Reviews for Override
CityDurl chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Excellent. The final act of Extreme Risk let us down, when depression and self-harm are ongoing issues that would take more than a stack of pancakes to cure. You picked an excellent moment to capture in writing, and you depicted it with real pain, real emotion. There was a powerful dichotomy in the last section between what B'Elanna wasn't feeling and what the reader does feel from your descriptions. Not easy material to delve into. Well done.
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This is great. This is a brilliant depiction of the journey that led B'Elanna down the path of "extreme risk." Her thoughts, her emotions (or lack thereof) are perfectly described. I felt like I WAS her when I was reading this.

The only thing I wondered is if she wouldn't have tried inflicting pain on herself in some other ways first - beyond the hair pull or the bloody lip. Cutting herself, for example... until she found that the simple act of inflicting a little pain that she knew could immediately be healed with a dermal regenerator wasn't enough... and that that's what finally leads her to run these dangerous holodeck programs, because it's not only about the pain, it's about the danger of putting herself in life-threatening situations. At any rate, just something I wondered.

Regardless, I thought that this was great, and unique in the fanfic world. Most people are afraid to go here and I think you did it beautifully.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Very perceptive and emotionally realistic depiction of a descent the writers only gave us glimpses of. You really captured B'Elanna's voice, rage and despair - as well as the deliberate omission (exclusion) from all of those thoughts and actions, of any reference to Tom Paris. The worst kind of pain is pain that will not be shared.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
There is a sense of inevitability in this depiction of B'Elanna's descent into a numbing emptiness from which pain itself becomes a welcome release. You've created an intense word picture of pain and grief.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Incredibly well done! You really made this particular scenario more intense and believable, thank you.