Reviews for The Holly and the Ivy
Greyella chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I'm a sucker for metaphors...this was a fantastic one.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Haha - THAT'S how Bellatrix is like holly, Narcissa: she will cut you. I like it. :)
BellaPur chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Very nice symbolism there Gammz
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I haven't read stories were Bella and Cissy are young. And this is very good, as always :)

I love the comparisons. The ivy being Cissy and the Holly being Bella. Very good, and you know what I like a young Bella that is not screaming at the top of her lungs: "MUDBLOOD!" lol.

And well in my head, I don't know about you, but Bella must really love Cissy, she is her sister that is left (andromeda issue) so she doesn't want the ivy to be harmed, because she is to frail, so without Bella I think Cissy would be gone literally when the 2nd war began, imagine those death eaters wanting to be with the ivy. I think not only Lucius had a say but Bella, bing the most loyal death ate. OMG sorry I'm rambling sorry I'll stop now!

Great as always :)

Much love!

C.G.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I really like the way you built the comparison between the sisters and both plants! It was very prettily described, the end especially. Rather sad… I really liked this )
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I remember playing this song in orchestra a few years ago...I was on the same note nearly the entire time...so I found the song rather boring. XP

Liked how you did it here though. :) they are rather like the holly and the ivy once you start thinking. Good job! :D
Violet Scarlet Lily not logged chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Wow. So simple, but so well written. I loved that the holly changes with narcissa's perception of Bellatrix. And i really liked how you described both the plants and not the characters - it said more that way. I think my favorite line was the one about Narcissa not remembering why she doesn't like holly. Great job!