take it.

That aside, it was an interesting read despite my criticisms.
EccentricFox chapter 24 . 12/29/2013
I have been enjoying your story so far, but I actually stopped reading it around chapter 22 to put it aside for a week or so because, while I am enjoying the read, it's also a bit laborious. It took so long for Arthur to reach his conclusions and the continual commentary on his thought process became a bit of a trial. If your manner of expression wasn't so witty and charming, I would have skimmed the chapters until something actually happened. As it was, I read each chapter from start to finish even though I was thoroughly impatient for some story progression.

When I picked it up again to read, I remembered why I managed to get through the previous chapters. You write very well and very cleverly, but perhaps, to avoid the story from dragging on, you may consider budgeting your words a bit. Perhaps, if you have the inclination, you may want to review the story and see if there aren't some areas where you could trim the fat, so to speak.

Arthur's internal thought processes are funny, but I think you may overdone it a bit and may have made him a bit more idiotic than I think his character is (he's not totally imbecilic, after all), and he's far more vain than I would have imagined, but he's been charming nonetheless. I'm interested to read on to see how you handle the rest of the story and I hope that it's not such a test on my (im)patience but just as engaging as the last 24 chapters.
pushthepramalot chapter 25 . 11/25/2013
Haha, oh my god, this story had me in tears of laughter. I'm pretty sure my family think I'm insane because I would just be giggling at my computer for no particular reason. You just got everyone so in character, it was amazing. And Arthur as a narrator was possibly the best decision you have ever made. Of course, there was the sad bits too, but they were intermingled with the funny parts to give it a uplifted atmosphere. But god, I love your sense of humor; it's just so dry and perfect and yeah... this is way longer than I expected it to be, so Imma stop now, but great work!