Reviews for Humbert does laundry
jusquicitoutvabien chapter 1 . 5/26
Don't try mimicking someone else's style of writing, you sound halfway between yourself and nabokov. I've read him, I might like better to read you
kaisoo12 chapter 1 . 4/25
Oh my lord. Fantastically, maniacally written. It really shows what a deluded creepy Humbert is. A delightful read!
SuziCue6 chapter 1 . 2/16
Really great job getting Humbert's voice/Nabokov's writing style! Impressive!
sobela chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Aw I this was cute I just wish there where more on fic's on this book.
thehummingbear chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Now THIS was really good. Another one I just read was too purply, but this one has just enough (Maybe not enough? Perhaps a few mental tangents to add here and there-like Hum often did in the midst of a thought,with dashes-might be a welcome addition.) to keep it from going overboard. I do love it, and can see it as an excerpt from the book.
PurplePersimmon chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Beautifully written and told, I can hear Humberts voice ringing through...
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Very nicely done. Your prose is elegant and in the style of the original author, with just a dash of American flare.
MiyukiShinodaMindFreak chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
A little bit too short for me but it was a good read.
KatFisch chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Very sweet and your writing sounds just like him. Nice job!
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Awesome. Really well done. Love the bit of ordinary made beautiful. And the end about illicit soapbox babies. ; )
catoglossmarvelfinnick chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Wow you really captured his writing style well.
SIREV chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Oh, I really liked this. You know how to continue with the story and it's a nice, refreshing view of how they'd have continued with their lifes. And the child! Nice touch introducing a new nymphet! Seems like Hum is never going to get used to them.
Persephone999 chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
You've done a brilliant job of capturing Humbert's voice in this, and you've kept Lolita in character. Your vocabulary is also brilliant, and you've caught Nabokov's sense of humour beautifully.
Account Killer 3948 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Ah, beautiful! You've really captured something of Nabokov's humour and the hopeless, devoted manner of Humbert's passion. I particularly liked the clothes representing the locations of previous trysts. Great job!