Reviews for Expectations
TheTwoDL chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I really liked the idea. However I did find quite a few punctuation errors and spelling mistakes. Also I noticed that this sentence - "Oh yeah, thanks." Teddy waived his hand and the broom floated to him. - is a bit inappropriate. Since Teddy is still at school, he won't be allowed to outside Hogwarts. Other than that, I liked the story a lot. Well done!
gallowsCallibrator chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
This was very nice, I liked how even though Teddy didn't have any parents, he could still go to Harry for advice. Realistically, kids don't really go to their parents for advice much, but Harry could be like the cool uncle (or in this case, godfather) that acts like one of the kids while still being responsible.

My favorite part is, "Teddy if you wanted to wear a pink tutu and sell ladies underwear at "Madame Malkin's" Gin and I would support you," Harry said. "We may laugh, point and take pictures, but we would support you." I thought that was hilarious, and when i showed it to my friend she laughed at it as well.

Andromeda was so funny in this, just like the overprotective, nagging grandmother that I would expect her to be. You also captured just how I thought Ginny would be as an adult, responsible and makes sure to look after all of the kids.

This will be great for my challenge that you entered it in, the Legacy Affect one. Of course Teddy would be angry at having to live up to everyone's expectations and his parents' legacies, whether he wanted to or not. It was interesting how you made him a Hufflepuff instead of a Gryffindor, like everyone thought that he would be.

Overall, very nice and good luck in the competition.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I loved this. This was one of my favourites of your stories. It was well written, it flowed nicely and Harry and Ginny seemed to be very in character. And I liked your Teddy and Lily and James as well. Well done :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I enjoyed this. Teddy feeling the pressure of having to live up to everyone's expectations must be hard.

Though, I think you might want to read back through this because quite honestly, you have a lot of grammer mistakes that are distracting from the story. Mainly what catches my attention is your punctuation within dialouge.

Examples:

""Yeah, I thought so." His gran answered." - the period there should be a comma, because you're adding that the character said that.

""What they don't deserve, I've come to realize, is our lives." Harry looked at the teen his green eyes flashing with intensity. "Your mum and dad did not die so you could be an Auror or a professor. They died so you would have a chance to do what makes you happy."" - The first part requires a comma, because, again you're carrying on with saying that Harry spoke that. The second part is perfect since you don't have a specific character saying it.

If you would like, I could help beta it for you.

But you did have some rather good line and character depth for Teddy.

Overall, not bad.
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
This is a really lovely story. I love how his Gran tries to take pictures of every single moment - perhaps she wishes she had more pictures of her daughter and wants to make sure she never misses a moment of Teddy. I also think it's funny and very realistic that he's annoyed with her for it, and annoyed at being nagged. The conversation with James was really good to. Teddy is excellent at advice, but I think Harry is right and he should follow it too. It would really funny to see him end up in a tutu in the clothes shop, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Minx of Lynex chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Oh my goodness this is bloody adorable :3 And has officially made it to my favorites list. Okay now that my fluffy squealing is over :) This really was amazing. I've never read a story were it described the feelings that the Next-gen characters have towards their parents being an essential part in the war and I honestly think that you hit the nail on the head. It was absolutely wonderful! Keep up the good work! :D
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Hey Mark.

Wow I must say I love your Teddy. And your Teddy can be in canon, having to live up to his family name, him drawing, being a Hufflepuff.

The relationship he has with Andromeda is hilarious but believable that I enjoyed it really much. James is wonderful just the way I see him.

You did a wonderful job, it's well written and it's worthy of being a favorite :D

Do you have more of Teddy?

Much love!

C.G.
THD chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
I always thought that Teddy would end up taking on at least some of Harry's personality traits so to read this was wonderful. I also like the fact that he's so much like his father; trying to help ease someone's anxiety while denying his own.
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
This was really great. I loved how you characterized all of them. I'm not the biggest fan of nextgen but I do love Teddy. I love the relationship you set up between Teddy and Harry. And I like the idea of waiting to tell the kids about the family reputation until they go off to school. It's interesting that they chose to do that and the way the kids react to it. I had never really thought about it before. And pretty much all of the dialogue here is awesome. This is really well done.
MuggleBeene chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Nice, interesting view of the Teddy/Potter kids dynamic. I'd be interested to see how Teddy does at taking his own advice.

Only a few minor quibbles, something I learned from Northumbrian a while back, regarding capitalization. Quidditch, Muggles, etc. are always capitalized.

Now that we've dispensed with that part, I like how "the talk" seems to affect James and Teddy's comments to Harry about the ramifications of that talk. It isn't surprising that Harry and Ginny would want to minimize their involvement in events to their own kids, and finding out everything would be a bit of a mind-blower.

It would be interesting to see how Teddy deals with expectations. And I like Ginny as "art patron." Virginia (Boyd) Weasley would definitely approve.
Morning Lilies chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I loved it! All of it! It was exactly what I've been hoping for! :) asside from some punctuation errors and Al's and Lily's ages being slightly off, it was perfect! Well written and very well told. I especially liked Teddy's nicknames for Al and Lily, seeing how the potters and Andromeda and teddy all fit together, and Teddy's artistic abilities taking shape :) well done!