Reviews for Humbert does laundry
I can imagine that. Yet, would he really admit its a "fantasy of generating a child bride"? I did not read the book, but i guess he denies what he is doing.
(Although, Lolita itself is such a sad and awful story so only unhappy smilies :-( :-/
Jojobean209 chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
I love this. You captured the feel of the novel very well
jusquicitoutvabien chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
Don't try mimicking someone else's style of writing, you sound halfway between yourself and nabokov. I've read him, I might like better to read you
kaisoo12 chapter 1 . 4/25/2015
Oh my lord. Fantastically, maniacally written. It really shows what a deluded creepy Humbert is. A delightful read!
SuziCue6 chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
Really great job getting Humbert's voice/Nabokov's writing style! Impressive!
sobela chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Aw I this was cute I just wish there where more on fic's on this book.
thehummingbear chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Now THIS was really good. Another one I just read was too purply, but this one has just enough (Maybe not enough? Perhaps a few mental tangents to add here and there-like Hum often did in the midst of a thought,with dashes-might be a welcome addition.) to keep it from going overboard. I do love it, and can see it as an excerpt from the book.
PeachyPersimmon chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Beautifully written and told, I can hear Humberts voice ringing through...
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Very nicely done. Your prose is elegant and in the style of the original author, with just a dash of American flare.
MiyukiShinodaMindFreak chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
A little bit too short for me but it was a good read.
KatFisch chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Very sweet and your writing sounds just like him. Nice job!
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Awesome. Really well done. Love the bit of ordinary made beautiful. And the end about illicit soapbox babies. ; )
catoglossmarvelfinnick chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Wow you really captured his writing style well.
SIREV chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Oh, I really liked this. You know how to continue with the story and it's a nice, refreshing view of how they'd have continued with their lifes. And the child! Nice touch introducing a new nymphet! Seems like Hum is never going to get used to them.
Madame Apathy chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
You've done a brilliant job of capturing Humbert's voice in this, and you've kept Lolita in character. Your vocabulary is also brilliant, and you've caught Nabokov's sense of humour beautifully.