Reviews for In The Name Of
T. Alana M chapter 1 . 6/30
This was incredibly sad. You're right, many people see Sasuke as a jerk and everything and compares him to Naruto, but he's just someone who made bad decisions and had a shitload of trauma dumped on him. He's not evil.
That last scene really hammered it in. Sob.
Anarade Relle chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Humm, I think you did a good job with the mindset progression. Certainly showed how much Sasuke went through and the effects of leaving a little boy who had his whole world die alone. . . Went you mentioned how ninja removed Mikoto's possessions I immediately assumed the village seized them. Dunno if that's what you meant.
Deer-Shifter chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Your depiction of trauma aftermath shaping personality in an isolated environment is spooky and gut-punching. Especially with your before-scenarios serving as bookends for. It's utterly heartbreaking how he has forgotten the details that made up the people he lost, and focuses on the symbol of the clan to the point that he forgets everything but the dream.

One of the most important markers of adolescence and adulthood is the moment a child realizes his parents and adult figures are not perfect, but rather very flawed humans. Sasuke never reached this point, so he's working with the memory of a dream that was shattered when it was still an illusion of perfection. Even Itachi is still an illusion, albeit one with inverted coloring (perfect older brother to perfect monster). And because he's trying to live up to an ideal using a child's skewed memories of what was and what should be, Sasuke doesn't set realistic standards for himself. He takes what is already a family tendency to tunnel vision to extremes, and destroys himself with it.

Forget a talk with Itachi. Sasuke needs a talk with his parents where he gets a chance to see them as distinctly flawed and human.

Once again, great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
One of the best depictions of the trauma and devastation that Sasuke would have gone through post-massacre. Thanks for writing; this is truly lovely (and haunting)
kail420 chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
great, especially the last part.
Blade of Sparda chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Wow this is a great piece of work! You did a fabulous job in describing Sasuke's transformation, very well done and logical.
Keep up the good work!
kaiiju chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Thanks for the great read!
cooldood101 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This is an incredibly moving fic. The scene breaks were excellently done, and the message that it was Sasuke's circumstance, rather than personality, that leads him down his dark path is silent yet obtrusive in that I was convinced less than half way through the fic. At least I think that was the point! Brilliant job! :)
zeonista13 chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
We must always remember that heroes and villains, saints and monsters, are not born so. They are made by the world they inhabit, and co-exist with in their time. Those people marked by destiny must also make choices, and their choices in how to co-exist in their world will determine their destinies. Your story captures those elements in the tragically wasted childhood of Uchiha Sasuke. I will think back on this story, if I choose to write about Sasuke in one of my own fics.
Ekusukallybaa chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Really liked this one. It was very emotionally powerful. And a great study of Sasuke's character and motivations, something that I don't see all that often nowadays.

On a side note, I have to agree that Sasuke bashing is always really, REALLY annoying. Glad you feel the same way.

Thanks for writing this!
CanisLupus4 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Beautifully written. You show the gradual shifts in Sasuke's mindset very well, the little mentions of toys and photographs, the otherwise normal objects of life, lending an extra touch of poignancy to the entire, tragic piece. I dislike bashing in general, too, yeah XD. And there are no typos, bad grammar or the like, yay.
linkhyrule5 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I definitely noticed. Made a little "oh frak" when it changed, too.

Congratulations, this is now headcanon. I wonder if anyone's written a fic where this process got interrupted...
AlphaEph19 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Fantastic story. It's impossible to overstate how nice it is to see you delving into Sasuke's character without having already written him off as so many people do. Your style really blew me away throughout this - I especially liked the use of present tense, because I felt like it brought me closer into Sasuke's experience. I found myself comparing it to the Hunger Games, where the author uses present tense to describe action for absolutely no reason at all. But in your story, everything down to the scene breaks had a calculated purpose that added to the over-all effect.

I recently started a story of my own that is going to try and redeem Sasuke in a way, and I hope that I can bring half of the emotional depth to his character that I see in this one-shot. Thanks for a great piece of writing.
Missng chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I enjoyed the transitions. The thought process he goes through. I can't say I completely agree that even at a young age Sasuke would not attend class (no matter how sick of body or heart), but the cooking thing moved me, man (He stayed home until he could replicate his mother's cooking!). Actually, all the eating oriented scenes moved me. My brain must be in my stomach. Why he doesn't smile, why his answers are so short - awman. Thanks for the insight into the mind of young Sasuke.

Yeah, I don't really understand what's up with Sasuke's character now either. I'm so confused while I read the manga...
Wonderfully Smitten chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
That. Was. Intense. Bravo, person, bravo.